Pics Added - Gowganda Lake Lodge (late March - Great Trails)

Canuck

we are headed to Gowganda Lake lodge tomorrow morn , going to do some off trail stuff on the old mining rds , first real rip of the year will let you know how the snow depths are n the area 

Thanks MM. Always enjoy reading your early season trail reports.

You should pull in wearing a new long sleeved T with their logo on the back. :D

I saw that! Gowganda Lake Lodge as sponsor. Looks great. 

Gonna feel like a Nascar driver wearin' the oc.com long sleeve. 

Muskoka Man if you could provide a update on the condition in the area that would be great! I've got a trip to finish organizing for next weekend starting Thursday Jan 28th out of Sudbury would love to hear how things go for you in Gowganda.

...I saw that! Gowganda Lake Lodge as sponsor. Looks great...

Need to show a little love to those who help keep the lights on!

Tons of snow here , there are grooming east and west of gowganda , trails are sweet,they are not signed yet and im thinking thats why they are not green, you have to keep moving off trail or you will go down ,we are going east today off trail towards beauty lk area .supposed to be sunny and-9 here , then we will go west tomorrow to where sudbury comes up and meets this area 

If you have FB i posted a vid of ron quicks grooming yesterday ,its under Snomobile Trail Grooming page ,its hard to get vids here unless one of you guys can drag it from there to here , I dont have my teenagers here with me to do it .LOL

Hi Canuck ... nice report and awesome pics. Wanapitae Lake is great to ride. .. watch out for pressure cracks, Rocky's great for burgers . Convenient location for gas too.

Cheers.

Any information would be appreciated.  I would love to be able to ride up to Quick's next weekend from Sudbury.

Hi Canuck ... nice report and awesome pics. Wanapitae Lake is great to ride. .. watch out for pressure cracks, Rocky's great for burgers . Convenient location for gas too.

Cheers.

Oops ... Canucks report was in April 2015. Sry my bad. Lake Wanapitae trails are not open. Check OFSC trail maps before riding this area.

I noticed that too. I've messaged STP about the lake.

(Canuck-they're still nice pics)

here is a couple from our weekend in Gowganda , all off trail but ran into Ron Quicks doing his thing,the gas station is the new one in Elk Lake , some of you may have noticed that the 136 going north is not on the map anymore , going miss that one , had a great weekend staying at Gowganda Lake Lodge , perfect weather and good hosts looking after us,some logging 35 ks west of town near C trail, i believe a re-route may be coming up , 

tYFDXQ9.jpg

stWQiVm.jpg

1qMONHy.jpg

v29ZnX6.jpg

Good stuff and great pics.  Thanks for your help. 

Archived