Got stopped today

Dave K

For the first time in 5 years of sledding in D9/D5 I finally got stopped by an OPP.  They were just checking for permits, and our group of 7 were on our way in less than a minute.

We saw trail patrols out checking for passes today in bracebridge

Good to hear they are checking them everywhere. :right_on:

I had a lead sledder coming the other way ask me where my pass was today after crossing a road around palmerston area.  Pointed to it, (as was clearly on wind shield) and he apologized, and mentioned he hadn't yet seen the classic pass so didn't recognize it. :)  All good though, i always ride legit! 

Was walking my dog behind my property last week, on the OFSC trail ( I have permission from the land owner to do many things on his land) when upon us came an early 80's Citation.

The guy on the Citation stopped, waited for me to control my dog and slowly drove past.

I was not expecting to see a permit, but to my surprise, there it was.

I learned later he's a neighbor.

If you are conscientious enough to buy a permit for an 1980 citation I have no sympathy for anyone else.

Nice, I have no problem seeing OPP or STOP officers on the trails.

I have no problem seeing them either but if I am not driving like a racer and I have all my valtags permits etc in place do not stop me and do a ridiculous paper check. 

Was stopped twice yesterday on the Seguin riding back from sprucedale. Once by opp, then by save. Just checking permits and valtags.

twice on one trip becomes too much

Within 20 mins no less.

I really did not mind as we were off with 30 seconds.

at least that is good the issue is that the nimrods without permits just avoid the seguin and they are good to go

That is likely true.  The one save guy who stopped us after the OPP thought for sure I was without a permit on the Skidoo by his initial reaction and seemed pleasantly surprised when he realized it was all good.  The best method to stick that temporary permit to the windshield is another topic.

That is likely true.  The one save guy who stopped us after the OPP thought for sure I was without a permit on the Skidoo by his initial reaction and seemed pleasantly surprised when he realized it was all good.  The best method to stick that temporary permit to the windshield is another topic.

a great topic what a farce 

As much as the guy comes off as an ass hat, I do kinda see his point.

In my municipality the cost for OPP policing is out of control.

The coppers up here have a $150,000 boat to patrol the waters, (which my $10,000 Mariah will still out run easily) multiple snowmobiles to ride around on and tow vehicles etc.

The cost of enforcement is out of control IMO, as seen on my tax bill.

I don't want to see drunks on the water or snow, sledders should have permits, boaters should have the required equipment.

Maybe the fines need to reflect the cost of enforcement?

Make the scofflaws pay large.

Archived