New funny Story/Article!!!! Check it out guys

The Groomer Guy

Hey guys, I got a new one out on the What a Ride 24/7 website, check it out as I got some good stuff from grooming over 20 years out on the trails.  let's me know what you guys think. 

Also please share as there is some great information for snowmobilers and groomer operators want you to know.

Click on the link below.

http://goo.gl/5la2PC

excellent advice luc,hard to believe some sledders act like they do.thx for posting

Excellent article, Luc!  Well done!

Well done Luc. 

Good read!!!  Thanks for sharing, some of you stories.  I hear you about those piles on the trails around my area where i ride from there are a lot of them its mostly  groups of kids /teenagers  who are doing it as I've seen it first hand many many times.  What it comes down to is lack of respect for anything really trail condition,other sledders and these are the type who are constantly on the wrong side of the trail as well.

Good read!!!  Thanks for sharing, some of you stories.  I hear you about those piles on the trails around my area where i ride from there are a lot of them its mostly  groups of kids /teenagers  who are doing it as I've seen it first hand many many times.  What it comes down to is lack of respect for anything really trail condition,other sledders and these are the type who are constantly on the wrong side of the trail as well.

Thank you,  I have many more..... Once I start writing it all comes out.... I should write down every thing that happens in a note book for future references.

Great article.  As a volunteer groomer down in Michigan we run into yahoos all the time.  I sent it to all of our groomers in our club. Might as well, can't do much of anything else without snow...    

Great article.  As a volunteer groomer down in Michigan we run into yahoos all the time.  I sent it to all of our groomers in our club. Might as well, can't do much of anything else without snow...    

Thank you.... there will be many sad groomer operators in the next 2 weeks...... we need snow. 

Great reading Luc, amazing some of the azzhats you guys meet out there on the trails...Sounds like we might be seeing you guys soon up there...

Great article, Luc.

The last story was troubling. Nobody should have to put up with that b.s.

Sledding should be mellow.

We're going to have to buy you some bumper stickers to 'express yourself'. LMV can't participate because his bumper stickers will not be mellow, lol. 

Hey Luc! I hope you don't mind but I would like to use this in the next Youth driver training session. I think its a great piece for safety and snowmobiling etiquette. 

Good Morning Luc

We have followed your reads for some time now Luc and Tess and I have learned a great deal from your writings and video's.

As a past volunteer, we've had our teeth kicked in too many times in the past to volunteer again, just plain ran out of gas. Not saying we won't get involved again as it's in our DNA but the time and place has to be right. We know and understand and so very much appreciate your efforts and all those that build and maintain the wonderful trails we get to enjoy.

To you in particular, we hope to get up there this year to personally meet you and ride your area, Tess and I and I'm sure many, many others would like to say thank you to you and to all those that put there time and effort into volunteering and for writing articles like this to educate us and try to educate those 2 to 5%. It takes a special type of person to do what you do.

Unfortunately the last guy is part of the 2 to 5% group and you just can't fix "Stupid".

Thank you for a great read!

Dave & Tess

thanks for the info luc !!!!!! great read man,thanks for all you do   bring on the snow

A couple of winters ago my club was out "trimming" some trees the groomer was having issues with.

We had a couple of big trees across the trail, yes appropriate warnings where placed on both sides of the work area. 

Along comes 4 sleds with strapping young men aboard, who sat and watched us clear the trees.

We made no hurry to clear the trees let me tell ya.

Luc,in response to your last story.We had a groomer operator who would move over for snowmobiles.My response was "do not do that".You can get a snowmobile unstuck with a groomer but you can't get a groomer unstuck with a snowmobile.He continued to do this because ( I didn't know what I was talking about).according to him he was a professional operator.

Sometime later,he did it again and slid off the trail into a ditch alongside the trail.I was called to help out but I was short handed and couldn't leave the business until 5 PM.By that time he had 1 track flipped off it and had 3 broken chains and 4 4WD tractors there and pulled him out and tore the trail to pieces. We then had to put the track back on and rehook the drag to the tractor.One half a day of work just to let some sleds by on the trail.

My blood pressure was going up just reading your story.

Thanks for everything you do and put up with.(I know that I would have blown a gasket)

Archived