**** Trail Closure ****

Big Reg

Notice

The D trail between Dubreuilville and Hawk Junction

Will close for the season on march 18, 2008 at 12:00 am (midnight)

The logging Company is schedule to plow the road Wednesday Morning March 19, 2008

The F trail will remain open with a re route and a few km on the road

please stay on trail and when ridding on road stay on your side and slow down there will be logging truck working

buny and i were thinking about comming up this weekend (maybe). please get as much info on the closure and reroute as you can. if the trail from dub to the F trail is closed and we cant get to missanbi for an ernie burger fries, choclate milk and cabbage soup :puke: i will be bummed and may have to change our plans. also would like info on the lakes from ernies to wawa, dog, manitouwak, hawk and wawa lakes. i havent done that run in a while, figure it would be nice this time of year. ski

the F trail will remain open, the re route was packed last week and they calling for 10 to 15 cm of snow Tuesday.

Dog lake is safe where we have marker but I don't know about the other part of it. Wawa lake was good when I was on it last Thursday.

When are you going to be here? where are you staying?

Dog Lk is marked from the East end to the "D" get off. Halfway across the lake, when the stakes turn toward the north, there are smaller stakes that guide you past the first island on your left. Once past the island, ride in a straight line to the southwest end of Dog Lk.

Once there, you'll see a rabbit hole sized portage across 1 1/2 miles of land til you pop out on Manitowik Lk. I'd suggest staying right down the middle, heading toward the narrows. Once thru the narrows, head toward the fishing shacks at the other end.

Just past them there are poles to guide you off the lake and onto the trail to Hawk Junction.

Manitowik's water level had dropped, causing water to come up onto the edges and creating slush. It made my guys nervous as it was getting dark, that's why I'd suggest the middle. Rivers and streams don't flow into the middle, just the edges.

My 2 cents

reg, not sure if we are comming, no plans where to stay at this time. i thought i was getting monday off, and i cant. so, we are not sure if it is worth all the gas to drive up to ride for a day and a half. i really wanted to make to ernies this year and run manitouwak lake. i like that run when the slush isnt too bad. i'll know more later tonight or tomorrow. ski

Archived