Free, Re-buildable? XR1200 Engine

MikeD

Time to get this out of my garage.

This engine was overheated, but not seized. The stator came loose, rubbed against the rotor, the resultant shavings clogged the oil pump pick-up screen. Oil starved, overheated, possibly (likely) filled with tons of tiny bits of rotor.

Make no mistake, this engine will require a complete teardown. Once inside, you may find that it's junk. That is why it's free.

If you, or anyone you know is looking for a (potentially) re-buildable engine ... just say the word.

It's near Huntsville, but I could bring it back to Guelph or surrounding area ..

Michael

I'll take it :)

BRP doesn't rebuild them at the Sherbrooke Rebuild Center .... new only.  There were 3 pallets of 75 each on them ready to ship to whoever wanted one ....

you usually blow them up yourself

And he gets a volume discount on a complete rebuild and have a spare in the garage ready to go! Short season no monkeying around anymore waiting for parts!

It would make for an interesting mooring buoy.

• 3 months later...

Time to get this out of my garage.

This engine was overheated, but not seized. The stator came loose, rubbed against the rotor, the resultant shavings clogged the oil pump pick-up screen. Oil starved, overheated, possibly (likely) filled with tons of tiny bits of rotor.

Make no mistake, this engine will require a complete teardown. Once inside, you may find that it's junk. That is why it's free.

If you, or anyone you know is looking for a (potentially) re-buildable engine ... just say the word.

It's near Huntsville, but I could bring it back to Guelph or surrounding area ..

Michael

If u still have this I would like to take it off your hands

If u still have this I would like to take it off your hands

You have a message.

Archived