Boarder crossing

snowmanII

Thanks for the info. last year they kept saying in 2008 you had to have a passport

Yes, that was the date. And they move the date from time to time. I think it is June '08 now. Or they moved it later again. :?

I think it is Jan. 1/09 now. It still is a lot easier to cross with a Passport.

Not for me it's not.......has something to do with "status" landed immigrant "from where"

Belfast Northern Ireland.......they usually take a few step's back and keep looking under the vehicle :shock:

I think it is Jan. 1/09 now. It still is a lot easier to cross with a Passport.

Not for me it's not.......has something to do with "status" landed immigrant "from where"

Belfast Northern Ireland.......they usually take a few step's back and keep looking under the vehicle :shock:

Well, I think it may have something to do with being 7' 8" 300lb :shock:

Belfast Northern Ireland.......they usually take a few step's back and keep looking under the vehicle

Don't know why this is... before the 'troubles' thankfully came to an end, the I.R.A. at least had the courtesy to phone someone to tell them a bomb was going off and the location...not like this current bunch of impolite so and so's....

You don't need one this winter, they keep delaying the date. However they are starting to ask for your passport at the bourder even though they will still take government issue photo ID. Do yourself a favor, get one ASAP. I've heard it takes up to 12 months in the U.S. for one. When I renewed my CDN passport it took 4 months. ;)

You don't need one this winter, they keep delaying the date. However they are starting to ask for your passport at the bourder even though they will still take government issue photo ID. Do yourself a favor, get one ASAP. I've heard it takes up to 12 months in the U.S. for one. When I renewed my CDN passport it took 4 months. ;)

seems aweful friendly doesn't it ? Osama paralyzed us with bigger beaurocracy :(

Belfast Northern Ireland.......they usually take a few step's back and keep looking under the vehicle

Don't know why this is... before the 'troubles' thankfully came to an end, the I.R.A. at least had the courtesy to phone someone to tell them a bomb was going off and the location...not like this current bunch of impolite so and so's....

slomo u are right....but since 9/11 it's a joke for me to cross the bridge and anyone with me,imo they are running scared and some people of different background's get screened a little better,been here 27yrs,Canada is my home,yes I know I should get of my ass and become a Canadian.

time line for getting a passport is way overblown. they told us 8-12 weeks mine show up in 10 days. best to jest get it and be done with it. no sense in planning a big trip then finding out they set a date in stone to require the passport, and now you cant get one in time and the trip is buggered. ski

If you're driving across, you're ok with Birth Certificate proof of citizenship. Passports not needed yet.

You will also need government-issued photo ID.

Hey Leprechaun,

Don't mean to change subject but are you up around the Britt area?? Just bought a place up there this summer, did some riding before Christmas. Just wondering if you are near there or not.

Yes but I am on the other side,been hanging out there mostly summer for about 20+yrs,I am on the other side of Rabbit Island opposite St Almant's.

Sammy

Thanks for all the info. My wife had to update her passport and they told her 6-8 weeks unless we pay an additional $200 then it would be 10 days. I guess if you pay enough you can get anything faster....nice.

Archived