Worst Season ever. Heads up Dubreuilville Area.

The Groomer Guy

Hey Guys, Just to give you guys a heads up for any forum members coming to my area. Dubreuilville Alouettes Snow mobile club. This is the worst I have seen it for the last 20 years. We are having a hell of a time to open up trails. We had a warm fall so the brush had longer to grow and grow they did, the brush is bad, we did not know... we got the surprise, many areas of our trail you can only get too in the winter as there is swamp, soft section, creeks. We have a stupid logging company plowing a road bare and not giving a crap about us..... We had big rain in the last few years and our alternate route for the D108A has about 14 washouts to fill in. on of them is so massive you can fit the whole groomer in it and cover it with snow and the hole would still not be filled. We are doing our best to fix this situation and we ask everyone to be patient and please do not judge our trail system by what you see this year.... it is so stressful, I'm loosing sleep over this... seems we can't win and there is allways something .... plus the groomer keeps on breaking down.

Luc

Not your fault Luc. Mother Nature is in charge.

Do what you can Luc, don't worry about the rest.

Luc,

We all know that you pour your heart and soul into the trails.  This is a banner crap year and we should all know that that it is not the fault of Volunteers, Clubs, OFSC etc.

Try not to take responsibility for Mother's Nature.  She's a crap shoot at times.  

Now go get some sleep  :hug:

Thanks for tryin' Luc.

We had 2 great winters ... life is about averages.

Hope all is well otherwise.

Luc,

You always do a fantastic job on your trails and we are all thankful for you hard work and dedication.

How did the club make out with permit sales. I rode your trails last March and they were perfect! We were one of the only few still riding during the week. Really enjoyed the distance marker thing as you approach town. That is neat. If things improve hope to be up riding at end of Feb!

Just do what you can, Luc.  Don't sweat it.  We all understand!

Thanks for your dedication!

It is a brutal year for everyone. Keep your chin up

x2! I have a bad feeling once March comes it is going to end quick every where too.

Luc, we just came from Hearst to wawa and the West side of the 100 miles loop was the best trail cwe had. Saw you out with the groomer yesterday morning as we were going north. I waved but was following and my buddy didn't see you or I would have stopped to say hi and thanks for all your hard work. Shitty year but your doing a bit job with what you have. We couldn't believe the improvement you made on that trail since yesterday mornings. Truly thank you. We really enjoy your trails

Thanks for the hard work Luc! You do all that you can.

Re logging: Is it Crown Land? Who is entitled to its use? Don't we all as permit holders have an equal right to the use? Gowganda is having the same issue.

Archived