C trail Gogama closed

Yamatario

I just saw tonight that 39km of C  trail between Shinning tree and Gogama is closed. Anybody know why?

Huh?  I looked at the Interactive Map around 5ish and it was Green. 

Thinking of running from Suds to Gowganda next week.

Hopefully someone chimes in!

In the food and lodging forum, there is a thread  regarding Shining Tree camp. Read post #3 in that thread. Might be the answer to your question.

Just heard back from TATA and logging company plowed the road bare for 25km. Their only hope now is some fresh snow.

Good thing we've rerouted and only planned on running from PS and up to Suds for their loops.  

Just heard back from TATA and logging company plowed the road bare for 25km. Their only hope now is some fresh snow.

Thanks for nothing.

It could affect fuel deliveries to Gogama & the Mattagami FN. The train is blocking Hwy 144 south of the 661 jct. I imagine deliveries could come down from the north.

We encountered a fuel shortage @ D'ville 1 trip due to Hwy 17 being closed.

The C trail from Hwy. 560 North is plowed for 39 km. right to the gravel.  They are still working there and will be for a while.  Everybody here still has gas and plenty of it.  But you can't get to Timmins unless you use an unsanctioned trail.

The C trail from Hwy. 560 North is plowed for 39 km. right to the gravel.  They are still working there and will be for a while.  Everybody here still has gas and plenty of it.  But you can't get to Timmins unless you use an unsanctioned trail.

may the fleas of a thousand camels infect their crotch and their arms be to short to reach 

may the fleas of a thousand camels infect their crotch and their arms be to short to reach 

Snow lice season eh?

Well since C trail was closed we decided to drop at at Garson and head east on C trail toward North bay. We were about 10 kliks passes the rr bridge and got stopped by the OPP at the road crossing. The first guy surprised them as they were writing up a speeding ticket to them. They distracted him long enough that the first guy got by them. I was 2nd and got nailed for 96 in a 50. I make I kept him between me and the rest of the group behind me so he couldn't get a lock on them. Anyways $110.00 later. Pass me off!

Well since C trail was closed we decided to drop at at Garson and head east on C trail toward North bay. We were about 10 kliks passes the rr bridge and got stopped by the OPP at the road crossing. The first guy surprised them as they were writing up a speeding ticket to them. They distracted him long enough that the first guy got by them. I was 2nd and got nailed for 96 in a 50. I make I kept him between me and the rest of the group behind me so he couldn't get a lock on them. Anyways $110.00 later. Pass me off!

a fine welcome is it not 

Sounds like the same place we were nailed "D" trail north of River Valley.  Nailed me for 105 in a "50"..Really???  50 there?  Is that possible?  They said they "had some complaints"; from who, the moose?  I sent mine back, option 3, discuss with the prosecutor.  There is a thread about this in the Off Topic Forum.

Sounds like the same place we were nailed "D" trail north of River Valley.  Nailed me for 105 in a "50"..Really???  50 there?  Is that possible?  They said they "had some complaints"; from who, the moose?  I sent mine back, option 3, discuss with the prosecutor.  There is a thread about this in the Off Topic Forum.

the moose is on the loose 

Let us know how the discussion with the Crown's Prosecutor went?

the moose is on the loose

Ever run into a stubborne one before? Not much fun at all. Sure glad I wasn't riding a red sled or it might have charged me! Maybe that's what the cops need, then they wouldn't come back.

Usually no problem if everyone stays cool.

Archived