Iron Skillet shutting down

ScottyD

Reading all these comments about food one would think that is what snowmobiling is all about. Ride a little eat a lot ride a bit more eat again ride a bit more then eat again. No wonder my suit shrank the year before. Fortunately this past winter I was able to focus more on riding and it seems to have stretched now. I was close to having to get a new one.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading all these comments about food one would think that is what snowmobiling is all about. Ride a little eat a lot ride a bit more eat again ride a bit more then eat again. No wonder my suit shrank the year before. Fortunately this past winter I was able to focus more on riding and it seems to have stretched now. I was close to having to get a new one.

buy a girdle to save the $$ on a new suit, lmao!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't this why we go riding though?? It certainly can't be about the scenery and the sleds and the friends we ride with....LOL...

Isn't this why we go riding though?? It certainly can't be about the scenery and the sleds and the friends we ride with....LOL...

Heck no... they are just an added benefit... it's all about the food. Especially good butter tarts. Or a pancake breakfast. Next year I'm bringing blueberries for my pancakes.

This is a real darn shame! I will really miss them as they were great with customers and supplied us all with great food. If only more businesses ran the way they ran theirs! I was really looking forward to be stopping in there this summer on the quads :( .

Best of luck guys on all your future endeavours, and hopefully see you all again soon at another great establishment that you start up. :)

okay... so the million $ question. How does a place like Suds on Main survive where the food is marginal the service slow and that is being nice survive when a quality place like Iron Skillet doesn't. Just doesn't seem right.

Liquor licence.

okay... so the million $ question. How does a place like Suds on Main survive where the food is marginal the service slow and that is being nice survive when a quality place like Iron Skillet doesn't. Just doesn't seem right.

that place is probably the losing investment to offset the other investments that make money, edgewater and the bush company, actually all 3 suck, lol

Also, location to the trails, look at the Sprucedale motel, no one I know goes in there, yet any time you go by the place, it is packed with snowmobiles.  Have seen probably well over 100 sleds there on some occasions. 

just hard to believe that someone riding their snowmobile in the great outdoors needs an alcohol drink so bad that they would accept marginal food and service rather than great food and great service just to be able to get that drink

I recall being in Sprucedale and the service was horrible. They totally forgot to get one of our group of about 10 his lunch and actually tried to give him a bill for food he never got.

This is a true shame. The food was amazing, made it there 3 times. 

• 1 month later...

Quick update.

Chef Justin is now working at Locale in King city. A nice little Italian joint.

Chef Martin has taken over the kitchen management position at Bush Company in Dwight, and a whole new scratch menu will be implemented by the end of next week.

And Chef Kelly is now at Edgewater, and started running a killer breakfast at Suds on Main.

Expect some awesome changes at all 3 of these locations. And be sure to hit up Locale if you are in the King City area.

Thanks! Cause it's all about the food, not sledding. Sung to  "It's all about the bass, no treble" :-P

Really enjoyed my visit to the Iron Skillet with son late last year. Fresh ingredients and a chuckle when I said "Blake sent me"

Thanks! Cause it's all about the food, not sledding. Sung to  "It's all about the bass, no treble" :-P

Really enjoyed my visit to the Iron Skillet with son late last year. Fresh ingredients and a chuckle when I said "Blake sent me"

Is there anywhere that you can sled to and serves food that you can't say Blake sent me. I think he knows them all and especially where the good butter tarts are. I'll ride with him anytime.

Hey, I introduced Blake G. to Zet's Restaurant on Airport Road during last fall's Snowmobile show. He liked it. Sledgourmet.com - that's Blake.

Does he know about California Sandwich.... There is one on Dixie just north of the 401 west side and one on the south side of the Queensway just east of 427.... hmmm, I think I need to send one of the guys out to pick up an order for the office next week. Great veal sandwiches.

heading up to edgewater tomorow on the quads for lunch , leaving from rickwards 

Chef Justin is now working at Locale in King city.

Chef Martin has taken over the kitchen management position at Bush Company in Dwight, and a whole new scratch menu will be implemented by the end of next week.

Chef Kelly is now at Edgewater, and started running a killer breakfast at Suds on Main.

ROAD TRIP

Never made it up to edgewater ,did loops south of Kearney and stop in for a great lunch at Suds on Main , great weather and lots of quads in the parking lot 

Never made it up to edgewater ,did loops south of Kearney and stop in for a great lunch at Suds on Main , great weather and lots of quads in the parking lot

Stop it! You are making me want to trade my sled in now. Sounds like a great time.

Went riding with Derrick Rickwards from Rickwards Polaris , got the grand tour of all the Kearney trails , 

Today we did 90 ks of the trails south of the Baysville Raceway , awsome weather again 

Went riding with Derrick Rickwards from Rickwards Polaris , got the grand tour of all the Kearney trails , 

Today we did 90 ks of the trails south of the Baysville Raceway , awsome weather again 

Lots of atv's around this weekend. This also brings out the cops. Got stopped in ride check Friday afternoon just past Edgewater at Forest Tower Road.  Got a lucky break as I had just been at Rickwards  Kwikway store and forgot to put my seatbelt back on. Did not get charged but reminded it was a $240 fine and points.

Are there any motorbikes on the trails in the Kearney or Baysville areas?

big time , all over the place on the logging rds. the trails around black lake and cinder lk area would be good enduro riding for sure ,and up pine springs also

Archived