Looking to buy a sled Any tips where to look Help. :)

The Groomer Guy

Do you guys know of some place to look other then the usual places?  LOOKING for like a Yamaha Nytro.  I got about a budget of $5000 to $6000   that's what the boss said.... so lol that's what it is.

Do you guys know anyone selling a sweet sled?  let me know   thanks for the help.

I don't know what the 'usual places' are for you but kijiji and Autotrader are mine. Then try the members and classified section on totallyamaha.com- I know a member that goes by 'Sevey' who has a Nytro and could probably answer any questions you have. I also use Google to find sleds at various marinas or dealers that don't advertise elsewhere. Edit: Did you see the one in Ontario Conditions classified for $4500?

luc, not brand bashing as you know I have owned them all including the Yamaha nytro's... DO NOT BUY HER A NYTRO. it has a very high center of gravity, the older units you will be looking at will not make her a happy rider (suspension geometry issues, darting, super small fuel tank 7 us gallons).

if you want her to enjoy this, and get into it as much as you and I like it... let her ride several peoples sleds, go south and rent some for a day, go to demo days ect... let her choose what she likes, not what you want, and she will be hooked like us, and chomping at the bit, to want to ride. DONT BUY A NYTRO.  Ski

I wasn't sure about the reasons for the Nytro but I have heard many of the same complaints, but guys who ride aggressively and set them up right love them too. If it is the 4 stroke you want then a Vector might be a better choice and for $8k or $9k you might find her one with power steering and that will score you some brownie points. 

Luc,

Here is something I saw at the Polaris dealer in Kearney.

http://www.rickwards.com/2007-yamaha-phazer-fx-inventory.htm?id=927405&in-stock=1

Not sure if this what you are looking for or not but it's priced well and has low kms.

luc, not brand bashing as you know I have owned them all including the Yamaha nytro's... DO NOT BUY HER A NYTRO. it has a very high center of gravity, the older units you will be looking at will not make her a happy rider (suspension geometry issues, darting, super small fuel tank 7 us gallons).

if you want her to enjoy this, and get into it as much as you and I like it... let her ride several peoples sleds, go south and rent some for a day, go to demo days ect... let her choose what she likes, not what you want, and she will be hooked like us, and chomping at the bit, to want to ride. DONT BUY A NYTRO.  Ski

Thanks Eric....  Guys  I did some good research on the Nytro and I will for sure not buy one so that off my list... If I go to Yamaha it would be a Apex or a  Vector.      Looking at a Ski-doo MXZ 600HO Etec...... not sure what I want   might end up buying a brand new MXZ 600 carbed   man sled dealers are bad to not awnser emails or send you the requested info..... I was a Ford salesman and never I would do stuff like that.

If anyone is looking for a sled, my dealer is clearing out some of his sleds, If you are interested shoot me a message and I will forward you his email address.

I have a friend selling a 2013 Arctic Cat LXR with 800 miles for $9000, a 2011 Ski Doo 800 with 3800 miles for $7500 and a 2014 Ski Doo Renegade 900 Ace with 380 miles for $10000,

Nunz

If anyone is looking for a sled, my dealer is clearing out some of his sleds, If you are interested shoot me a message and I will forward you his email address.

I have a friend selling a 2013 Arctic Cat LXR with 800 miles for $9000, a 2011 Ski Doo 800 with 3800 miles for $7500 and a 2014 Ski Doo Renegade 900 Ace with 380 miles for $10000,

Nunz

That's some nice sleds Nunz   What brand of sled your dealer is?

That's some nice sleds Nunz   What brand of sled your dealer is?

I work for a used car dealership group, he loves sleds and buys and sells them as sort of a hobby on the side, he likes to try all the brands and keep a few kicking around.

Nunz

GG, if you are thinking Yamaha, I suggest that you call Steve at Blue Beacon Marina.  Great guy to deal with!

705-325-2526  Not local to you but it might be worth your while.

Mention my name and he'll only charge you an extra 10 % :lol:

GG, if you are thinking Yamaha, I suggest that you call Steve at Blue Beacon Marina.  Great guy to deal with!

705-325-2526  Not local to you but it might be worth your while.

Mention my name and he'll only charge you an extra 10 % :lol:

I'm a Yamaha and Ski-doo guy,  I like the Yamaha because I want to have peace of mind.... I LIVE FAR FROM SLED repair shops and I want something reliable.    I rode a brand new VECTOR on a promotion tour one year and I loved it so mush I DID NOT  want to let it go.... I WANTED TO DRIVE IT ALL THE TIME  frigen cap locks lol

Any vector newer than 2012 has the power steering!

MXZ 600 Carbed for the Win.

Talk to Nutter about his, he love it. Even from coming off an 800 Renegade.

Steph will definately like it....

Any vector newer than 2012 has the power steering!

I know a husband and wife team with the power steering and they love it. Especially the wife.

Or I've heard some people compare Snowtrackers to having power-steering but no first hand experience. If it's true then you could look for an older Vector and get closer to your price point.

Archived