Parry Sound Area Trails

Thanks to the small number of volunteers that do so much to provide the trails that so many enjoy. This weekend is in all likelihood my last for the season and many others as well with the warm weather coming. I couldn't have asked for better conditions. Perfectly groomed smooth trails almost everywhere I went. What more can you ask for especially considering what mother nature has or hasn't done for us this season.

Sure glad I got to the PetroCan lot at the Sequin early. When I came back it was absolutely jammed with a few trailers unhitched so they could find space to park. Headed east on prime conditions and made a quick detour into the Orrville Bakery. I wish my sled had more storage. Continued east to C101 and then north as far as 803. Still more great riding. At 803 turned around to head back to the Sequin and C101 intersection for the SSSC bbq. It seems they were running late due to technical difficulties. They were just unloading as I got there. I had skipped breakfast in anticipation. Had a butter tart from my stash while I waited.

After lunch west on the Sequin and even with the heavy traffic with large groups of riders it was still in really great shape. Came across the OPP who looked at the sled, saw the trail permit and the val tag, asked do you have your ownership, insurance and license. I said yes. Went to open the jacket to get it out and they said that's okay have a great day. Took a turn south on 201 and still great conditions. Quick stop at Memories of Muskoka for a drink and onto C trail to head back north to the Seguin. Surprise, more great condition trails.

In short the club(s) hit a home run for the likely end of the season. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU VOLUNTEERS!!!!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad that you enjoyed your trip and the trails! Sorry for being late but $hit happens. Thanks for taking some of your riding time to stay and have a dog or two and to support the club. It turned out better than we thought. More of those to come for next season thats for sure!

Thanks to the small number of volunteers that do so much to provide the trails that so many enjoy. This weekend is in all likelihood my last for the season and many others as well with the warm weather coming. I couldn't have asked for better conditions. Perfectly groomed smooth trails almost everywhere I went. What more can you ask for especially considering what mother nature has or hasn't done for us this season.

Sure glad I got to the PetroCan lot at the Sequin early. When I came back it was absolutely jammed with a few trailers unhitched so they could find space to park. Headed east on prime conditions and made a quick detour into the Orrville Bakery. I wish my sled had more storage. Continued east to C101 and then north as far as 803. Still more great riding. At 803 turned around to head back to the Sequin and C101 intersection for the SSSC bbq. It seems they were running late due to technical difficulties. They were just unloading as I got there. I had skipped breakfast in anticipation. Had a butter tart from my stash while I waited.

After lunch west on the Sequin and even with the heavy traffic with large groups of riders it was still in really great shape. Came across the OPP who looked at the sled, saw the trail permit and the val tag, asked do you have your ownership, insurance and license. I said yes. Went to open the jacket to get it out and they said that's okay have a great day. Took a turn south on 201 and still great conditions. Quick stop at Memories of Muskoka for a drink and onto C trail to head back north to the Seguin. Surprise, more great condition trails.

In short the club(s) hit a home run for the likely end of the season. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU VOLUNTEERS!!!!!

Completely agreed, job was done perfect on trails, really appreciate it. I won't able to ride on Saturday, so we schedule our trip on Sunday, started a little bit late 8am from Humphrey up on 201, trail was virgin I was first rider, follow Seguin trail up to Kearney assume, visited falls on 301 had a lunch in Suds on main in Kearney and come back to Humphrey at 4pm, 230km Assume day. 

Thank's everybody who put so much affort to keep trails perfect. 

• 1 year later...

Due that heavy snow and low temperature, any updates of condition Seguin trail and C trail close to Horseshoe lake. Thank's

Wouldn't that be something,can't remember last time I rode trails in our area over the xmass break.Temps. look promising

for the next week but not sure if ground would be ready for clubs to begin anything.I am sure they are also anxious to begin, definitely would give a good little boost to small businesses that rely on a good snowy and cold winter.

Im pretty sure the seguin was open last year from Bear lake to the west last year before xmas? 

Had some battery issues today in the prinoth. Hopefully will be going out tomorrow saturday to begin packing the seguin. KNOCK ON WOOD! 

1 hour ago, cravesledding said:

Great morning for grooming 

222.thumb.jpg.dfe8986cc0cc7a9b0c7de4fb2b708b02.jpg

Beautiful.... :)

Good to hear WB, lots of breaking trail this weekend. 

Thank's Bill for updates. Will hope low temperature will frieze wet spots.  

5 minutes ago, Wildbill said:

The one waterhole is really bad we are trying to figure out how to fix it really it needs material 

i have lots of sawdust/wood shavings if that would be of any assistance?  turns to concrete like when frozen...

Looking for any help or advice regarding the Bracebridge or Parry Sound area.  I have a hotel in Bracebridge booked for Jan 1-5 but I'm worried trails won't be open by then.  I'm looking at the trail maps and it looks like Parry Sound has some limited trail availability already.  Does the Super 8 Parry Sound have direct trail access?  What's the trails like in that area?

35 minutes ago, traNsplantEdneWFie said:

Looking for any help or advice regarding the Bracebridge or Parry Sound area.  I have a hotel in Bracebridge booked for Jan 1-5 but I'm worried trails won't be open by then.  I'm looking at the trail maps and it looks like Parry Sound has some limited trail availability already.  Does the Super 8 Parry Sound have direct trail access?  What's the trails like in that area?

C trail goes right throught it.  

18 hours ago, traNsplantEdneWFie said:

Parry Sound the trails on the east side of the hotel have some pretty steep long hills. Depending on how much or how little snow there is they may be a challenge. If you go out from the front of the hotel you can go under the 400 highway and the trails are likely better suited to low snow. How much they have or don't have I can't say. The last time we stayed there the restaurant wasn't open which they neglected to tell us.

For sledding it was a good place to start and end a day at. Our room faced onto a snow covered "courtyard". The sleds were parked at the door. The place was fully booked. At first we thought the remote for the TV needed batteries but maintenance was gone for the day. They would be by in the morning. Turned out it was the TV itself and there wasn't anything they could do over the weekend.

On 25/12/2017 at 4:04 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

C trail goes right throught it.  

I'm not sure trails will be by your dates may be better to rebook your reservation 

29 minutes ago, andreyboater said:

I'm not sure trails will be by your dates may be better to rebook your reservation 

My cottage is in Seguin.  Was just responding to trail access, C is open limited to the Super 8, hopefully c-alt open limited so I can ride from my door.:cheers:

On 12/25/2017 at 2:32 PM, traNsplantEdneWFie said:

The club is working at it for sure 

On 25/12/2017 at 2:32 PM, traNsplantEdneWFie said:

I know the clubs over that way are working hard with what they have to work with but if I was a betting man id change your reservation towards ps area instead as at least the seguin (C103D) should still be open and in better shape by then as well as other trails in the area might be opening up given more snow and cold which it looks like we will be getting all this week. Also havent heard the greatest reviews about the super 8 especially just recently. I would recommend Grand Tappattoo resort they have good accommodations and I know the food is great there as well the owner supports the sport! Its located just off trail 211 which is off C-ALT. The 211 is mostly staked lake trail but they are smaller lakes as the last check was last week and had 6" of solid ice and with the deep freeze coming up it will only get better and might open that trail up by the time you are wanting. Other decent accommodations and food is the log cabin inn located off trail 209. 

I know im probably biased as being from the area but just giving my best two cents to what i know personally and i know the bracebridge gravenhurst areas have a bit more rocky swampy areas which they need more snow and cold to open them up. We also have similar terrain but not to the same extent. Hope this helps. Also welcome to the forum. 

9 hours ago, SuperG said:

I know the clubs over that way are working hard with what they have to work with but if I was a betting man id change your reservation towards ps area instead as at least the seguin (C103D) should still be open and in better shape by then as well as other trails in the area might be opening up given more snow and cold which it looks like we will be getting all this week. Also havent heard the greatest reviews about the super 8 especially just recently. I would recommend Grand Tappattoo resort they have good accommodations and I know the food is great there as well the owner supports the sport! Its located just off trail 211 which is off C-ALT. The 211 is mostly staked lake trail but they are smaller lakes as the last check was last week and had 6" of solid ice and with the deep freeze coming up it will only get better and might open that trail up by the time you are wanting. Other decent accommodations and food is the log cabin inn located off trail 209. 

I know im probably biased as being from the area but just giving my best two cents to what i know personally and i know the bracebridge gravenhurst areas have a bit more rocky swampy areas which they need more snow and cold to open them up. We also have similar terrain but not to the same extent. Hope this helps. Also welcome to the forum. 

Thanks for the info.  I'm so torn on what to do.  This is our first trip and I want it to be a memorable one for the whole family.  We have a dog too, so it has to be a pet friendly hotel.  I just talked to Super 8 in Parry Sound and they said a few people were on the trail yesterday but limited availability.

Archived