Must Read "So You Want to Sled the North—Part 1: Planning Your Trip"

The Groomer Guy

Hey Guys, I'm excited to share my latest creation, my new article.  This is one of my best ones, there's some funny parts in it that you guys will like and relate too.  "So You Want to Sled the North—Part 1: Planning Your Trip"  This article is for people that never been to the north for snowmobiling and for the first timer American thinking on coming up for a ride.    AS you guys know I do not sugar coat things,  I say it like it is and that why people trust my reports all those years.  I like humor, having fun, I like telling story the unconventional way.... I don't want to sound like other articles, magazines.....   I just want to be me, like every regular Joe Snowmobiler, I try to add my own twist to stories,   I hope you guys enjoy my articles and that you guys share them with others. 

Click on the link to go to the article.

http://goo.gl/CzXETz

Fixed the link  it's working now.  :)

here is Part 2  (Updated on feb 09 2016)

http://goo.gl/RyucDW

Link doesn't work on my computer Luc...

Mine either.

Link doesn't work on my computer Luc...

Same here Luc... by the way. I always enjoy your articles and forum posts. You are indeed one of the best ambassadors of this sport that there is if not the best

Same here Luc... by the way. I always enjoy your articles and forum posts. You are indeed one of the best ambassadors of this sport that there is if not the best

Thanks o2Sled  :)    I like getting feedback from you guys..... People say they like my articles but they don't comment much.  lol

Fixed it... sorry guys

another excellent article Luc

Nice site Luc.  I just glanced through it and I'm going to try to plan a stay at the Magpie Relay.  We'll be through at the end of this month.

Careful Luc - last time I tried that, someone questioned my mental health... :-)

Links works now - good article!.

Well?

Very good article, makes me want to come up and ride there now!!

Good stuff Luc!! As always thanks for everything you do.

Luc, great article! The information is excellent. I have ridden in the north for 20 years and still remember the first -35C days, we were not "quite" prepared. No handlebar muffs = cold hands, no electric visors= fogging and so on. Keep up the great work and hopefully we'll say hello in February when in Duberville.

great article Luc. Gives lots of good info for someone not knowing what to expect in Northern Ont. Headed visors and handmuffs sure make a difference riding in -30 C for a week. Many times we have had to stop in communities to purchase stuff for ppl who were just unprepared.

RR

Great article, Luc. The links to Jeff McGirr's article, etc. were helpful.

One of our early surprises in "the north" was limited cell phone use (to continue your Oz thread...this ain't Hwy 11 Muskoka).

The other one, as mentioned, was book ahead. Hockey tournaments pre-book many rooms.

Keep spreadin' the word ....

great article Luc. Gives lots of good info for someone not knowing what to expect in Northern Ont. Headed visors and handmuffs sure make a difference riding in -30 C for a week. Many times we have had to stop in communities to purchase stuff for ppl who were just unprepared.

RR

Yes I've seen it too and was riding with people we had to stop and buy better gear as they where not prepared. Part 2 of my article coming out next week.

Great article, Luc. The links to Jeff McGirr's article, etc. were helpful.

One of our early surprises in "the north" was limited cell phone use (to continue your Oz thread...this ain't Hwy 11 Muskoka).

The other one, as mentioned, was book ahead. Hockey tournaments pre-book many rooms.

Keep spreadin' the word ....

Hopefully folks do not trust the cell phone companies online coverage maps as they tend to embellish true reception

Archived