New Board of Directors for HOO

sledjunk

After our AGM and elections on Tuesday, we have some new Board members.

Last night, the Board met and we decided the roles that each Board member will hold.

Chairman - Mike McLean   NEW Role

Vice Chair - Dean Chapman

Secretary / Treasurer - Dave Marzetti

Equipment Manager - Ian Goard  NEW

Grooming Coordinator - Trevor Terry  NEW

Trails - Phil Ribble  NEW Role

Membership / Permits - Shelley Cole  NEW Role

Communications - Adrian Marzetti

Publicity - Jeff Whyte

Volunteer Coordinator - Shelley Cole

Driver Training - Adrian Marzetti

Trail Patrol Instructor - Dave Marzetti

Please join me in welcoming the new board members and those filling new roles.

The board is optimistic about the changes that are being discussed and planned for this, our 40th, year.

It's great to see new members seeking appointment / assisting your club.

Looks great and encouraging to see new people. Congratulations on the 40 years!!!!

Looking good, SJ. Those new roles seem to make sense. Best of luck for next season and beyond.

couple of questions sj

-who is this dean chapman...is he a know assotiate ?

-seems board has couple of Italian fellows on it,something to do with Maserati cars or what ?

dave,good to see things got shaken up there.best of luck in coming here

Couple of first names I recognize in there .... those who I think they are ?

Congrats guys, and thanks for your volunteering efforts !!!

Actually there are 5 people on our board who are members of OC.  Some of us are more active than others on here and it is possible that the new guys are on as well.

My point is that we want to open the lines of communication with our permit buyers and with all riders in the area.  There were a couple of other nominees for the board, and although they did not win a position, we want to encourage them to get active as we will need a lot of help.

One of these is on here (snocrazy) and has come forward to help with our social media presence and web site.  This is an area where we have been weak, so look for good things on Facebook, Twitter, and the web site.

Couple of first names I recognize in there .... those who I think they are ?

Congrats guys, and thanks for your volunteering efforts !!!

Yeah, I think you might recognize a couple of names :

couple of questions sj

-who is this dean chapman...is he a know assotiate ?

-seems board has couple of Italian fellows on it,something to do with Maserati cars or what ?

dave,good to see things got shaken up there.best of luck in coming here

Maybeee :-)

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone.

I believe the social media aspect is a good road to the end user.  If you set your Facebook to send notices to your phone, you'll know when your local club has posted something ... might be just a photo, or it could be a warning about a closure or trail hazard.

The point is, it's instant, and it's everywhere.  Everyone's got a Facebook account .... it's free, so use it  (that's where I upload my photos on here from).  Just look at how Luc, Polar Bear Riders and other Northern clubs are working the social media to their advantage.  I follow all of the D15 area clubs on FB and contribute from time to time, great to watch trails open and close, events like the bridge openings near SRF, etc.  Nice to get instant updates.

If you have a club exec online using social media to your clubs' advantage, you're getting directly to the users of your trails.  Well done !

It has been awhile since I have been on ontarioconditions. Good to see some new faces. It was a very hard decision for me to step down from the board last year. I am liking what I am seeing & the positive attitude from the current & new board members. Looking forward to helping out as much as I can again & getting back behind the wheel of the groomer. I know SJ will like that, he is getting tired of getting his Tank, I mean Yamaha stuck in the drifts :D

I see good things to come from Heart of Ontario :D

Actually there are 5 people on our board who are members of OC.  Some of us are more active than others on here and it is possible that the new guys are on as well.

My point is that we want to open the lines of communication with our permit buyers and with all riders in the area.  There were a couple of other nominees for the board, and although they did not win a position, we want to encourage them to get active as we will need a lot of help.

One of these is on here (snocrazy) and has come forward to help with our social media presence and web site.  This is an area where we have been weak, so look for good things on Facebook, Twitter, and the web site.

The newbies are in good hands sledjunk... you're a great ambassador for the sport and I am sure will help them integrate with the club quickly

:D  :cheers:

Congratulations HOO. I look forward to volunteering again in the fall.

I am excited to be a part of this new adventure with HOO. Stay tuned, there are great things to come!

Sounds good Snocrazy

That's always a good sign !!!

• 2 months later...

Further news, our Publicity Director was involved in a serious car crash about a year ago and has been struggling to recover.  Unfortunately, he has recently resigned due to his health issues, and, while we wish him all the best with his recovery, the board is pleased to announce that our new Publicity Director is Jason Noble and is reachable at publicity@heartofontario.ca.

We welcome him to the board and are excited with our progress.

Archived