B110- Markdale to Owen Sound- yellow

Faceman

Gone limited again. I vision some major packing efforts going on this week. Sauble is packing

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snowing like crazy west of new hamburg. All roads in Huron county are closed apparently. Some area's could see 40 cm's or more. Ground isn't frozen, so can't see trails open this week.

Is there a place to park truck and trailer in Markdale? Like a staging area. Might get out and run this section into Owen Sound on Saturday!

Markdale is part of the Municipality of Grey Highlands. The municipal office is first building on the left coming north on 10into Markdale. They have a good sized parking lot and I'm pretty sure the municipal office isn't open Saturday. There is a feeder trail from the railbed that comes in right on the south side of the parking lot. It goes to the fuel and food across the street.

Looks like the railbed is open all the way down to Dundalk if you didn't want to drive as far.

Dundalk Community Center?? for parking?? Not sure

Last time I went thru everyone was parked at Tim hortons and petrocanada.

Is there a place to park truck and trailer in Markdale? Like a staging area. Might get out and run this section into Owen Sound on Saturday!

Go west in markdale on main street 1/2 km just before the trail on s/e corner big parking lot cant miss it

That is the old Chapmans lot. It wasn't cleared this week, don't know what is up..will try and find out

Thanks faceman, any other ideas on a place to park, maybe towards Dundalk as PLC stated?  Thanks guys for all the help..

what time you heading out?

The Markdale tractor dealer which is now closed is where I have gone in the past

774808 10 Hwy, Markdale, ON N0C 1H0

Thinking about riding this Saturday, any updates on its condition would be greatly appreciated!!

Any new info thanks dooal

thanks .going to give it a try

Gonna giver a whirl tomorrow too,haven't heard anything back from others that were headed out today,,so either they r still out having fun or it went wrong and caught in the

current??

Gonna giver a whirl tomorrow too,haven't heard anything back from others that were headed out today,,so either they r still out having fun or it went wrong and caught in the

current??

Can't have that much fun riding up and down a rail line , I live like 15 minutes from the line but until some side trails open I'm staying parked . Once you go up and back then what do it again .

It was pretty good .From markdale to owen sound was better than markdale to dundalk .Yes its a rail trail but its still sledding :D .

It was pretty good .From markdale to owen sound was better than markdale to dundalk .Yes its a rail trail but its still sledding :D .

Thanks for the update...heading up tomorrow!! I think they're getting a bit more snow tonight which shouldn't hurt.

Thanks for the update...heading up tomorrow!! I think they're getting a bit more snow tonight which shouldn't hurt.

yes,thx for the update,,.we headed up soon too!

Archived