Mica mine near Mattawa

brucebob

Yup, neat stop and fun to walk around. 

Pretty easy to spot too.

I was there last year, fairly easy to spot. Spent about 45 mins walking through all of the tunnels, really fun to explore.

Easy to find, if proceeding at posted speed. Look for a wider than normal clearing. Some large signs as you head eastbound (advertising Mattawa businesses). It's on you're left as you head towards Mattawa.

Bring a flashlight!

And be careful inside. It's slippery. I actually wear my helmet in. Why not. Glare ice. Keep your gloves on as well, lol. 

Has anyone been to the mica mine on A112A .

Is it easy to find?

I might be riding that area, if conditions are still favorable.

It is very well signed as it happens to be the boundary between the North Bay Snowmobilers Club and the Mattawa Area Snowmobile Club. Our respective groomers turn there.

How are conditions out this way. Did the rain kill it?

Been there on the sled and on the side-by-side this past fall, neat spot to see.

Been there on the sled and on the side-by-side this past fall, neat spot to see.

on the mattawa fall rally ?

Easy to find, if proceeding at posted speed. Look for a wider than normal clearing. Some large signs as you head eastbound (advertising Mattawa businesses). It's on you're left as you head towards Mattawa.

Bring a flashlight!

And be careful inside. It's slippery. I actually wear my helmet in. Why not. Glare ice. Keep your gloves on as well, lol. 

Definitely want a bright light to see!  Better in August when you're looking to cool down from the heat, stays nice and cool all year round.

x2 for the slippery warning!

Archived