e108 rail bed to lindsay

dan39

I agree, they dont like to goom much at all.

Whats the problem. other clubs are grooming every night. They groom like once every two weeks. wheres the money going....

I agree I have been sledding this area for the last 10 years and they are the worst groomed trails I have ever been on!

ever time I have sledded this area there has never been any grooming. 6 foot snow drifts..

5 years to 10 years from one post to the other,what is it 5 or 10.

so no idea why so little grooming?

do you know for a fact how many times per week it gets groomed? I lived on afarm in that area and I remember when it was windy one end of the lane drifting in before I was done clearing the other end of the lane and still blue sky 

we were on there today and it was very rough , luckily we were not on them for long < we doubled back onto ppsc trails / night and day i tell you , ppsc does some premium work on there trails ! 

we were on there today and it was very rough , luckily we were not on them for long < we doubled back onto ppsc trails / night and day i tell you , ppsc does some premium work on there trails ! 

the last time I rode the area (about 1 year ago exactly), it was the exact opposite.  I launched from Uxbridge and went east to hook up with the PPSC trails and they hadn't seen a groomer in a while, almost unridable.  Yet the HOO trails were groomed, and I even had fresh tracks from fenelon sw down through blackstock and cannington.

I assume they need some new blood, the issue is this club doesn't get much snow most years and is lucky to have open trails for 4 weeks, so its very hard to find people to even operate a groomer (my best guess).  They probably need some new blood, as many other clubs do as well.

x2 on the B nice, been a tough go this year.. I know I'm going to get in trouble for this, but part of me would not be sad if it warmed up!!

It's been a long/short winter!!

LIVIN'

Cross posting, Sledjunk =Legend

LIVIN'

x2 on the B nice, been a tough go this year.. I know I'm going to get in trouble for this, but part of me would not be sad if it warmed up!!

It's been a long/short winter!!

LIVIN'

Heading your way on Sunday for a ride from Huntsville through Haliburton then up to the Cookhouse for lunch, looking forward to a ride in my old stomping grounds near Eagle/Moose Lakes...

Nunz, the one in Harcourt is closed, the diner in Wilberforce is open. let me know if you need more info.

LIVIN'

Nunz, the one in Harcourt is closed, the diner in Wilberforce is open. let me know if you need more info.

LIVIN'

We are planning on going to the one at Haliburton Forest base camp. Going to do the lakes run back to Huntsville.. Thanks for the info though...

Sorry,wrong cookhouse.

LIVIN'

• 2 weeks later...

Twice a season and once is in summer imo.  Man what a trail wreck it was Saturday and Sunday.  Port Perry was freshly groomed for Sunday morning and was great for a last Southern Ontario run.

Archived