Muskoka Ice?

Dirtbag

Anyone been on Lake Muskoka recently?  wondering how safe it may be this weekend..fully understanding the know before you go rule...

34 inchs by Browning.   Over half clear ice.

Any idea how long ago the measurement was taken? Which side of the island?

Are you going to let a bit of thin ice or open water concern you... not for some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-QzE_i0qwE

Thank you. I saw a small number of huts and some sleds at that location on Saturday afternoon.

aren't the ice huts supposed to be off the ice by now or face fines.

How long will it be until someone needs to be rescued from Lake Simcoe when they ice they are fishing on breaks free and starts to drift

aren't the ice huts supposed to be off the ice by now or face fines.

How long will it be until someone needs to be rescued from Lake Simcoe when they ice they are fishing on breaks free and starts to drift

March 31st for zone 15 in Parry sound / Muskoka.

Thank you. I saw a small number of huts and some sleds at that location on Saturday afternoon.

Most of the huts are off Lake Muskoka but some remain.

These ones were SW of Browning Island on Saturday, March 21,  and may be the ones reporting 34 inches of ice as of last Sunday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odUzdzD3ASg&feature=youtube_gdata

Huts had to be off Lake Simcoe on Mar. 15, i believe.

warm and some rain coming this week , will be sketchy by the weekend 

• 2 weeks later...

Today (April 11) I rode by motorcycle to Creative Plate Eatery on the west shore of Lake Muskoka between Gravenhurst and Walker's Point. While sitting there enjoying lunch, I watched two sledders ride across the ice.

They came in for wings and beer, and told me they had come from near Indian Head Harbour near Highway 118 and snowmobiled across the main part of the lake. Needless to say, they saw no other sledders on the lake today.

I hope they made it home safely.

Not something I would be trying. Drove to Rosseau to pick up the sleds from Wild Bill and the lakes were still frozen but sure didn't look very solid. It's interesting to see the sled tracks showing up as the ice melts.

Today (April 11) I rode by motorcycle to Creative Plate Eatery on the west shore of Lake Muskoka between Gravenhurst and Walker's Point. While sitting there enjoying lunch, I watched two sledders ride across the ice.They came in for wings and beer, and told me they had come from near Indian Head Harbour near Highway 118 and snowmobiled across the main part of the lake. Needless to say, they saw no other sledders on the lake today.I hope they made it home safely.

how was the food? Was surprised they were open every weekend...seen sooooooooooo many different restaurants there.. Think my fav was canadiana Cafe

Friends was the best when Enrico ran it. I went for chicken Fajitas 3 times a week.

The ice is really starting to break up around the shore and i'd assume it would be the same out on the big lake. High risk ripping.

how was the food? Was surprised they were open every weekend...seen sooooooooooo many different restaurants there.. Think my fav was canadiana Cafe

The food there has been quite good since Creative Plate Eatery opened at that site.

Archived