Teviotdale

weapon02

Anyone else try to stage from the Teviotdale truck stop on Saturday.

We got there at 9:30 am and the place was jammed and the parade of trucks just kept coming.

People were parking all over the place.

We decided to park elsewhere.

Hope the owner of the truck stop wasn't po'd.

The parking lot was complete chaos.

Ya we went on Sunday. The guy was in the lot telling everyone to park accross the street. We were the 1st ones in that lot. Came back at the end of the day to what looked like 40+ trailers. So its safe to park there without an issue. Funny did not see lots of sleds in our travels though......Went up to Durham area and back around. Started out OK then got thin in the fields and bumpy in the woods. They need snow all around up there and today's weather is not good. I see some red coming up there with these temps.

We went west to Seaforth and back. Conditions were pretty good for limited status. Most often I at least purchase fuel and trail food n bev for parking there. Just a truck, no trailer

I stage there a lot. Mostly weekdays because on the weekends it's chaos. It was really nice out Saturday too so that would cause more congestion as well.

If you are going for a weekday ride in the next few weeks, once things improve maybe I can meet you there for breakfast or linch and get a ride in too. There food is always good and generous.

We were the first ones there Sat am at about 7:30,by the time we left about 3 ish we had to do some fancy maneuvering to get the hell out !

We got there around noon had to do some fancy maneuvering to get the hell in ! Cashier was pumped about fuel sales.

If you are going for a weekday ride in the next few weeks, once things improve maybe I can meet you there for breakfast or linch and get a ride in too. There food is always good and generous.

Sure. Mines at the dealer and they said they're about a week and a half behind. Good time to be there because trails are shutting down to save what's there anyhow. Need more snow. They have great food all the time and friendly people.

That's another thing. It's a busy spot so there is never old watery fuel in the tanks. I like it because its kind of a center starting point to go any direction for some good loops in D9/D5 and get in 100-200 miles a day easy and still be close to home for the drive back. I like the Burford/Simcoe/Turkey Point area when they have the snow too. I still have yet to ride the west side of Kitchener area.

That's another thing. It's a busy spot so there is never old watery fuel in the tanks. I like it because its kind of a center starting point to go any direction for some good loops in D9/D5 and

get in 100-200 miles a day easy and still be

close to home for the drive back. I like the

Burford/Simcoe/Turkey Point area when they

have the snow too. I still have yet to ride the

west side of Kitchener area.

West side of Kitchener has very low snow this year. Usually it is great riding but haven't got a base going yet this year. I haven't even gotten one mile yet.

Archived