Zrtkat reporting from Dubreuilville

zrtkat

Yes I said Dubreuilville LOL. we had to shorten our day because of our late start this morning due to a crew member not feeling well,he went to the ER hospital in Hearst,what a adventure the lady taken care of him told him he was not sick he walked in ok, you look ok just leave and take plenty of liquids and get rest ,he told her he is up here snowmobiling she did not care told him it takes 10 days to get over a cold ,tried desperately to talk him out of it.

So anyways the doctor was much better than the receptionist, he checked him out and said Bronchites, well he is doing a little better tonight the crew was happy we shortened the day.

We are at the Relais-Magpie-relay it is a nice place the lady shuttled us down to the restuarant and picked us up,very satisfied so far with this place,we had trouble getting gas at the lumber yard ,closed when we got there, read the instructions how to use a card tried no luck ,guy pulled in to get gas,he called the guy and he came back and got us gas for sleds, happy about that they do not open till 1pm every day.

we had awesome trails again today from hearst all the way to Dubreuilville, freshly groomed trails all the way very little traffic all the way here maybe seen 10 sleds all day.we stopped in Hornepayne ,went to uncles for soup and coffee,walter from the hornepayne snowmobile club came and had coffee with us nice guy.

We are heading back to Hearst tommorrow morning ,we have no choice but to return the same way so Zrtkat will take a few days off from his trail reporting unless something happens that I think you should know.

here are a few pics from today the trails cannot get any better than they are now,going to snow tonight and tommorrow so we will see what happens.

Goodnight from Dubreuilville

DSC_0018_zpsfgr8eza9.jpg

DSC_0020_zpsctx9vit1.jpg

DSC_0021_zps5yrhiugp.jpg

DSC_0022_zpskxhauy0y.jpg

DSC_0023_zpsdt4ywzwt.jpg

DSC_0025_zpsgshfmhpz.jpg

DSC_0026_zpsoqtwhzxo.jpg

DSC_0027_zpstbsptswj.jpg

Sweet!

It looks like Hearst s getting a subway afterall LOL

hope your bro gets better quick & enjoys rest of trip,great pics...you must have decent camera..trails look perfect.did you visit with luc while in doobieville...you guys gonna head thru timmins on way back ?

hope your bro gets better quick & enjoys rest of trip,great pics...you must have decent camera..trails look perfect.did you visit with luc while in doobieville...you guys gonna head thru timmins on way back ?

Glenn

just waking up this morning ,nice snowfall all night going to be dusty riding today back to hearst, we are going to go see Luc this morning to see if he has some octane booster ,only regular gas here. Yes when we leave Cochrane Friday morning we are going to go thru Timmins have not been on those trails for a while.

Brother starting to feel a little better ,he will survive the trip 

checking weather for thursday -13 high OMG going to be cold riding thursday

have a great day

Greg

DSC_0029_zpsj29g9b3m.jpg

OK - so what was the issue at the pumps?

Didn't like the Yankee card or just not holding your mouth right?

I hate flat light!

Greg, how has the sled traffic been?

Greg, how has the sled traffic been?

Revrnd

The traffic has been low,today we never seen a sled coming at us on the trail all the way to hearst,at the restuarant there was a bunch there but sled traffic has been low,good time to get up here and ride.

Was good to see you guys today. I hope the octane booster did the trick.

It was good to see you also Big Reg,the octane booster worked fine 

Thanks

Greg

Hi zrtcat,

I had my octane warning come on last weekend with my first tank of gas in Quebec.  I forgot my octane booster so I added a little 2-stroke oil.  Seems to also work.

It was cold and now getting colder again.

You will like Auld Reekie (Old Smokey).  One of my favorites.

Have a nice ride.

Scott

Hi zrtcat,

I had my octane warning come on last weekend with my first tank of gas in Quebec.  I forgot my octane booster so I added a little 2-stroke oil.  Seems to also work.

It was cold and now getting colder again.

You will like Auld Reekie (Old Smokey).  One of my favorites.

Have a nice ride.

Scott

Scott 

We had a change of plans my brother is still sick so we where cutting our trip by 1 day so we had to cancel auld reekie for the night ,we had planned to go to cochrane today ,then head to new liskeard on saturday, well things change 25 miles out of hearst, Scotts sled locked up , we dragged it to the highway,lucky for us the Groomer From Mattice was coming bye he called the Arctic-cat shop in Hearst they came and picked the sled up and now they are tearing it apart to make sure they have all the parts to repair,will know later this afternoon if it is repairable.

So we are back at the Companion hotel for the night and will have to go to plan b if the sled is not repairable ,if they do not have the parts,we might be looking for a ride to New Liskeard, 

The Arctic-cat shop here seems to know what they are doing ,good shop , so far he needs a chaincase the bearings in chaincase went bad,they have the chaincase ,now if they have the gears we will be back to riding tommorrow.

Greg,Scott,Gary

Revrnd

The traffic has been low,today we never seen a sled coming at us on the trail all the way to hearst,at the restuarant there was a bunch there but sled traffic has been low,good time to get up here and ride.

Reinforces the feeling of being out in the middle of nowhere. On my 1st trip north. I couldn't get over the distance you could see from the height of land between D'ville & Hornepayne.

Reinforces the feeling of being out in the middle of nowhere. On my 1st trip north. I couldn't get over the distance you could see from the height of land between D'ville & Hornepayne.

Manitauwadge:

PaulAndyDerrelOnTopOfManitauwadge.jpg

Hornepayne:

HornepayneHydroline1.jpg

Uh .... North of 556, South of 101, West of 129, and East of 17:

TopOfOntario1.jpg

Marathon:

(This one is actually ON trail!)

NorthShoreHydrolineSuperior.jpg

Oh SWEET !!! I've seen the Manitouwadge one many a time, our usual Saturday afternoon ride included a ride up that hill with mom & dad up front & us 3 kids in a sleigh ... that poor Colt 295 worked its arse off !!!!

Oh SWEET !!! I've seen the Manitouwadge one many a time, our usual Saturday afternoon ride included a ride up that hill with mom & dad up front & us 3 kids in a sleigh ... that poor Colt 295 worked its arse off !!!!

They were tough . All the old sleds had amazing capabilities 

Found the pics from north of D'ville:

post-19781-0-24467400-1423847135_thumb.jpgpost-19781-0-35270300-1423847150_thumb.jpgpost-19781-0-36429800-1423847161_thumb.jpg

D108A north to Hornepayne

post-19781-0-87580400-1423847234_thumb.jpg

Centre Inn Feb' 2000

post-19781-0-06882200-1423847277_thumb.jpg

The next morning it was -29*F & we had to push a MXZ583 across the lot to free up the track.

Boy - that looks like my F chassis Grand Touring Doo in that pic.

2nd one on the other side of the rope.

But I don't remember ever parking on that side of the building. ???

Brian Revard had one too. Not sure if he still had it in 2000 or not.

• 1 month later...

Did anyone see our man Luc from Dubreville on TWN on the weekend? If the Weather Network isn't careful,then Luc will be taking their jobs.

I did not see it on TV.... I just sent it...   Was it my "Weather Slefie" in front of my Store?   I would do more if they asked....  :)

By the way Zrtcat,sorry to highjack your thread.

No harm done got to look at my pictures again it brings back great memories.

Greg

Hi Greg. Turkey season opens soon. Did you buy your tag yet?

Andrew

Archived