TOP D to Wawa Reopened

revrnd

The last time I was at Halfway Haven was 2012........... The trail will be easier this year.  No saws needed.

We stopped in to say Hey in April, but nobody was home?  ;)

(My chumm has the pics - sorry)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Had my Hiatus repaired - minor procedure at Soldiers Memorial -  and it no longer leaks.  I have pictures.  

10,000 comedians on redundancy, and looks who's tryin' to be funny..... 

:rolleyes:

MountainView Lodge was trying to get hooked into the trail, but logging this year has cut them off.  They also were trying to get gas, but had to move the gas up the property away from the lodge and river to meet the distance requirement.  Not happening.

The Ski Hill is investigating the sale of gas, but no gas promises.

The store was bought, but no word yet on gas, but may be the best hope?

Gas is really a big part of the trail issue, but I will be riding anyway through Searchmont in any case.

Ski, you know we will be stopping by.............

Where is "Mtn View"?

Isn't that the lodge right on the rd?

Does the trail come anywhere near there?

Just seems to me that the bush goes about strait up accrost the rd from them - doesn't it?

Just doesn't seem like a good place for sleds to be congregating. (If it is where I'm thinkin')

Swell, so how doo I delete the spare post?

:oops:

Where is "Mtn View"?

Isn't that the lodge right on the rd?

Does the trail come anywhere near there?

Just seems to me that the bush goes about strait up accrost the rd from them - doesn't it?

Just doesn't seem like a good place for sleds to be congregating. (If it is where I'm thinkin')

You are correct Ox.  The road is the lowest point there and the lodge is up the hill on the river side and the land they bought is on the other side of the road.  They have a big parking area opposite the lodge across the road.  They run lots of 4 wheelers out of there and have a trail up the hill to a road which you could follow, but the logging company has said it will be keeping it plowed down and does not want liability for sleds.  The club had considered re-route and using that road until it learned of the logging plans, so not this season. 

I stayed there years back and rode the trail up and down the hill.  It was more of a straight shot and if groomed would not be any worse than the trail behind the ski hill.  Last year we stayed there twice and found it to be a very nice experience.

• 1 month later...

12373190_10156385108495083_8631691578984

• 2 weeks later...

MountainView Lodge was trying to get hooked into the trail, but logging this year has cut them off. They also were trying to get gas, but had to move the gas up the property away from the lodge and river to meet the distance requirement. Not happening.

The Ski Hill is investigating the sale of gas, but no gas promises.

The store was bought, but no word yet on gas, but may be the best hope?

Gas is really a big part of the trail issue, but I will be riding anyway through Searchmont in any case.

Ski, you know we will be stopping by.............

post-24045-0-03931500-1451821013_thumb.jpg

post-24045-0-27223000-1451821079_thumb.jpeg

post-24045-0-42678600-1451821103_thumb.jpg

Archived