Thanks D7 for an amazing last ride for the year!!!

extreme600

Some pics from our last ride of the season in Muskoka.  Another awesome job by all the clubs once again.  Thank you Muskoka Sno Bombers, Hill & Gully Riders, Du ya Wanna and ASC for an awesome day.  Trails were superb as usual.  Roads were fine in the morning, but were getting real bad by the afternoon.  Some times I hate the sun.  This was definitely the day I did NOT want to see the sun!!!  Great end to the season though.  THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn it, I can't upload pics again.  WTH am I doing wrong this time?  Finally some were uploaded.

post-21220-0-62641600-1426133891_thumb.jpgpost-21220-0-58095000-1426133904_thumb.jpgpost-21220-0-39371400-1426133915_thumb.jpgpost-21220-0-60234200-1426133927_thumb.jpgpost-21220-0-86700900-1426134079_thumb.jpg

post-21220-0-67216200-1426134268_thumb.jpg

trails still look ok,thx for update

Nice pics extreme, just what i needed to see with my morning coffee we are taking off in a hr for our final run of the year, I think , was going to fog 

the machine when i got back but might just wait ,you never know what mother nature may serve up 

Meeting nunz myself around 9 at Smiths Ultramar. May see you.

Nice pics and report.  To the riders heading out, have a great time and post conditions.

I was out last night, did a run up from Bracebridge to Port Sydney, and back. The D trail was in good shape and I did notice that the groomer was out last night in a couple of spots. I tried a new loop that I never tried before, going on trail 53 and 51. Didn't realize how much road running there was on those trails. Aside from the road, the trails are in good shape. I am hoping that the cold weather and snow forecasted for next week will happen.   

I tried a new loop that I never tried before, going on trail 53 and 51. Didn't realize how much road running there was on those trails.

Does anyone recall the OFSC trail guides from 2 years ago? They had "hash marks" for trails that followed roads. Quite brilliant actually (like 14Snow, who pointed that out to me). Why have the new Guides moved away from delineating underlying conditions?

AND A GREAT REPORT e600. "Sun sucks" will be the oc.com mantra. :-P

Does anyone recall the OFSC trail guides from 2 years ago? They had "hash marks" for trails that followed roads. Quite brilliant actually (like 14Snow, who pointed that out to me). Why have the new Guides moved away from delineating underlying conditions?

Ask a Lawyer.    <giggle>      What do you bet that it falls into that "wonderful" bucket that OFSC calls  Risk Management.      The less they tell us the less they have to worry about.   No more specific trail conditions, clubs cannot post their own trail conditions on their websites, elimination of signs that more fully describe the trail ahead, and so on etc and so on........

AND A GREAT REPORT e600. "Sun sucks" will be the oc.com mantra. :-P

Excellent question. If you look at the D7 paper map there is a designation in the legend for trail on road that isn't used. I have been asked by some parents why it isn't used since they try to follow the rules with their 12 year old kids where they are not allowed to ride on roads legally. They set out on a ride only to find they hit a stretch of road. What do they do then? Take their chances or turn back. They would love to know this when planning a trip with their kids.

everything around Pt Sydney was in great shape today , things should be good untill Sunday , rds are completly toast now 

Had a good riding with Blake today around Port Sydney and surrounding .. Met up Muskoka Cat Guy and his buddy Steve, had a nice lunch at Cindys, heading out in the morning for a few hours ride..

Archived