Sault / Searchmont / Halfway Haven

Dan-Senior

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18" of snow on the Kindiogami and Black Creek Outfitters. Took these photos about 30 minutes ago.

post-22452-0-30705400-1452471697_thumb.jpg

post-22452-0-04332100-1452471711_thumb.jpg

glad somebody is getting snow... if it can suddenly happen there it can suddenly happen elsewhere

Nice 93 xcr 440! I had a 94 and it was an awesome sled. Couldn't find one in 93, so I snow checked a 94.

It was Wild!  Plowing through 18-20" of snow on the Kindiogami Road yesterday. Thank you Don and Jean at Black Creek Outfitters for the wonderful hospitality.

Here's the sledding video.

looks good

Elliot Groomer, Thanks for the tremendous effort you and the Elliot Lake Club do on a non-stop basis to get the trails open and maintain them during the winter months?  I heard Elliot Lake really took a pounding from that wind storm before Christmas.  I can certainly appreciate the amount of Chainsawing you and the group have done to date.  How far will you be grooming this winter?   Will you go right to Black Creek or is your cut-off before BC?

This year we are only grooming as far as hwy.546 crossing as the Soo club decided to take over all the trails that were being done by Donnie at Black Creek.

From the Sault Trailblazers Facebook Page.  I added it to the Trailblazers Website at 9 pm.

========================================================================

"Groomer is finally on the move heading towards Halfway Haven... stay tuned for updates!"

post-22452-0-90593000-1452651827_thumb.jpg

From the Sault Trailblazers Facebook Page.  I added it to the Trailblazers Website at 9 pm.

"Groomer is finally on the move heading towards Halfway Haven... stay tuned for updates!"

Looking good. Thanks for sharing..

Thanks for your postings Dan, looking for ward to your updates.  Thanks also to Sault Trailblazers for their dedicated work for the many hours and miles of grooming.

The Groomer should be at Halfway Haven by now or pulling in soon. If all is well they should be able to post it as Limited soon as with those Tractor and Drag combo you can lay a good trail right away and the trail can be open sooner.

** RECORD BREAKER **

The Sault Trailblazers Website hit an all-time 1 day high visitation record today.  The site has been overwhelmed all day with visits into the hundreds.

http://www.ssmtrailblazers.com

post-22452-0-12549000-1452735591_thumb.jpg

Us on the 'Wakomata Wilderness' yesterday.   26 miles of Remoteness Powerline Riding.  We were not successful in our endeavours.  Need some RMK's to lead the way.

post-22452-0-32366900-1453140840_thumb.jpg

You can ride from the soo to Wawa now. The Soo club are working on the D trail south of the Searchmont but the has open an alternate trail into town. Wawa came in to Halfway haven Saturday night. They have a short section going into town to pack and then to work their way to Hawk Junction where our Club groomed down too to give them a hand so we can have the trails open sooner. I will be working on the D108A to hornepayne and should be open by the end of next weekend.

Our ride to Dunlop Lake Lodge this past Sunday, north of Elliot Lake.  

It's been a few years since we stayed at Dunlop Lake Lodge. Liked it then. Still clean rooms and good food? Owners really tried back then.

The place is looking nicer each year.  We go out of our way ride in that direction.  Attached is a photo of Sunday inside the restaurant.  The food was incredible with a Chef on-site.

post-22452-0-21424800-1453240726_thumb.jpg

We were there on Valentine's Day. Chef was onsite then, as well.

(travelled with son that year, who found Valentine's Day dinner with dad ..... odd   :-P )

Thanks for the update.

Sault Trailblazers working hard to get the Aubrey Falls trails open.  All the latest news is here:  http://www.ssmtrailblazers.com

I was just there( going to halfway haven) for the 22, 23, 24th, and parked at the ski hill. In the very first berm. Im not sure if my club got permission to do this or not. Call searchmont ski hill first and ask. If you are just going for the day, park at the end of whitman dam road.

good morning :coffeenose: . there was talk about a gas station reopening in Searchmont did it happen ? There is 4 of us staying at a cottage there, or should we bring some gas cans. We will be heading to Halfway for a day trip, read to call first for gas there. Thanks to all, great reading here      :cheers:

Archived