Be careful out there. Death in Almaguin Wed afternoon.

Blake G

Almaguin Highlands OPP are investigating a fatal crash which occurred at 2:16 p.m. Wednesday involving a snowmobile on an Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs trail near River Road in Joly Township.

OPP say the snowmobile drove onto the soft snow along the edge of the trail and vaulted off a mound of snow and into several trees.

Brian Bradley, 55, of Machar Township succumbed to his injuries at the scene.

A technical traffic collision investigator determined that speed was a factor. A post-mortem has been scheduled.

The investigation is continuing,

http://www.nugget.ca/2016/01/28/snowmobile-rider-killed-in-crash?utm_source=addThis&utm_medium=addthis_button_facebook&utm_campaign=Snowmobile+rider+killed+in+crash+%7C+North+Bay+Nugget#.Vqpg6VjS26U.facebook

Very sad!  Condolences to family and friends!  Can happen all to fast :-(

condolences to family & friends.often think when rippin down railbeds,or any trail.what if something caught your ski...etc...only 6" or bigger posts(trees)to stop or slow you down..terrible something so fun could end so quickly...

Very sad for sure, my condolences to the family.

could be any of us...  RIP

could be any of us... RIP

So true! Especially with the current conditions. I bet sliding thru corners is a problem right now for on coming traffic.

Brian was the husband of one of my friends sister.  Shocking news for everyone.  They are devastated. Although I never met him, it is particularly sad when it happens to people you know.

To many folks chomping at the bit to get out and ride. People need to geardown in these limited conditions. Be alert and expect the unexpected.

To many early season fatalities...

Very sad that another life has been lost...

Very sad. Drifted trails are very common in the south along open field fence and tree lines. Not just off to the sides but across the entire trail. When it gets cloudy out and you add a little blowing snow into the mix, the snow turns grey and they become invisible even when they're 3' + high.

Condolences go out to family and friends.

So sad to hear this. Can't image the greif the family must be dealling with. My condolences.

Hope it's the last for this year.!

Archived