New Liskeard ride suggestions

weapon02

We checked into the Holiday inn New liskeard sat night with Chandos Rob and Jill, also had Scott and his wife join us, the hotel is amazing clean rooms and very big. Sunday morning rode towards Kirkland lake and met Ultrafrozen and Carol, while on route we met up with Mr85gt as he caught up to us on the trail, went to the Kenogami inn for a delicious Sunday brunch then took off back to NL, Monday morning we did a nice loop around NL and explored some local trails. Another great weekend in the books, next up is Quebec this Sunday for a week with Extreme 600 and I believe Zolo will join us for a couple of days.

post-22609-0-30232000-1455626382_thumb.jpeg

post-22609-0-13245500-1455626410_thumb.jpeg

post-22609-0-08460000-1455626451_thumb.jpeg

post-22609-0-51076500-1455626483_thumb.jpeg

post-22609-0-69450600-1455626513_thumb.jpeg

post-22609-0-45164600-1455626552_thumb.jpeg

post-22609-0-46561400-1455626584_thumb.jpeg

We left Quality Inn on Saturday. Pretty late start for lots of people because of the weather. What time did you hit the trails at? About 9:30am for us and we were some of the first that left quality

must have just missed you......we were in at Kenogami for Sunday Brunch as well. It was incredible!

It was around 1030 when we left, it was a bugger to get the sleds started in that bitter cold, we were at Kenogami around 1-130, nice place I'd go back again for sure. The rail line trail from elk lake back was amazing, the clubs have done a great job.

We left Quality Inn on Saturday. Pretty late start for lots of people because of the weather. What time did you hit the trails at? About 9:30am for us and we were some of the first that left quality

must have just missed you......we were in at Kenogami for Sunday Brunch as well. It was incredible!

It was good to meet u John, we will be back up there again for sure, maybe u can meet up with us in Cochrane in March, I think Andre and Carol will be coming possibly as well.

It was great meeting up with you guys!! Always nice to put faces to names, hopefully we can do it again sometime. Nice pics btw

Cheers,

John

Our group did small loops on Saturday as it was bitter cold.

I see lots of people having trouble starting their sleds.

Lucky for us all of ours started.

From the Quality Inn we rode south on A. Then looped back north on 186 then across 185. This was a small loop but it was table top smooth. Hardly a track on it. Wow is all i can say.

On Sunday we took the A down to Timagami and back. Again this trail was almost perfect. Amazing scenery along what must be a fire road. It was wide and smooth. 

Thanks to the local clubs for a great time.

Would love to go back again.

It was great meeting up with you guys & gals for lunch at the Kenogami Bridge Inn.  I have more testing (personal and Carole's battery) to complete before I can commit to any riding in Cochrane but I'm grateful for the invite.  The -39C may have been enough to kill her four year old battery but my 8 year old one still works fine, go figure!

We checked into the Holiday inn New liskeard sat night with Chandos Rob and Jill, also had Scott and his wife join us, the hotel is amazing clean rooms and very big. Sunday morning rode towards Kirkland lake and met Ultrafrozen and Carol, while on route we met up with Mr85gt as he caught up to us on the trail, went to the Kenogami inn for a delicious Sunday brunch then took off back to NL, Monday morning we did a nice loop around NL and explored some local trails. Another great weekend in the books, next up is Quebec this Sunday for a week with Extreme 600 and I believe Zolo will join us for a couple of days.

Looks good, thanks for sharing Nunz..

How do you get into the Kenogami Bridge Inn from the trail?

Ultrafrozen took us there, You take the A trail then at 568 go left and down the side of the road to it, was only about 2 minutes from when we left the A trail.

Ultrafrozen took us there, You take the A trail then at 568 go left and down the side of the road to it, was only about 2 minutes from when we left the A trail.

Yup, you can see it on the ITG just south of where A110Q meets the A trail west of KL.  Once on Hwy 11, go north to the Kenogami Bridge Inn or south to the Kenogami Kitchen (Esso on ITG but no gas now).  The Bridge has a fuller menu, Kenogami Kitchen is run by the lady that used to operate the Butler Lake Truck Stop I think so good butter tarts.

Thanks Nunz and Ultrafrozen. We are heading to New liskeard Thursday, riding to Cochrane on Friday via the Elk lake side, then returing to New Liskeard on Saturday on the Kirkland lake side. I am thinking no problems with getting to Macpherson's for gas, then Matheson, and on to Cochrane?.. Will do a report with LOTS of pics once were home..

Is it hard to get down to the Kenogami Bridge Inn from the A trail?..

Thanks guys..

Thanks Nunz and Ultrafrozen. We are heading to New liskeard Thursday, riding to Cochrane on Friday via the Elk lake side, then returing to New Liskeard on Saturday on the Kirkland lake side. I am thinking no problems with getting to Macpherson's for gas, then Matheson, and on to Cochrane?.. Will do a report with LOTS of pics once were home..

Is it hard to get down to the Kenogami Bridge Inn from the A trail?..

Thanks guys..

You can always top up in Earlton if you want. Just across the highway from the trail I believe. Have a great ride!

Elk Lake has gas I'm told (regular only & diesel).  If you pull off the A trail onto A107C (go west) and cross Hwy 65 heading towards Gowganda, you will be in the Moosehorn Motel's back yard and can see the 24/7 unmanned gas station nearby.  Eco Resource Center has premium gas when staff is there.

Archived