Riding from Bayview Wildwood Tues Wed.

GrizzlyGriff

WhiskyWizard and I are riding from Bayview Wildwood on Sparrow Lake Tues and Wed.  Any weekday riders welcome to join.  Blake and RavineRat, let us know if you can make it and where a good meet up place would be.

What time will you be sledding tomorrow?

Anytime after breakfast......9 or 9 30 ish I guess.  We are flexible.  What's good for you?

I might be around. I live 5 mins from there. 

I just got back from Bracebridge, trails are mint.

Good news.  Sent you a PM with my contact info and location

Thinking a run on the old trail out of here through long lake and over to six mile lake and down through gloucester pool may be a good plan.

I'm open on Wed. I could trailer to Swift Rapids and either run over or meet you at Swift Rapids. I'm up for anything.

RR

Why not trailer here...parking good place to get dressed etc.  I will PM you location and phone #.

I just got off the phone with GrizzlyGriff. I am going to sled from Gravenhurst tomorrow morning, to meet with him and WhiskyWhizard at 915 at Bayview Wildwood.

Our planned route from there is westward across Matchedash Lake to B105, then up to 17 to Swift Rapids Lock. From there we're going west on 12 to 14, to 15, to C, then northward via 11C, 11B, and 11A to rejoin C, then north to C101D. At that junction we're going to wend toward Gravenhurst using as many lakes as possible, with some travel on C101D. I will stop at Gravenhurst for my nap, while the hardcore sledders continue down 15 to Sparrow Lake and back to Bayview Wildwood.

We would welcome anyone who is able to join us somewhere along the route, or any comments about our planned route.

Sounds like a great day. Sorry I can't make Tues. hopfully there will be some steam left for a Wed. Run.

RR

Let's hope so. I might be worn out by then but GrizzlyGriff is a bear. Haven't met WhiskyWizard yet, but if he's hanging around with Grizz, he must be able to keep up the pace.

We enjoyed our cruise out of Bayview Wildwood today.

Local trail guide Steve came with us to put us to the test with some ideas about non-sacntioned trails that haven't been forgotten.

Here he is squished between WhiskyWizard and GrizzlyGriff.

post-22473-0-32622100-1424817906_thumb.jpg

Steve took this photo of me, GG and WW on top of the Swift Rapids lock.

post-22473-0-56127600-1424817943_thumb.jpg

We stopped at the Bala Falls Pub for a very good lunch. We loved their carrot and ginger soup.

We enjoyed our cruise out of Bayview Wildwood today.

Local trail guide Steve came with us to put us to the test with some ideas about non-sacntioned trails that haven't been forgotten.

Here he is squished between WhiskyWizard and GrizzlyGriff.

attachicon.gif20150224_100640.jpg

Steve took this photo of me, GG and WW on top of the Swift Rapids lock.

attachicon.gif20150224_102047.jpg

We stopped at the Bala Falls Pub for a very good lunch. We loved their carrot and ginger soup.

spot any deer along the way? The guy who operates the dam at Swift Rapids likes to feed them in front of his house.

No deer today, just some work crews at the lock and on B105 south of the lock.

Ravine Rat showed up today to turn us into the Four OC Amigos.

I met the gentlemen on Muldrew Lake, then we headed up Lake Muskoka for a photo op overlooking the lake.

post-22473-0-14352400-1424907626_thumb.jpg

We were Five OC Amigos for a few minutes, while I spoke with WildBill on the telephone, for some expert advice about an Arctic Cat with no electrical power. Once again the advice was bang on, and we were mobile within minutes.

We cruised freshly groomed trails to Northland Rec so WhiskyWizard could chat with his buddy. We also bumped into BlakeSnowcrest, who works at Northland. We continued toward 37 until we encountered a young fellow out on a demo ride, who manged to get himself stuck in a soft ditch. Ravine Rat gave us an authentic demo of how to un-bury a sled, and everyone was soon back on the trails.

Lunch was at Cindy's Café in Port Sydney, and everyone was pleased as usual. After some road running and more mint trails, we stopped to inspect Pete Z's warm-up shack on B Trail. GrizzlyGriff, Ravine Rat and WhiskyWizard were just as energetic as they had been at the start of the day:

post-22473-0-32074800-1424908031_thumb.jpg

We raced along B and some "unofficial" routes until we eventually landed at Summerland Store for the last trail stop of the day. We weren't there long, but heard a rumour about STG heading out on a secret voyage tomorrow, to Points East.

Blake G, WhiskyWizard, GrizzlyGriff, Ravine Rat:

post-22473-0-04329800-1424908155_thumb.jpg

I parted ways with the guys in the middle of Kahshe Lake, and we confirmed later that everyone had finished the trip safely. Here's to another successful day on the trails.

Great post and glad you guys had a nice ride. Love the communication between you guys. Glad to hear everyone informed each other when they arrived home safely. AWESOME guys.

Holy big wind shields, mirrors and muffs. Looks like a serious old man ride.J/K  :rotflmao:   A stuck sled.... Don must have been in his glory when he seen that.  Im up at the cottage all next week we should try and get out for a ride RR if your not working. 

Thanks for posting the travelogue Blake. It was a great day. Sorry to tell you this, but it was good even after we left you on Kahshe L. The route you suggested was fantastic!

It was an awsome day and trails were perfect. Got to run my new Renegade (to me) up Lake Moskoka in 8" of powder. Playing in the tight and twisty. Did my initiation in the "lets blow the corner club". Ok well twice but don't think anyone saw the second. Yup, the kid sure was stuck. Love getting people unstuck and showing him how easy it was. Not sure what his plan B was if we didn't happen along. Thanks for being the tour guide Blake. as usual you did a great job. What a great crew to ride with and I haver never eaten so much snow dust.

Hy Revester it's back to work on Fri. Been off for a week and all good things have to come to an end. I was up fishing with our buddy yesterday. Have fun up at the camp. I'd to get up there before the season ends.

RR

It was an awsome day and trails were perfect. Got to run my new Renegade (to me) up Lake Moskoka in 8" of powder. Playing in the tight and twisty. Did my initiation in the "lets blow the corner club". Ok well twice but don't think anyone saw the second. Yup, the kid sure was stuck. Love getting people unstuck and showing him how easy it was. Not sure what his plan B was if we didn't happen along. Thanks for being the tour guide Blake. as usual you did a great job. What a great crew to ride with and I haver never eaten so much snow dust.

Hy Revester it's back to work on Fri. Been off for a week and all good things have to come to an end. I was up fishing with our buddy yesterday. Have fun up at the camp. I'd to get up there before the season ends.

RR

Did you catch any? Haven't talked to him in a year. I should see if the old man wants to take a rip up one day to bug him. 

Slow day. We had the Bravos out. He doesn't travel far. He was asking about your Dad.

RR

Yup, the kid sure was stuck. Love getting people unstuck and showing him how easy it was. Not sure what his plan B was if we didn't happen along.

RR

That was a good lesson for me RR. Much appreciated.

That was a good lesson for me RR. Much appreciated.

What the heck!! You mean to tell me that Blake didn't get that one on video for us? Or does money talk$$ LOL

You know we could ALL use a lesson on how to get out.

Archived