Best way to get to a trail

Bill D

Hi all I am living on 118 about 2 km east of 11. I am wondering best way to get to trails . I would rather not have to trailer just go from home. Any help on this would be great

Thanks in advance

Bill

You are in a difficult spot. Trail 5 use to run from the intersection of Germania Road/Peterson Road/Reay Road in a northwest direction up to Hiway 118 then along the north ditch to South Muskoka Falls Road then north to the falls. At that point it intersected with Trail 44, which still exists. Unfortunately Trail 5 has been cut off for the past few years, as you can see on the ITG.

I don't know if it would still be possible to use the old trail along the Highway road allowance, but some of the signs are still in place. I wouldn't advise running along the shoulder of the Highway as it would be illegal and dangerous as far as I know.

Snowcrest has not totally given up on trying to reopen Trail 5, but I would not count on it happening.

you will have to go west on the side of 118 back to muskoka falls rd ,go by the school and come out under the hwy 11 bridge and that is the end of trail 44 , not open but sleds have been in there and you will come out by scandura and that will be d-trail , nothing around there is listed as open yet though 

Can I ride the side of 118? Legally? That's what I thought . Thanks for you info

Can I ride the side of 118? Legally? That's what I thought . Thanks for you info

You can legally cross highway 118 but you cannot legally drive along the pavement or the plowed shoulder.

I would not want to speculate about whether or not you would get caught if you chose to disobey the bylaw.

I don't know what the common practice has been by snowmobilers living near you.

post-22473-0-38708100-1453387650_thumb.jpg

98-5 - restrict snowmobiles on District Roads No. 117, 118 and 169 (amended by B_L's 99-7, 2005-10, 2006-29).pdf

Well that sucks lol. Oh well I will try to see what others do

Thanks

Well that sucks lol. Oh well I will try to see what others do

Thanks

Good idea, I remember about 2 years ago looking at a house in that area but was concerned about the lack of trail access, there was quite a few tracks in the ditches and one section of hydro line but wasn't sure where it went to so we passed on the house for that reason.

Hope you are able to find a solution to getting on the trail somehow.

Nunz

Trailer? :) :)

Leave the sled at the trail head with a tow rope attached. No one will touch it then. Hope you find a way to get to the trail safely.

Archived