Season ender ... and then some.

MikeD

Took off last Thursday (4/2) and drove up to Cochrane with some buddies ... 3 days of riding on and off trail, lots of snow, and other than a few icy spots, damn good conditions for spring.

Unfortunately my last riding day was brought about by a stud thru the heat exchanger .... looks like I have my work set out for me.

If you know someone who can weld these things up while on the machine ... let me know.

It'll be easy to get to ... as I'll be replacing my track as well ... :(

Took off last Thursday (4/2) and drove up to Cochrane with some buddies ... 3 days of riding on and off trail, lots of snow, and other than a few icy spots, damn good conditions for spring.

Unfortunately my last riding day was brought about by a stud thru the heat exchanger .... looks like I have my work set out for me.

If you know someone who can weld these things up while on the machine ... let me know.

It'll be easy to get to ... as I'll be replacing my track as well ... :(

Let me know next time you are heading north Mike and I will try and stop in for a java.....

Chat soon...

On the plus side you know you can't ride anymore !!

I'm a welder and threw a stud on my 09 800 gade, took me many many hours to get it perfect... M buddy threw one way out in the middle of no were and we used 2 part epoxy worked like a charm. My 2012, 1200 gade threw one last year and I just used epoxy and its still dry. Ice Ripper!!! the only way, you will never see me with a stud in a single ply again...

Sorry to hear how your season ended.

You should get an ice ripper track and not have studs

It is an ice ripper ... with additional studs. Purchased used in that formation.

Let me know next time you are heading north Mike and I will try and stop in for a java.....

Chat soon...

Hey Nunz ... hockey playoffs this weekend ... I'll be back up on the 18/19.  Looking forward to the visit.

We do all the time Mike 

Thanks WB ... you'll hear from me.

Ouch. Sorry to hear how your season ended. I hope the rest of it was great.

Thanks STG ... it was an awesome season, regardless of the finish.  "It is what it is" when it come to repairs.

On the plus side you know you can't ride anymore !!

That's likely the only reason I'm holding it together ..... :mellow:

way cheaper than the end to last years season 

No kidding eh? Still having nightmares about that.

Sorry to hear how your season ended.

Thanks SJ ... I'll take my time and fix it up, ready for next season.

Put a stud through 5years ago. Little aluminum mig and rad repair epoxy over weld zero issues since.

Had to remove driveshaft and changed to a ice ripper while i was at it.

The ice tech tracks are single ply only DO NOT ADD STUDS or they will fail period . We weld them all the time please do not use ant epoxys it make it difficult to weld and will cost you more 

Archived