Muskoka Ice?

Dirtbag

The ice is really starting to break up around the shore and i'd assume it would be the same out on the big lake. High risk ripping.

Yes, and I see more open water around the islands today than there was yesterday.

Yes, and I see more open water around the islands today than there was yesterday.

What islands? You aren't out on the ice anymore are you?

Heck no. I haven't been out on the lake in three weeks. I hurt my back around March 26 and missed a week of riding. Once I resumed riding, I figured the lake was too iffy, so I stuck to dry land. LOL

The open water I mentioned is just what can be seen from shore.

Today (April 11) I rode by motorcycle to Creative Plate Eatery on the west shore of Lake Muskoka between Gravenhurst and Walker's Point. While sitting there enjoying lunch, I watched two sledders ride across the ice.They came in for wings and beer, and told me they had come from near Indian Head Harbour near Highway 118 and snowmobiled across the main part of the lake. Needless to say, they saw no other sledders on the lake today.I hope they made it home safely.

Yipes! I haven't been on the ice since the 6th. But I'm a chicken. Nice place to eat.

When I was younger I use to skip the water to get out on the ice from shore..coming off of it was tricky as you needed enough speed to glide over it but not too much as there was no snow on the land..Once the sun gets really hot on it the ice weakens A lot (obviously). I once wore a wet suit and swam to it..crawling out on it..then running across it..in the middle my foot would go through a foot of ice and I'd roll..

Archived