SNOW

ToSlow

This is a good post!.

Got my vote! Like button lol!

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snowin lake mad outside! Such a pretty sight! Can't wait to drive home in it:)

Light snow this morning right now. It started last night after dinner.

post-19781-0-22520400-1450541647_thumb.jpg

Well here is some positive for you all! Snowed overnight in suburban Kinmount and is coming down to beat the band! A pal showed up on his sled this AM for his first ride. A solid 7 inches and counting(yes, I went out with a measuring tape) I refuse to look at the forecast and will just enjoy the day!!

Livin'

Well here is some positive for you all! Snowed overnight in suburban Kinmount and is coming down to beat the band! A pal showed up on his sled this AM for his first ride. A solid 7 inches and counting(yes, I went out with a measuring tape) I refuse to look at the forecast and will just enjoy the day!!

Livin'

Shows how how much conditions can vary. We're 45 klicks east of you (as the crow flies). We might have 2" on the deck.

Yes, seems to be some weird band of weather coming in. Spoke to a friend and West Guilford has only a few inches.

Livin'

Has he ever written anything truly positive?

A mild winter could be good for us. Warmer riding temps and conditions up north. Cochrane is getting southern Ontario temps early Jan. Will make for some enjoyable riding conditions, when they open. Predicting a pattern change second week of Jan, when country will see normal temps.

10-12" in bracebridge and it's still coming

Wow!...that's amazing, but really shows how localized the streamers are.  Here on the east side of Huntsville, the sun broke through for a while this morning, and in total, we've had maybe 1" since late yesterday.  The snow squall warning has now been lifted by Env. Canada, although it is snowing steadily as this is being written. 

10-12" in bracebridge and it's still coming

What area of Bracebridge?

Wow!...that's amazing, but really shows how localized the streamers are.  Here on the east side of Huntsville, the sun broke through for a while this morning, and in total, we've had maybe 1" since late yesterday.  The snow squall warning has now been lifted by Env. Canada, although it is snowing steadily as this is being written. 

true lake effect

Live from Halfway Havenpost-22452-0-71827700-1450551711_thumb.jpg

Thanks Dan and team for all the hard work you do.

Where's Milford bay?

I found it, anybody know if mactier is getting all that lake effect?

Where's Milford bay?

Lake Muskoka just off the 118 between Port Carling and Bracebridge...

Likely getting hit by the same streamer hitting Mactier...

Lake Muskoka just off the 118 between Port Carling and Bracebridge...

Likely getting hit by the same streamer hitting Mactier...

Awesome!

Was able to ride all around the streets and backroads of Gravenhurst this evening. Early tomorrow the plows will be out.

post-22473-0-37433500-1450575974_thumb.jpg

post-22473-0-39213600-1450576002_thumb.jpg

Next big snowfall I'll be heading up to cottage to ride the back roads! I'll just make a day trip out of it....hopefully it's over the holidays. Monday Tuesday Wednesday then I'm off until the new year!

Was able to ride all around the streets and backroads of Gravenhurst this evening. Early tomorrow the plows will be out.

attachicon.gif2015-12-19 20.43.41.jpg

attachicon.gif2015-12-19 20.40.16.jpg

hows the snow up there now... thinking I want to wake the wife up real early and head up.... I wanna ride!!!

Saturday at least a foot of snow fell in Gravenhurst and Bracebridge, but there will probably not be much more overnight, based on the current radar presentation. The foot was very fluffy, too, and might settle a bit. I put on 26 miles this evening (Saturday) and the road running was great.

The overnight low is to be -5 and tomorrow's high is expected to be +2 so not much is going to melt before Monday.

The downside to your plan is that the trails are nowhere near being ready, and won't be for a few weeks. Ditch-banging isn't good around here. That pretty much reduces the possibilities to road running, and as far as I know the accumulation may not have landed on the area of unplowed logging roads half an hour north east of Gravenhurst.

The town plows are generally called in at either midnight or 7 a.m. I assume it will be midnight in this instance. The question becomes, What will the roads be like after they are plowed? I don't know the answer. There is a fair bit of snow, but the ground is warm and once the roads are plowed, the remaining snow will tend to melt more quickly than it would in the middle of the winter. On the other hand, if it does keep snowing a bit, there could be some fresh snow on the roads after the plows might have done their runs.

Being local, my plan is to stick my head out the door at daylight and see how it looks after the plows run. I live in the downtown area. If there is still snow on the road in the urban area, as I expect there will be, I will likely take my sled on the back of my truck to somewhere on the edge of town, and hopefully drop onto a secondary road and run around for two or three hours.

You live several hours away, so the stakes are higher if you make a bad decision.

Maybe it depends how well your wife reacts to disappointment? LOL

Saturday at least a foot of snow fell in Gravenhurst and Bracebridge, but there will probably not be much more overnight, based on the current radar presentation. The foot was very fluffy, too, and might settle a bit. I put on 26 miles this evening (Saturday) and the road running was great.

The overnight low is to be -5 and tomorrow's high is expected to be +2 so not much is going to melt before Monday.

The downside to your plan is that the trails are nowhere near being ready, and won't be for a few weeks. Ditch-banging isn't good around here. That pretty much reduces the possibilities to road running, and as far as I know the accumulation may not have landed on the area of unplowed logging roads half an hour north east of Gravenhurst.

The town plows are generally called in at either midnight or 7 a.m. I assume it will be midnight in this instance. The question becomes, What will the roads be like after they are plowed? I don't know the answer. There is a fair bit of snow, but the ground is warm and once the roads are plowed, the remaining snow will tend to melt more quickly than it would in the middle of the winter. On the other hand, if it does keep snowing a bit, there could be some fresh snow on the roads after the plows might have done their runs.

Being local, my plan is to stick my head out the door at daylight and see how it looks after the plows run. I live in the downtown area. If there is still snow on the road in the urban area, as I expect there will be, I will likely take my sled on the back of my truck to somewhere on the edge of town, and hopefully drop onto a secondary road and run around for two or three hours.

You live several hours away, so the stakes are higher if you make a bad decision.

Maybe it depends how well your wife reacts to disappointment? LOL

Well I'm talking to her now... she don't mind... and besides maybe u can guide me around we haven't been outta the house in a while!!

If anyone does decide to come up and look for some roads to run Sunday morning, send me a pm and I will be happy to meet with you!

Well I'm talking to her now... she don't mind... and besides maybe u can guide me around we haven't been outta the house in a while!!

You were typing this message while I was typing mine!

I have sent you a personal message.....

Archived