Iron Skillet shutting down

ScottyD

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check the post under favourite places ...

That's sad news,  excellent food,  loved stopping there.  It will be missed, but wish them all the best in whatever and wherever they end up.

FROM FACEBOOK:

Looks like the iron skillet will be shutting its doors.

It was a great 4+ years, and we want to thank everyone for their support over these years. We have learnt a lot, and experienced a lot of amazing things over our time. Made friends with some pretty amazing people, we were on TV. We have had TV chefs Michael Smith, and Derek Minkensky come out of their way to come eat here.

The local support has been more than we could ever ask for. We love you guys, thanks for everything you have done.

We will be selling off all sorts of kitchen gear, including chafing dishes, platters, small wares, as well as a few bigger ticket items including a new 3 door stainless steel true refrigeration unit, cambro carriers 4 regular and one extra large), a meat slicer and a large industrial mixer. We will keep our debit and credit machine running for the sale. I will have the skillet set up with all items for sale this coming Friday. Please share this post, it'll really help us get the word out, and may possibly help us unload all of this gear.

Again.. Thank you all so much for the support, we wouldn't have survived this long without you all.

Martin, Justin, Kelly, and Gen.

can't believe we didn't get one more lunch there...I miss it already...best of luck guys

Not sure what factors went into the closure, but Martin and Justin should be unleashed in a much larger facility that can handle a lot more customers. Either one of these guys is capable of running a bigger restaurant with more food, more customers, more revenue, and more profit. Let's hope we'll be able to sled to find one or both of these guys again in the future. I wish them the best of luck.

Wow this blows! I loved there food. Thanks for great food this winter and good luck with your next buisness choice.

they need a bigger market place

That is true. I remember talking to Martin and he told me he used to work at the big resort in town. No one likes the food there either. Too bad there wasn't a way to work together. Too bad really, since they seemed to be just getting back on their feet after getting the septic fixed.

I just googled and never knew it there are a few Iron Skillets I enjoyed the meal in Collingwood Iron Skillet

Hey guys. It's true that we have had to shut down. And we did give it an honest go. It pretty much all boiled down to, two missed summers, and an unfortunate accumulation of debt during peak seasons. We thought that we would be able to recover, but a few more speed bumps came along during this winter and finished us off. I will make a post here with what our futures hold, so we can meet up again in the future. I can say that Kelly have moved over to Edgewater Park resort, and Justin is now working at a higher end Italian joint in King City called Locale. I am still in Kearney working out the departure details, and locking down my future plans. I can say that I will be in the general area, and will more than likely be working at a location that has trail access, but until I start work, I don't want to jinx it.

Thank you all for you support, we would have been closed earlier without it.

Martin

I would personally like to thank Blake G for getting us hooked up with the OC, and for bringing piles of sledders through our doors. Thanks a ton Blake.

martin

sorry to hear about closing,let us know where you land.we'll show up again... on sleds or bikes

glenn

X3

The one time I've been in Kearney we met Nunz and had your breakfast; both were awesome experiences.   $15 for all of that; are your kidding?  Great food guys, I hope to eat your result sometime again.   Best of luck in the future.

I"m sure having the breakfast was a LOT more awesome than meeting Nunz.  

Thanks Mouse.....appreciate that...lolololololol

Flamer.jpg

Wow.......

"sons of iron skillet"

crew names like "baked" "stew" "chili" "burger" "frey",blake & nunzio....booze talkin now....ish

Archived