Blizzard conditions in U.S. Coming your way?

Shivesy

So what's the near forecast for you folks in Norhern Ontario? Do you think this snow storm here in the U.S. is gonna get to you guys? I hope so cause I'm planing on heading up there towards the end of Feb. As we all know this winter has been a little disappointing. I hope you guys get a good amount of snow with this storm. Wishing you good luck!

Weather network has been saying the area around Sudbury and North Bay are going to get the snow. North looks like they will get missed and the south/east is freezing rain turning to rain. But big cold front moving south in to the storm. If that cold front gets here earlier then they predict everyone could be digging out for days...

Next 24 hours are going to be intresting..

Lake effect snow second and third week in February.

Lakes aren't frozen - moisture to draw upon. Let it snow, let it snow.

I predict we're getting squat .... that way if we get any snow it'll be a bonus!!!

snowing good here in port sydney

Nothing here yet.

Hoping to get enough snow before it rains to move the sled from the garage to the trailer. +8 and rain tomorrow they say.

I'm really beginning to understand what it feels like to live in southern Ontario.

freezing rain in Barrie

Why is Toronto pink?

How sad it is to be watching the blizzard aftermath on TV 'Stateside, and looking out at a rainstorm caused by the same system, here in the supposedly Great White North.

Ottawa got ~1cm of snow before the rain started.

Why is Toronto pink?

It's freezing rain..

I saw it as 'ice' on another weather site - but freezing rain makes sense. Thanks.

Wow we got a whole inch of snow, big storm??

Wind is from the south-west down here in Toronto. That usually bodes well for streamers off Georgian Bay, if I recall. 

Sorry to learn that, CC (warm weather from the south is a given - been watching it arrive in Ontario since Hurricane Katrina. Prevailing northwest wind is gone down here).

Sorry to learn that, CC (warm weather from the south is a given - been watching it arrive in Ontario since Hurricane Katrina. Prevailing northwest wind is gone down here).

I don't think much of it either.I am still cleaning up my property from the tornado of Sept./2014

Howdy neighbour. Are you on Six Mile Lake, lol.

Yukon (from this forum), Ms. V. and Brian came over to my cottage and assisted in the digging out. Thanks again.

Archived