Holy Crap

Wildbill

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Valve spring broke in the middle of it . Very expensive shame .

Any idea why valve spring broke? Hopefully sitting during the off season, wasn't the culprit. Fairly low hours for a diesel. Hopefully it gets fixed.

murphy's law if something is to go wrong , it will when you need it the most

What do you think, when it can be fixed and start grooming a trails.

I'm sure they have other machines capable of taking up the slack for this one down. Not all are being used right now I"d guess. It'll be fine. Just sucks for the club this happens right out of the gate. Bad luck.

Well, in a couple of years there will be no more 'extra' groomers sitting around.  Major breakdown could mean major wait to groom, until it gets fixed.

Wait to groom? What? More on the Snow does not cover float charges to get another groomer to the area. 

Wait to groom? What? More on the Snow does not cover float charges to get another groomer to the area. 

So which of the already almost steady use groomers are you going to take out of commission to move it around to another area. I would like to think that the already heavily used adjacent groomers would all just become a little more heavily used and they all pitch in to cover the shortfall.

I got a chuckle on this one!..

All of my equipment is started and run up to full operating temp, on a regular basis. Not good to let engines sit. Been lucky and never lost an engine. It does make a difference.

Unfortunately most of all OEM springs for every application are mfg overseas,heat treating and annealing process is just a little bit off,along

with low grade cocktail mixer of metals.

Unfortunately most of all OEM springs for every application are mfg overseas,heat treating and annealing process is just a little bit off,along

with low grade cocktail mixer of metals.

Not impressed with the Mercedes engine. Iwould prefer a Cat,Perkins or better a Cummins anyday 

A valve spring is not a big job, Unless the valve made contact with the piston.

Then it gets expensive. 

I agree, why are they buying groomers with a Mercedes engine,  Parts availability/cost, shop rates and reliability should be reasons to spend more for a Cummings.

All of my equipment is started and run up to full operating temp, on a regular basis. Not good to let engines sit. Been lucky and never lost an engine. It does make a difference.

We do the same monthly for our diesel generators at work. Toromont Cat tells me for the size we have they need to run when not under load for two hours to get to op temp and avoid wet stack

Then it gets expensive. 

I agree, why are they buying groomers with a Mercedes engine,  Parts availability/cost, shop rates and reliability should be reasons to spend more for a Cummings

Apology as I replied to wrong posting

Then it gets expensive. 

I agree, why are they buying groomers with a Mercedes engine,  Parts availability/cost, shop rates and reliability should be reasons to spend more for a Cummings.

You cannot spec a cummins unfortunately

Could it be that the particular groomer they have was only available with a Mercedes engine? Of course being an expert on groomers and everything else IYOM you would have known that. By the way it s Cummins with no g

Oh I know it the only twin track groomers that are available to my knowledge are Prinoth and Piston Bully . Both use Mercedes engines. We have run Caterpillar,cummins and perkins all without any problems,first Mercedes that we have had and not impressed . Have to say that the dealer is beyond excellent. 

Not impressed with the Mercedes engine. Iwould prefer a Cat,Perkins or better a Cummins anyday 

You can eliminate 2 of the three on your list. Cummins is your best choice by far. Except when it come to warrantee! Then they can go suck a lollipop!

You cannot spec a cummins unfortunately

Oh I know it the only twin track groomers that are available to my knowledge are Prinoth and Piston Bully . Both use Mercedes engines. We have run Caterpillar,cummins and perkins all without any problems,first Mercedes that we have had and not impressed . Have to say that the dealer is beyond excellent. 

LOL!!!!!

Would you guys purchase another Tucker SnoCat?

Ours has been very expensive, primarily frame issues and track problems including wheels and belts.

Engine has been solid though.

Perhaps . But really would like a brand new BR180or a LMC Bearcat 

Hey wb how's the area coming along with this cold weather? Clubs packing or waiting on other trails besides the seguin? Been quiet that way..I know they double up on packing and takes longer. Just curious. Thanks

Archived