Feb 3-6 2016 Northern Corridor Du Nord Ride

Turbo Doo

Your turn to hang around and guard the fort.

Lol, funny guy !  Glad you managed to hang around and ride with us for the morning right to the Marina.  You DID miss Nunz whipping the piss out of Amendola2001 on the lake though ....   :D

Epic adventure with a fantastic group of Sledders. I am not ready to leave. Trails are awesome. A other big thanks to Dennis and Doris for being amazing hosts for dinner tonight and inviting all is crazy OCer's over for a night cap. Had a blast and hope to ride another OCer group ride soon :)

You're so very welcome !!  Very happy to have you over !!!  And btw your wife owes me a hug for the "package" ... ;-)

Never EVER expected to have over a dozen OCer's at my house at once (not even counting ourselves), but alas, it was a totally awesome experience !!!  What a great group of people, VERY polite and respectful, every one of them !!!  Couldn't have gone better !!!  So happy to have had you all over, it gave me a chance to talk to each and every one of you at least a bit.  Happy to chew the fat with WD, Bill the Magician, Carter, Nunz, amendola2001, Irreverant (Mr and Mrs), Nunzette, Sledjunk, Mike37, Fire242, AC+YA (who made a guest appearance, getting into Hearst just before supper).  

Missed Blake and Emily though, sure would have enjoyed having you over for a burger ... got too much leftovers 'cause you didn't come .... lol !   And Lily got to play with Marie-Josée some more ... What a great evening !!!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy. Whipping ass not fair. I had no hook up on the lake in the deeper stuff !!! Skidoo trader! Dug a trench over a foot. Lmao. I whipped him on the trial! But snow dust was on my side lol ! It was fun either way. Untill next time. Once I get traction good luck. I will be working on that soon. Lol. Thought you were my friend Dennis pfft. Lmao.

Got home and thinking about the weekend and just wanted to say thank you to all of you that made the trip up North, Thank you to Denis and Doris and family for hosting us, Thanks to all the clubs for the amazing trails we rode on. It was certainly a weekend to be remembered and I look forward to the next one. Again thanks!!

Got home and thinking about the weekend and just wanted to say thank you to all of you that made the trip up North, Thank you to Denis and Doris and family for hosting us, Thanks to all the clubs for the amazing trails we rode on. It was certainly a weekend to be remembered and I look forward to the next one. Again thanks!!

Totally our pleasure, got to meet you and Nunzette and a whole bunch of other awesome peoples .... :D

Maybe make the BBQ thing an annual deal ....

Yesterday was departure day from Hearst for Emily and me.
Gased up the truck at the Husky and bought Emily some nice stuffed animals.

post-22473-0-54223900-1454978018_thumb.jpg

Back to the Companion for final breakfast.
Here's the hardcore OC table getting ready to head to Dubreuilville: WD, Carter, AC/YA, Page, Lily, Bill.
Rest of the group are hiding around the corner, planning a less ambitious route.
post-22473-0-62593500-1454977047_thumb.jpg

On the way home I dropped in to the Moonbeam Clubhouse by truck, not sled.
post-22473-0-04360700-1454977069_thumb.jpg

Signed the guest book but couldn't find the OC names from the day before

(Detentions for WD, Lily, Bill, Carter, Fire242, IQ Turbo, Frank).
post-22473-0-30437600-1454977132_thumb.jpg

Met Leon. Very nice gentleman.
post-22473-0-12304900-1454977158_thumb.jpg

Got four helpings of what I came for, and hit the road.
post-22473-0-81800500-1454977177_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the update Blake. Nice shirt and hat on Bill!

X 2, Nunz...we had a great time, both on the trails and in between rides. Denis007 & Doris26 showed us great Hearst hospitality, opening their home to our OC horde for the Saturday night BBQ...lots of fun...and lots of BS flying around... :-D

And I must also mention that a special thanks goes out to the president of the snowmobile club in Hearst (although I didn't get his name at the time, Denis helped me determine afterwards that it is Serge Pominville.)   A big shout-out goes to Serge for helping us out trail-side (right beside Hwy. 11 at the former Bambinos locale, where TOP A Trail crosses between Hearst and Hornepayne.)  We thought we had a low gas situation on my sled, so were trying (unsuccessfully) to siphon out of Mrs. irREVerent's sled, when Serge was driving by on the highway, saw us, and stopped to see if we needed help.  He didn't have any gas with him, but back-tracked 10 miles to pick some up, came back to deliver it to where we were waiting, and then refused to accept any money for either his trouble or the gas itself...now that's a true snowmobiler, and an awesome example for all of us to "pay it forward" when the opportunity presents itself.   Thank you, Serge!   :right_on:  :right_on:

Forgot to acknowledge SJ's unfortunate off-trail "adventure"...and we brought home some moose meat... 

X 2, Nunz...we had a great time, both on the trails and in between rides. Denis007 & Doris26 showed us great Hearst hospitality, opening their home to our OC horde for the Saturday night BBQ...lots of fun...and lots of BS flying around... :-D

And I must also mention that a special thanks goes out to the president of the snowmobile club in Hearst (although I didn't get his name at the time, Denis helped me determine afterwards that it is Serge Pominville.)   A big shout-out goes to Serge for helping us out trail-side (right beside Hwy. 11 at the former Bambinos locale, where TOP A Trail crosses between Hearst and Hornepayne.)  We thought we had a low gas situation on my sled, so were trying (unsuccessfully) to siphon out of Mrs. irREVerent's sled, when Serge was driving by on the highway, saw us, and stopped to see if we needed help.  He didn't have any gas with him, but back-tracked 10 miles to pick some up, came back to deliver it to where we were waiting, and then refused to accept any money for either his trouble or the gas itself...now that's a true snowmobiler, and an awesome example for all of us to "pay it forward" when the opportunity presents itself.   Thank you, Serge!   :right_on:  :right_on:

Wow! So rare these days to find people like Serge. Indeed remember to pay it forward by more people would make the world a better place.

Blake and gang - nice meeting some of you at the Companion Friday. Special thanks to IQ Turbo and The Dutchman (sorry if I missed anyone else who stopped) for stopping and helping me pull out my friend who missed a corner.  Looks like everyone had a great trip.  

Blake and gang - nice meeting some of you at the Companion Friday. Special thanks to IQ Turbo and The Dutchman (sorry if I missed anyone else who stopped) for stopping and helping me pull out my friend who missed a corner.  Looks like everyone had a great trip.  

No problem Ram. You guys were #5 for me. Flying Dutchman 1 time, SJ twice! Sorry SJ...The unfortunate kid and his gf, and then you guys. Just glad everybody was ok, and accounted for. Nice meeting you by the way..

Ram it was White Dragon with us also..

Wow! So rare these days to find people like Serge. Indeed remember to pay it forward by more people would make the world a better place.

Well in the North it's not... we are snowmobilers and lover all snowmobilers    it's the Northern way. :)

• 10 months later...

Just stumbled over this thread again, going through all the photos, remembering the great time that weekend was ... sure glad to have rode with you all last year.  Can't wait to get this season started ... :D 

I read all the posts it was definitely one of the highlights of last winter and a weekend that won't be soon forgotten.. 

Archived