2015 - 2016 is almost here in the GEM.

turbojamie

We have put in some long hours and a lot of time between Long point lodge and Elk Lake this fall.  Brushing, trimming, widening the trails out.  We purchased a new mower that really helped widen the trails out in some area's I think guys will be in for a big surprise.

I planned to take more pictures of some of the brushing work but my phone died on the last run.  Still some tree's are down between Long Point and Gowganda, not sure yet on the clubs intentions if they plan to use the road or the trail this winter.  The road is always my favorite if no one is logging in the area.

Won't be too long now.

Here is the mower it makes quick work of tag alders and small tree's.

http://www.inotechcanada.com/en/bruleur-bleuetiere/

1FF74201-5C91-45C7-92E4-667F34E011DB_zps

A0B80E34-C6A2-44C1-8F66-B8B0E728E3D9_zps

Still some devastation from last winter

8EC3DBF0-75D4-412E-ADFC-26C93496867B_zps

Thanks for the update and the pictures. I watched the video of the "quad brush cutter" and it works very well.

Thank you!  I love this time of year and appreciate all of your hard work!  We'll be through there a couple of times this year! 

Another Neo Trailer from Action

Good eye.

Any idea why it tows so badly? I just ordered a new 6 X 12 Neo...

Any idea why it tows so badly? I just ordered a new 6 X 12 Neo...

6 x 12 is likely ok.  No Torflex axles is the big thing.

The NEO trailer I am getting has a Dexter axle as standard equipment, which I "thought" was a plus. I believe Dexter axles are good quality, and as far as I know the Torflex axle is a Dexter product - - but I don't know if all Dexter axles are Torflex.

The NEO trailer I am getting has a Dexter axle as standard equipment, which I "thought" was a plus. I believe Dexter axles are good quality, and as far as I know the Torflex axle is a Dexter

product - - but I don't know if all Dexter axles

are Torflex.

As long as it has the grease thru technology it will be fine. I have the dexter axles and flow thru grease design saves allot of future headaches, with bearings and axle.

My 18' Neo tows very good. It has the Dexter dual axles and I am very pleased with how it tows. Wondering if the towing issue is related to the torsion axles?

My 18' Neo tows very good. It has the Dexter dual axles and I am very pleased with how it tows. Wondering if the towing issue is related to the torsion axles?

Ours is around 30' long I can't remember exactly but two sxs cars fit inside it.  Ours has the old school shackle springs in it and its junk.  Same with the never adjust brakes.  It's built ok but twists alot vs the Wells Cargo it replaced there is no comparison.  

Any news on the trails up your way Jamie?  I hope to get to Matachewan this year, we didn't make it last year.

Ours is around 30' long I can't remember exactly but two sxs cars fit inside it.  Ours has the old school shackle springs in it and its junk.  Same with the never adjust brakes.  It's built ok but twists alot vs the Wells Cargo it replaced there is no comparison.  

Wondering if it's the length. I spoke with a number of people before buying mine and everyone had very positive reports but they were in the 18' range. Wells Fargo makes a great trailer but it costs a lot more than the Neo also.

You have any snow yet?

Any news on the trails up your way Jamie?  I hope to get to Matachewan this year, we didn't make it last year.

Not much for snow yet going on.  Ron usually posts some updates but he hasn't been on here.  

The lake I think has been 1/2 frozen and thawed a few times now.  Not much in the forecast but that could change in a matter of hours.

Matachewan might be awkward again this season L136 was littered with brush last season from the ice / wet snow storm xmas eve.  I was through with the ATV this spring and we spent a lot of time cutting to get through.  Not sure if the club was in there or not brushing.  With L136 not opening last season Metatch wasn't much of a destination because it was one way in and one way out and Golden Eagle wasn't participating in any grooming as far as I know they went South.  So they were down on man power last season.

Not much for snow yet going on.  Ron usually posts some updates but he hasn't been on here.  

The lake I think has been 1/2 frozen and thawed a few times now.  Not much in the forecast but that could change in a matter of hours.

Matachewan might be awkward again this season L136 was littered with brush last season from the ice / wet snow storm xmas eve.  I was through with the ATV this spring and we spent a lot of time cutting to get through.  Not sure if the club was in there or not brushing.  With L136 not opening last season Metatch wasn't much of a destination because it was one way in and one way out and Golden Eagle wasn't participating in any grooming as far as I know they went South.  So they were down on man power last season.

Thanks.  Please keep us posted on progress we'll be through end of January and end of February.

Archived