Azilda/Chemmy/Fairbanks/Windy/Cartier march 21st report

FreezerBurnt

Hey I put out the call earlier this week,got a few nibbles

I got in Chemmy 1130am to get my insurance,seems I forgot to renew them when I change companies

Headed back to Azilda temp was about -9c blue bird day

top up oil,grease zerks and 1 pull she starts got to love it eh

Left Marcels and hit the trails just outside of Azilda he left earlier

You would think,there is tons of snow,its cold there would be tons of sleds out, but seen maybe 4 tracks on the trail between Azilda and Chelmsford, trails were perfectly flat but a touch crusty not much fresh snow lately but no snirt til I got near the train tracks near MR15 ,I get to Tim Hortons and like god parted the ways I arrived on the green light again,I have a knack for that. Sure beats the old crossing where you had to wait til the traffic is cleared. So I filled up at Pioneer(across from Tim's). No one around its about 12:20ish. Ok then I am riding alone. The sled temp was running about 140f(as on average it runs 110-115) as the snow was crusty. Caught up to a group near the NSD pinic area, decided to turn off ride ride so old bush trails until they were far enuff away. Got back on the trails and went onto Stobie Dam road and openned the sled up got the needle to the M on the speedo I gather 110mph. not bad for top end considering I am running 600 gearing still. Took our new trail along the Vermillion River wow what a diference from early season conditions on that stretch,hopefully the 4x4 don't wreck oh what the they :curse: will riut the crap out of it come snow melt.

Got to Verm and took the lake,very nice and fast on the lake got her up to 100mph again and then went up the old mine site from the lake and hit the top D trail again. Check the plugs,as I drop 3 sizes last night before heading out today.Very nice tan a bit dark but better than lean.By this time I got the p[lugs back in and started the sled and 2 people rode by. Oh well I followed them to Fairbanks. We past a group of 10sleds before the lake. They headed south and I decided to go to Windy Lake. Sled ran great all day if I kept the speed at about 40mph and over,she was very blubbery under 5500rpm >30mph all day. I am not sure why but my 600 was the same last year

Got onto Cameron and openned it back up to 100mph+ :woot: ,trail there can be groomed another time IMO as it was stuttery. Then onto Mud lake,there is a trail that bypasses the lake, but who I kidding, hit the lake to see the Cnote again , now once on Chicago mine road the trail was mint and wide so I cruised at a safe 50mph yes 80kmph rebel eh got to Windy Lake and openned it up again hello Mr Cnote again long time no see

Got to Windy Lake motel and said screw it, I am heading to Cartier,cross 144 and pefection awaits again, who would have thought we would be riding this late after last year??? That trail to Cartier ranks up there for my all time favorite its wide and winedy with dips .I rode past a old bush road HMMMMMM,on the way back I am go to have to hit that no one had been on it. Got to Cartier and took 28L of fuel and there was about 8-10 sleds there. Left teh gas station and stop[ the sled and loosenned my front springs as whats the point of super stiff settings if there is no bumps eh? On my way back I ran into some :coffeenose: morons riding off trail on boths sides of the trail. Hey I have no problem with them doing that as I am guilty of that also but stay on the :curse: right of the trail if you do that. Guy look like he was going to crap himself when I turn the corner and there he was off the side of the trail on my right heading my way.

After passing those :curse: idgits I remembered taht old bush road, Wow no one had been on it all winter,yeehaw and bumps with 2-3feet of snow. Oh ya did I mention there is tons of snow up there. got stuck when turn the sled around after a break as my sled bogged. Spent about 20 minutes digging the :curse: out,I did not have my collapsable shovel,The snow had a 1-2inch crust snow most times you are riding on top but I got an edge and off I go tolling in the snow sled did not roll thank god. Now back to the c111d trail towards Onaping

Once back at Windy lake,there was a group of a dozen plus sleds riding the stake the line, hello mr Cnote bye bye to them, caught up to another group do the same but seems these guys wanted to play through the hoops I go between Windy and Tower Bay, NorthStar Recreation did an awesome job on my revalve and rebuild and those moguls were hit like a hot knife in butter. I got ahead of all of them at the end of Tower bay. BTW I kept well to the left when passing all of these sled on te lake as to not spook them.

Got to Fairbanks again and decided I was hungry and I openned it back up and about halfway there at 80mph I hit a pressure crack must have flew 15-20feet and about 2-3feet :woot: in the air It scared me for a second but landed perfect. Got to the Faribanks Lake resort looked closed so I said screw that and headed back to Chemmy

Once cross the hwy behind the mal is where I started to see abit of snirt here and there but besides that trails are mint and white and flat though they do need to groom the upper section of the trails between Lavallee rd and Stobie Dam road as it was quite stuttery compared to the lower one.

all in all the trails should be good for another week if not 2

Not sure if this is my last ride reprt in Ontario for a little while as I am heading to Winnipeg next month. Anyone want to hit the trails with paint ball guns and chase the quadders this weekend

Will be debating tonight,If I will head out again this weekend

btw anyone wanna buy a 01 ZR 700????

Sorry my batteries are shot I think,as its pissing me off not being able to take pics today,though I do have a few on cell phone but do not know hhow to download them from there onto here

btw sorry for the long winded report,but I am sure you guys missed them this yr due to me blowing 2 engines

Hey I put out the call earlier this week,got a few nibbles

I got in Chemmy 1130am to get my insurance,seems I forgot to renew them when I change companies

Headed back to Azilda temp was about -9c blue bird day

top up oil,grease zerks and 1 pull she starts got to love it eh

Left Marcels and hit the trails just outside of Azilda he left earlier

You would think,there is tons of snow,its cold there would be tons of sleds out, but seen maybe 4 tracks on the trail between Azilda and Chelmsford, trails were perfectly flat but a touch crusty not much fresh snow lately but no snirt til I got near the train tracks near MR15 ,I get to Tim Hortons and like god parted the ways I arrived on the green light again,I have a knack for that. Sure beats the old crossing where you had to wait til the traffic is cleared. So I filled up at Pioneer(across from Tim's). No one around its about 12:20ish. Ok then I am riding alone. The sled temp was running about 140f(as on average it runs 110-115) as the snow was crusty. Caught up to a group near the NSD pinic area, decided to turn off ride ride so old bush trails until they were far enuff away. Got back on the trails and went onto Stobie Dam road and openned the sled up got the needle to the M on the speedo I gather 110mph. not bad for top end considering I am running 600 gearing still. Took our new trail along the Vermillion River wow what a diference from early season conditions on that stretch,hopefully the 4x4 don't wreck oh what the they :curse: will riut the crap out of it come snow melt.

Got to Verm and took the lake,very nice and fast on the lake got her up to 100mph again and then went up the old mine site from the lake and hit the top D trail again. Check the plugs,as I drop 3 sizes last night before heading out today.Very nice tan a bit dark but better than lean.By this time I got the p[lugs back in and started the sled and 2 people rode by. Oh well I followed them to Fairbanks. We past a group of 10sleds before the lake. They headed south and I decided to go to Windy Lake. Sled ran great all day if I kept the speed at about 40mph and over,she was very blubbery under 5500rpm >30mph all day. I am not sure why but my 600 was the same last year

Got onto Cameron and openned it back up to 100mph+ :woot: ,trail there can be groomed another time IMO as it was stuttery. Then onto Mud lake,there is a trail that bypasses the lake, but who I kidding, hit the lake to see the Cnote again , now once on Chicago mine road the trail was mint and wide so I cruised at a safe 50mph yes 80kmph rebel eh got to Windy Lake and openned it up again hello Mr Cnote again long time no see

Got to Windy Lake motel and said screw it, I am heading to Cartier,cross 144 and pefection awaits again, who would have thought we would be riding this late after last year??? That trail to Cartier ranks up there for my all time favorite its wide and winedy with dips .I rode past a old bush road HMMMMMM,on the way back I am go to have to hit that no one had been on it. Got to Cartier and took 28L of fuel and there was about 8-10 sleds there. Left teh gas station and stop[ the sled and loosenned my front springs as whats the point of super stiff settings if there is no bumps eh? On my way back I ran into some :coffeenose: morons riding off trail on boths sides of the trail. Hey I have no problem with them doing that as I am guilty of that also but stay on the :curse: right of the trail if you do that. Guy look like he was going to crap himself when I turn the corner and there he was off the side of the trail on my right heading my way.

After passing those :curse: idgits I remembered taht old bush road, Wow no one had been on it all winter,yeehaw and bumps with 2-3feet of snow. Oh ya did I mention there is tons of snow up there. got stuck when turn the sled around after a break as my sled bogged. Spent about 20 minutes digging the :curse: out,I did not have my collapsable shovel,The snow had a 1-2inch crust snow most times you are riding on top but I got an edge and off I go tolling in the snow sled did not roll thank god. Now back to the c111d trail towards Onaping

Once back at Windy lake,there was a group of a dozen plus sleds riding the stake the line, hello mr Cnote bye bye to them, caught up to another group do the same but seems these guys wanted to play through the hoops I go between Windy and Tower Bay, NorthStar Recreation did an awesome job on my revalve and rebuild and those moguls were hit like a hot knife in butter. I got ahead of all of them at the end of Tower bay. BTW I kept well to the left when passing all of these sled on te lake as to not spook them.

Got to Fairbanks again and decided I was hungry and I openned it back up and about halfway there at 80mph I hit a pressure crack must have flew 15-20feet and about 2-3feet :woot: in the air It scared me for a second but landed perfect. Got to the Faribanks Lake resort looked closed so I said screw that and headed back to Chemmy

Once cross the hwy behind the mal is where I started to see abit of snirt here and there but besides that trails are mint and white and flat though they do need to groom the upper section of the trails between Lavallee rd and Stobie Dam road as it was quite stuttery compared to the lower one.

all in all the trails should be good for another week if not 2

Not sure if this is my last ride reprt in Ontario for a little while as I am heading to Winnipeg next month. Anyone want to hit the trails with paint ball guns and chase the quadders this weekend

Will be debating tonight,If I will head out again this weekend

btw anyone wanna buy a 01 ZR 700????

Sorry my batteries are shot I think,as its pissing me off not being able to take pics today,though I do have a few on cell phone but do not know hhow to download them from there onto here

btw sorry for the long winded report,but I am sure you guys missed them this yr due to me blowing 2 engines

Great report Freezie!

We headed from Rocky's to Shining Tree today, trails were mint! Still lots of riding there if we're lucky!!! :P

Kept reading through expecting a break down or a bear attack...nice report FB! Good to hear you guys and gals are getting an extra season after last year's slim snow.

Thanks freeze for the report. I thought all of the snow was above highway 17? I put on 4100km on the 03 viper this year and never had a problem. Sorry about your bad luck, but at least you never gave up. What caused the second engine to go?

2nd engine was my fault,I cold seized at Rocky's on Wanahpetei

Stupid me after breakfast, started the sled,ran it for 30seconds and hit the drag strip full throttle :woot: than :puke:

btw I am above hwy17 :wavey:

Archived