2016 Snowcrest Riders Pancake Brunch

2bsledding

Saturday January 30th, 2016 
Walkers Point Community Centre—Walker’s Point Rd.
$8.00 per person (all you can eat) Pancakes, Sausages, Hot and Cold Beverages. 
10 am. to 1 pm.

This is a VERY important fundraising social for Snowcrest Riders. Our volunteers are trying really hard to get C101D and trail 12 that leads to the Community Ctr, open for next weekend. In the event that we can't, we hope to have a great turn out of support by those who will arrive by car. Stay tuned, because it is looking promising at this point to have these trails at least limited if mother nature helps next week.

post-20831-0-62829900-1453507844_thumb.jpg

this will be my 3rd time,always lots of OCers

I think there is a good chance that our club will be able to open the trails from Muskoka Wharf (Gravenhurst) to the Pancake site at Walker's Point. No guarantee, but we've been working on it.

Having said that, I can't imagine that Trail 15 will be open to connect Orillia's 204 to Gravenhurst. Late freeze-up will delay 15's opening.

If people can see fit to trailer to Gravenhurst, and if we do indeed open C101D and 12, folks might be able to ride from town to Walker's Point and back, and then maybe up D toward Bracebridge for a little toot, as that section of D was opened limited on Thursday.

We need more winter weather.

As a last resort, diehard pancake eaters can always drive out from the wharf by road.

On Saturday, January 30th, the club will be meeting participants at the wharf around 930 ish one way or the other.

Keep us posted Blake. Hope we get lots of snow and cold soon. Global warming is a reality.

New York is getting hammered with snow and cold but it's heading out to Boston not our way.

Keep us posted Blake. Hope we get lots of snow and cold soon. Global warming is a reality.

New York is getting hammered with snow and cold but it's heading out to Boston not our way.

I'm not on the board or in any way involved in Snowcrest decision making....just keeping my ear to the ground.

I'm sure the club president - 2bsledding (Bob Clarke) - or another executive will keep us up to date....and I will continue to keep my ear to the ground and let you know whatever I know.

Boston always gets more snow then us! My sister lived there for two years. They get shut down several times a winter, when a metre of snow falls. No army help there either, lol! Poor T.O! Hope we get snow soon!

Viper700, are you making a valuable contribution to the topic of this thread?

LOL

It would be great to see you up this way next Saturday. Pancakes and sausage, and plenty of friendly company.

Also Mark your calendars for Snowcrest 2016 Poker Run

post-21072-0-08535700-1453614744_thumb.jpg

Viper700, are you making a valuable contribution to the topic of this thread?

LOL

It would be great to see you up this way next Saturday. Pancakes and sausage, and plenty of

friendly company.

I try to support as many clubs as I can. Will be up for the poker run, that looks like fun. Cheers!

We look forward to seeing you there on the stealth grand touring!

Hope you can make it. Everyone is welcome, especially OC'ers.

Apparently the club had nine volunteers with several sleds, the PistenBully, hot dogs, and a drone working on the pancake route today.

Doing everything possible, and waiting for some snow this week.

post-22473-0-41998300-1453697912_thumb.jpg

Apparently the club had nine volunteers with several sleds, the PistenBully, hot dogs, and a drone working on the pancake route today.

Doing everything possible, and waiting for some snow this week.

attachicon.gifpancake groomer.jpg

Hello Blake, not looking good for sledding to pancake breakfast on saturday. Wife can't get another saturday off, so we will be up saturday morning for some pancakes. See you then. I might trailer to Minden after breakfast for a ride, if they still have snow.

I put on my trail patrol vest and crawled along the route today. It's safe and doable at 10 kph. Not enough snow to open the trail in my opinion, unless we get a few inches over the next 36 hours. The fan Polaris was fine today but my Cats would have overheated.

I came back by way of secondary roads. Such a route would work if we got a dump of last minute snow. More likely to be driving by truck though.

Saw this sign in remembrance of the late OCer, Doonut.

post-22473-0-70422000-1454017961.jpg

Hello Blake, not looking good for sledding to pancake breakfast on saturday. Wife can't get another saturday off, so we will be up saturday morning for some pancakes. See you then. I might trailer to Minden after breakfast for a ride, if they still have snow.

I'll be there for 9am. Will pull my trailer then join Terry for a ride in Minden.

Hope to see WD and 02Sled there also.

Saw this sign in remembrance of the late OCER, Doonut.

2016-01-28 16.51.23.jpg

Awesome! He was a great guy that knew area really well.

I'll be there for 9am. Will pull my trailer then join Terry for a ride in Minden.

That's great, Ty.

9 might be too early if not sledding. The place opens at 10 and it is only a fifteen minute car ride. Snowcrest facebook post said something about meeting at 945. stay tuned.

I'll be there around 9:30. It's suppose to warm up again on the weekend, hopefully the trails are still available on saturday. See you then.

A lot of people will be going elsewhere tomorrow, to places with more snow. That's the smart move, if you want to do some sledding. 

Makes sense for locals to meet for pancakes, but if you're driving very far you might want to postpone your visit until our other events in a couple of weeks.

I haven't heard anything from the club regarding opening the trails, and we got only an inch of snow yesterday and overnight. Having seen the trails yesterday, I would recommend against opening a continuous route from Gravenhurst to Walker's Point. I will be driving from the Wharf by truck around 930 or 945.

We will hope for better conditions for the PET Ride and Poker Run in 2 weeks: February 13 and 14.

If you have your heart set on meeting for pancakes and sausages, then you are most welcome to join us tomorrow ! !

Saw this sign in remembrance of the late OCER, Doonut.

attachicon.gif2016-01-28 16.51.23.jpg

Doonut is missed around here. Lost too young.

Hi Blake and Terry

January 18th I had radiation seeds implanted in my left thigh. The staples are out and I'm healing. Couldn't stop me from riding :)

Today is my 10th Radiation session but creating new problems that started today. I'm bleeding.

Can't control other stuff.

The hormone treatment is causing hot flushes constantly. I am on prescription drugs to control it starting today.

Blake is right. .. I should wait for better conditions to ride that will not jerk my insides too much.

I am grateful that I got in one ride however with a great bunch of people and made new acquaintances.

I will ride again soon I hope but need to rest for now.

Cheers guys and have fun.

Ty

Ty that sounds like the right call for now.

You are going through some physical hell, by the sounds of things.

Trails everywhere can only improve over the next few weeks. Smoother and better, hopefully with some lakes available.

A lot of people will be going elsewhere tomorrow, to places with more snow. That's the smart move, if you want to do some sledding. 

Makes sense for locals to meet for pancakes, but if you're driving very far you might want to postpone your visit until our other events in a couple of weeks.

I haven't heard anything from the club regarding opening the trails, and we got only an inch of snow yesterday and overnight. Having seen the trails yesterday, I would recommend against opening a continuous route from Gravenhurst to Walker's Point. I will be driving from the Wharf by truck around 930 or 945.

We will hope for better conditions for the PET Ride and Poker Run in 2 weeks: February 13 and 14.

If you have your heart set on meeting for pancakes and sausages, then you are most welcome to join us tomorrow ! !

Some more Snowcrest trails checked out this morning and are now LTD on the Interactive guide. 

Hang in there Ty. Not an ideal weekend for riding anyhow. Save yourself for some better conditions and get well soon.

Archived