A102q

apex_gt

It sure was rough last week! 

what is the distance from where the nbsc groomer stops  to Temiscaming

The north bay side was waaaaaaay fun..such a great roller coaster ride..be nice to somehow have nbsc do the whole trail as I don't think the French have much interest in it...which is weird cause the sled tourism should be important to temiscaming...I think that's my favourite trail around here..

• 10 months later...

Be advised that Les Voyageurs Sur Neige des Temiscaming have taken over the easterly 12 Kms of A102Q from the Big Jocko River ice crossing to the Orrawa River at Temiscaming. It will be FCMQ Trail 63.

NBSC has packed this section as per our Agreement and the Quebec Club intends to groom it once per week.

They indicated that it will be groomed prior to this coming weekend when it is Quebec Free Trails Weekend.

That's awesome... I love that trail

We heard that aqC Club did Big Jocko River to McConnell Lake Road but had to pull out to deal with Wednesday night snow and freezing rain.

Free Weekend traffic was apparently heavy on QC side and trails were rough.

NBSC groomed to Big Jocko River yesterday.

Note road plowed for about 8-9 Kms east from ONR railway crossing but no issues reported.

We heard that aqC Club did Big Jocko River to McConnell Lake Road but had to pull out to deal with Wednesday night snow and freezing rain.

Free Weekend traffic was apparently heavy on QC side and trails were rough.

NBSC groomed to Big Jocko River yesterday.

Note road plowed for about 8-9 Kms east from ONR railway crossing but no issues reported.

We rode the A102Q trail yesterday from NB308 to the A.  Plowed section is fine.  Still love that trail  Even with the plowed section it was an 8/10 plowed section and 12/10 balance.  Thanks again Brian.  Took your advice yesterday and did 150 mile trip !!!  Great job North Bay and Bonfield clubs

Have you rode NB308 from A102Q to A112A, our best trail, but A112A sucks due to plowing, but we groomed to Mica Mine yesterday.

Wife and I are in North Bay Sunday and Monday. Clarion Hotel.

Will take AD north to A102Q to NB308 south (thanks 14 Snow and Brian!). When we hit A112A --- is the logging west or east of that intersection? Or throughout?

Very tempted to continue south to Tallon Lake and make our way over to Dinner Bell for lunch.

Then back to hotel via BF 201.

If too cold will reverse this track and make the frigid morning route shorter : Clarion-Trout Lake-BF201-Dinner Bell.

Then afternoon counterclockwise to hotel: Dinner Bell-Talon Lake-NB 308-East on A102Q-South on AD to Clarion.

Thaw out.

Canuck, highly recommend taking the Talon Lake BF201 option and making your way to Dinner Bell where Deb will look after you.

The AD - A102Q - NB308 - A112A - BF201 - A - A1 Loop is highly recommended by me.

Gives you everything, pipeline, bush twisties, wide a Forest Access Roads, lake running and only a few road crossings.

Enjoy, let me know how it went, still very cold on Sunday.

Portage Sledder Appreciation Day Monday at noon at The Portage.

Say hello, I will have yellow Trail Patrol vest and orange toque.

Brian

Canuck, highly recommend taking the Talon Lake BF201 option and making your way to Dinner Bell where Deb will look after you.

The AD - A102Q - NB308 - A112A - BF201 - A - A1 Loop is highly recommended by me.

Gives you everything, pipeline, bush twisties,

wide a Forest Access Roads, lake running and only a few road crossings.

Enjoy, let me know how it went, still very cold on Sunday.

Portage Sledder Appreciation Day Monday at noon at The Portage.

Say hello, I will have yellow Trail Patrol vest and orange toque.

Brian

That is an awesome loop. Scenery on the 308 is awesome. Northbay area does have amazing terrain. Can you say where abouts the plowing starts and stops on the trail over to mattawa?

West section of A2 and A112A east to about 8 Kms west of Mica Mine plowed as shown in attached photo.

Total 33 Kms or thereabouts.

Remember I drive a 20 year old sled and am 68 years old so brutal to me is a piece of cake to the newer sleds, so I'm told anyway.

After Mica Mine to Mattawa, A112A is beautiful, staked trail across Mattawa River.

Get gas at Mr. Gas then go down sidewalk past school for 2 blocks to Myrt's Restaurant, great food.

Return to Mr. Gas, cross highway 17 and bear left on A112A and 20 Kms to A trail.

Brian

NBSC

post-21132-0-35247200-1455479004_thumb.png

Cold day. Short trips to stay warm. We went from Clarion to Trout Lake via Mr Gas. 700 series. Portage for soup. Then back onto Trout Lake and to Bonfield for coffee. South via Astorville and D north to 700 series to Lake Nipissing. Looped back to hotel.

Your route tomorrow. Can't wait. If we're near the Portage will drop by. Thanks for the assistance.

We had a great afternoon at The Portage this afternoon.

Probably 200 sleds or more through there this afternoon.

Most people are just happy to be out.

wRT A102Q I am told Temiscaming Club have been unable to groom eastern 12 Kms from Big Jocko ice crossing to Ottawa River and it is rough.

We had a great afternoon at The Portage this afternoon.

Probably 200 sleds or more through there this afternoon.

Most people are just happy to be out.

wRT A102Q I am told Temiscaming Club have been unable to groom eastern 12 Kms from Big Jocko ice crossing to Ottawa River and it is rough.

Brian is it passable I believe that is the trail we are taking to Temiscaming wednesday ?????? we are booked at the Tem Rose

Yes it certainly is passable and safe.

The last 12 Kms will be mogul end with heavy traffic from last weekend.

We groomed AD this p.m. Up to A102Q.

North Groomer will likely go out again tomorrow north on AD, east on A102Q to NB308 then 50-50 on continuing on A102Q or doing NB308.

Yes it certainly is passable and safe.

The last 12 Kms will be mogul end with heavy traffic from last weekend.

We groomed AD this p.m. Up to A102Q.

North Groomer will likely go out again tomorrow north on AD, east on A102Q to NB308 then 50-50 on continuing on A102Q or doing NB308.

Thanks for the up-date if everything goes well we should be be in the area wednesday night

Greg

Archived