Info on 15yrd that crashed on C103D Near sprucedale??

SuperG

Hello All,

Just inquiring if ANYBODY knows any more info on the 15yrd that crashed her sled near sprucedale on C103D on mar 21st? A more exact location would really help me in determining if a report would need to be made on our clubs ors.. 

Thanks for any info. :) .

Maybe try to contact the almaguin opp detachment, they are in burk's falls, they were the one's dispatched according to the article.  Or maybe contact the highland rovers club as they groom the trail up to you guys on the sequin to see if they know anything.

opp refused to give information 

Privacy act and other BS.  Respond to a car accident and want to get the information from them regarding ownership etc.., and you better hope you grab that out of the glove box before they do, or you have a hard time getting them to hand it over so you can fill out the paperwork required. 

Thanks everyone but yes unfortunately the O.P.P will not give out info on it as well as ambulance sighting privacy B.S as well as its still an ongoing investigation. I was hoping someone might know anyone on the fire dept that responded to this that might be able to give some info on this on the DL...

Wild Bill do have have any contact info regarding the highland rovers club?

Highland Rovers website does not seem to have any contact numbers, but I found this in another web site, hope it helps.

Highland Rovers Snowmobile Club - Trails and Permits
Town/City: Emsdale
Address: P.O. Box 129, Emsdale, On. P0A 1J0
Phone: 705-645-3451
Toll Free : 1-800-328-7245

Thanks Steve C! thats much appreciated. I'll give those a try as thats the most ive got so far to go on.

If it happened on an ofsc prescribed trail an incident form has to be filled out including all relevant information: GPS coorinints time trail number as well as signage yes it should have been done within a day or so !!!! Very important because if there is a lawsuit or anything like that the club needs all the info oh yes it's all about lawsuits !!!! I hope she is recovering and things are ok

Thanks tips! I know how to do and write the reports! and as for timeframes, its to be done ASAP but also note that the ors person that is responding is VOLUNTEER!!!!! Sometimes I can get out to the trail and do my investigation,take pics, gps coordinates etc the same day and sometimes it'll take me a few days or minimum a week do to my life, as i do have responsibilities to my job and family members! Also it doesnt help how there is know real reporting system to me about an accident on our trails other then word of mouth or news articles, as well it doesnt help when you try to get exact location and information from sources such as the opp and ambulance and then they tell you sorry we cant tell you anything due to privacy concerns etc......very frustrating!

Its kinda hard to juggle a full time job thats an hour an 15 mins away from home, as well as volunteer fireman for two fire depts, volunteering for ofsc doing trail patrol and ors, as well as taking care of a sick parent. Kinda gets frustrating when you have someone that just whines that nothing is done right away and expects it to be. meanwhile they are doing a volunteer job!

Sorry everyone, end of RANT. ..

Privacy act and other BS.  Respond to a car accident and want to get the information from them regarding ownership etc.., and you better hope you grab that out of the glove box before they do, or you have a hard time getting them to hand it over so you can fill out the paperwork required.

Isn't that wonderful! First responders being prevented from getting needed information by other first responders. I don't think that is what the privacy act was for but once again, laws get made without thinking all the scenario's through.

Isn't that wonderful! First responders being prevented from getting needed information by other first responders. I don't think that is what the privacy act was for but once again, laws get made without thinking all the scenario's through.

Fortunately there is only one or two cops, and they are busy off the op questioning the occupants, and we have 6 or 8  or more fireman show up, so we just make sure someone gets it out of the car rather quickly.

Thanks tips! I know how to do and write the reports! and as for timeframes, its to be done ASAP but also note that the ors person that is responding is VOLUNTEER!!!!! Sometimes I can get out to the trail and do my investigation,take pics, gps coordinates etc the same day and sometimes it'll take me a few days or minimum a week do to my life, as i do have responsibilities to my job and family members! Also it doesnt help how there is know real reporting system to me about an accident on our trails other then word of mouth or news articles, as well it doesnt help when you try to get exact location and information from sources such as the opp and ambulance and then they tell you sorry we cant tell you anything due to privacy concerns etc......very frustrating!

Its kinda hard to juggle a full time job thats an hour an 15 mins away from home, as well as volunteer fireman for two fire depts, volunteering for ofsc doing trail patrol and ors, as well as taking care of a sick parent. Kinda gets frustrating when you have someone that just whines that nothing is done right away and expects it to be. meanwhile they are doing a volunteer job!

Sorry everyone, end of RANT. ..

Volunteer rants are tolerated here.

The OFSC Risk Management "system" is predicated on every volunteer doing their job and keeping the chain intact. If this worked in reality, you would know, with almost complete certainty, that neither your trail condition or signage (or lack thereof) contributed to the incident. But there is a gap between the policies and procedures and reality. So that's why the club Response Coordinator has to get "eyes-on" the scene asap to verify conditions.

That being said....we are volunteers, and you can only enter into ORS what you know, and sometimes that just has to be good enough. The police have no obligation to share details, but the fact that the police were notified can be entered into ORS. That at least says something about the severity of the incident. Believe me, if the insurance lawyers want to get their hands on the police report, they will. You can only control so much, right? But I do commend you on reaching out on this forum to find more information.

We've entered reports into ORS with a lot less information than you have. As volunteers we can only do so much and there is nothing worse than hearing about somebody getting hurt on your trails. Especially when we work so hard to make things safe.

Thanks volunteer15!

I do try and put as much factual info as i can into my reports. I had to call head office a few weeks ago about another incident and they told me any info that i can dig out from rumours would be helpfull. Well yes that is helpfull to an extent. The fact is that I am writing a legal documented report and being in law enforcement already, i only like putting facts into my reports! as rumours are not facts they are just that, RUMOURS! therefore I would be writing untruthfull events. They didn't have much to say after that lol.

I havent been able to get any more info on it yet so i am just going to put in all the info that i know. Thanks everyone that contributed to my posts. Much appreciated. :)

Archived