Trudy's Gas Closed

revrnd

As has been posted earlier, Trudy's gas on E106 just north of Gilmour is no longer a gas stop. Lots of concern about the distance between Bancroft & Cloyne. I used the routing tool on the ITG & came up w/ 104 klicks.

(Bancroft) B106E > E > E106 > 950 (Limerick & Mephisto lakes) > 960 > 1009 > 1009A (Sheldrake Lake) > 1009 > E101 (Cloyne)

Apsley to Cloyne via Coe Hill > 146 klicks

If you were coming from the south is the gas station in Madoc @ the 7 & 62 jct accessible from the trail?

As has been posted earlier, Trudy's gas on E106 just north of Gilmour is no longer a gas stop. Lots of concern about the distance between Bancroft & Cloyne. I used the routing tool on the ITG & came up w/ 104 klicks.

(Bancroft) B106E > E > E106 > 950 (Limerick & Mephisto lakes) > 960 > 1009 > 1009A (Sheldrake Lake) > 1009 > E101 (Cloyne)

which is no big deal as long as you have no closures at either end 

which is no big deal as long as you have no closures at either end 

3 gas stations in Bancroft.

I know there's a Petrocan in Cloyne/Northbrook. I'm thinking there is another station (a Woods) in either Cloyne or Northbrook (was a Cat dealer in the past).

A post on FS that someone got gas there today.

• 2 weeks later...

they seem to have a water in there gas problem maybe due to not having fuel all the time some reported there sleds shut down after getting fuel last week  Tinker was one I will no longer trust there fuel for now

they seem to have a water in there gas problem maybe due to not having fuel all the time some reported there sleds shut down after getting fuel last week  Tinker was one I will no longer trust there fuel for now

Some stations use to add water to dilute fuel to increase profits. Hope that is not what is going on here. Thanks for the heads up.

Coe Hill gas station re-opening Mar 5 or 6th apparently. 

Some ministry approvals to get done then back in biz !

Trail no longer goes through the station but can access by same road trail top E used to use along back side of town. 

They must only be getting a limited delivery of gas if sledders can empty their tanks in a weekend. Before they closed up south of Apsley in 2011, the XTR was on a COD basis w/ their supplier. W/ the Shell in Apsley closed due to their fire, the XTR was constantly running out of gas.

Trudys sold out of gas today (Sat) both premium and regular,

don't know if they had any since Thurs. 

Can't count on them for sure

that is a shame good to hear about them being busy hope that they can make better supplier arrangements 

• 1 year later...

From FS today:

They were back to running out of gas or refusing to pump it on the w/end and no credit cards, I'll drive to Madoc or Coe Hill before I give them a nickel.

Limerick Lodge is selling gas, he's asking for peeps to: Please call 613-474-2144 ext 3 and I will meet you at the fuel pump down by the lake. 

I haven't been over to Coe Hill yet this season, but apparently TOP E has been rerouted to go pass the gas station in addition to The Hideaway restaurant.

2 minutes ago, revrnd said:

From FS today:

I haven't been over to Coe Hill yet this season, but apparently TOP E has been rerouted to go pass the gas station in addition to The Hideaway restaurant.

I was through there the weekend of the BBQ and the old E was back through Coe Hill. Some changes north of the gas station to the old 630 intersection.

Trudys open got gas there yesterday, they were out of regular so I believe they were rationing regular on weekend. 

I barely trust their gas so we pay ($1.39) for premium hoping it is more trustworthy. 

They take cash or debit not new they have been that way for awhile. 

Was told gas comes Tuesdays and Thursdays. 

Archived