Groomer Operator Drinking Beer at Spectacle Lake Lodge

Smellybox

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before jumping to conclusions, you have to have all the facts. He was not actually operating the groomer while you were there. Perhaps he had completed a long run and was waiting for a replacement groomer and a ride back. I have seen this many times. I agree that your concerns are valid, but care needs to be taken before condemning someone on social media. 

Before jumping to conclusions, you have to have all the facts. He was not actually operating the groomer while you were there. Perhaps he had completed a long run and was waiting for a replacement groomer and a ride back. I have seen this many times. I agree that your concerns are valid, but care needs to be taken before condemning someone on social media.

X2

Exactly. I would ask the person if he is done grooming first of all. Which he probably was. Let's hope anyways.

And if so, well deserved  :) 

By law, the same rules are on the trail as on the road. Drinking and have an alcohol of more then 0.5 isn't allowed on the road and also not on the trail. Drinking 3 large glasses of beer in 1 hour and 15 minutes brings for most people the alcohol above the limit. Both cases not right.

Thanks,

Greg

Get the facts and notify the appropriate club and district office and let them deal with it. I certainly don't condone drinking and driving but I also don't believe that this should be posted on a public forum.

Another example from keeping the groomer run while on a break to get more grooming hours........

Thanks,

Greg

Or maybe  to be sure it will run(with the cold we've been having  or maybe so you don't have to wait 15 minutes for it to defrost when you go out to start again. Anyway, I thought (stand to be corrected)with the GPS system you only get paid if its moving.

Seeing as the OP has taken steps, I think it's time that this discussion be closed.

This thread is open again.. Any updates on this situation?

I have witnessed the same thing before and it was a regular ritual for the groomer that I seen drinking at a bar (I asked the bartender why the groomer was drinking beer)..

This thread is open again.. Any updates on this situation?

I have witnessed the same thing before and it was a regular ritual for the groomer that I seen drinking at a bar (I asked the bartender why the groomer was drinking beer)..

And what was the answer?

I have to admit I am very surprised that the Lodge in question would serve him knowing that he was grooming, I would think the liability issues arising in the event of something happening as a licensed establishment that they would not have served him. I very much like the lodge in question and have stayed there many times over the years.  I can only imagine the field day the media would have if there had been an incident arising from this situation.  

Talked to district this AM on other matters and asked if he was aware of this, was told yes and the club is dealing with it. I may hear back from them on the outcome. They did receive an email as OP stated earlier.

LIVIN'

I have to admit I am very surprised that the Lodge in question would serve him knowing that he was grooming, I would think the liability issues arising in the event of something happening as a licensed establishment that they would not have served him. I very much like the lodge in question and have stayed there many times over the years.  I can only imagine the field day the media would have if there had been an incident arising from this situation.  

Do we know for certain that the Operator continued to operate the Groomer after consuming multiple Beers? 

Lets stick to the facts and be careful because if this is a misunderstanding and I was the Groomer Operator in question, I wouldn't be impressed.

Ok first this is my opinion only .

This is a prime case of putting things out there on the web that should again in my opinion have be handled differently.

First and foremost  It does not matter what it is nothing should be operated impaired by alcohol or drugs.

But here is my problem if I observed someone consuming that amount of alcohol the least and responsible thing to have done is to approach the person and advise them that it is unacceptable .You can also pick up your phone and call it in.  If you sit back and do nothing in my eyes it makes you responsible as well if anything were to have happened , if you just sat back and did nothing .

The other problem I have is what something like this will do to a fine place like spectacle lake lodge don't think for a second that the L.C.B.O will not be at there door now with posts like this. Just something like this could cause a small business to close its doors.

Again if it happened its  unacceptable ,let the proper people investigate and solve this.

Agreed I second that old sledhead.

Not a place for this post!!!!!!!! and should have been dealt with differently or as stated above.

why don't you mind your own business...

Yamadoo, you are obviously pretty new to this forum. Everyone here is entitled to express their opinion and that has worked well for this forum for many years. While we don't always agree, we don't make comments like yours when we don't agree with a post. There are other forums that will accept that type of comment and if you like, please PM me and i will gladly provide their site addresses for you.

I agree totally with your comments. I don't believe that anyone posting here actually said they saw him operating the groomer after drinking. Supposition does not prove guilt.

Talked to district this AM on other matters and asked if he was aware of this, was told yes and the club is dealing with it.

LIVIN'

That's good news. Hopefully the situation has been taken care of and it won't happen again.. Thanks for the update..

Administrators - I agree that this is not the proper forum (pardon the pun).  We do not know that facts.  Not fair to everyone else mentioned.   I support it being removed,.

That being said, I do not condone drinking and driving/working.

Archived