Snowcrest Weekend Group Rides 2015

Blake G

02Sled: The 21st of February would not be the best because that is our Gravenhurst Winter Carnival weekend. We are having a Vintage Sled Display on Saturday and then we are doing a club ride on Sunday the 22nd to the Winter Carnival demolition derby. So how about February 28 if conditions are good.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Saturday, January 24th the Snowcrest Club Ride will leave from Muskoka Wharf at 10 and head for Bala and possibly Glen Orchard. We should be back by 2 or 3 in the afternoon. All sleds with permits are welcome to join in.

This Saturday, January 24th the Snowcrest Club Ride will leave from Muskoka Wharf at 10 and head for Bala and possibly Glen Orchard. We should be back by 2 or 3 in the afternoon. All sleds with permits are welcome to join in.

See you guys then at 10am at Muskoka Wharf. Glad that the ride is still on. This is one crummy winter so far.

I was wondering....  can't the Baxter Club members trailer over to Gravenhurst and the ride to someplace can still be memorable?

Cheers Blake for still putting this together  :cheers:

Blake just a heads up. MLSTA are doing some trail repair on c101d out towards Torrance. Installing a 20ft section of cordurouy through a swamp on Saturday.... Needs to be done for the groomer/drag to get through.

Blake just a heads up. MLSTA are doing some trail repair on c101d out towards Torrance. Installing a 20ft section of cordurouy through a swamp on Saturday.... Needs to be done for the groomer/drag to get through.

Thank you, Yukon. MLSTA contacted our club about this, which was a nice neighbourly head's up. They told me the approximate location of their planned Saturday work crew. The trail will still be passable at that spot, so we'll keep our eyes open on our trip out toward Bala and Glen Orchard. Several of Snowcrest's trails will be going green on the interactive guide today, including most of the route between Gravenhurst and Bala. Looking forward to a nice Saturday ride. In fact, I'm a gonna check out the route tomorrow morning. If anyone wants to tag along, let me know!

See you guys then at 10am at Muskoka Wharf. Glad that the ride is still on.

....  can't the Baxter Club members trailer over to Gravenhurst and the ride to someplace can still be memorable?

Baxter has re-jigged their route for Saturday so they can ride on available trails right from Port Severn. We'll see what we can do to reschedule for later in the winter. We are also hoping to see some Baxter folks at the Walker's Point Pancake Breakfast next weekend. And on the P.E.T. Ride on February 14th, one or more of the routes will likely tour from Gravenhurst through Port Severn and back. All rides are memorable!

Do you have to be a member of the Snowcrest club or can anyone go. Thanks.

Everyone is very welcome as long as they have trail permit, insurance, val tag. Look forward to seeing you Saturday morning if you can make it.

I will be riding either a black or white snowmobile with a flag sticking up.

Are there accomodations nearby or  close to trail that i can ride to departure point from.

This would be the best bet if they have availability. The ride will be leaving from their front door.

Residence Inn by Marriott

Special OFSC Rates • Onsite Staging Area

Trail C101D at Our Doorstep

Gravenhurst Muskoka Wharf • Reservations Call 1.866.580.6238

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/yqari-residence-inn-gravenhurst-muskoka-wharf/?corporateCode=W9P&toDate=&fromDate=&app=resvlink

Clicked on your link, the O.F.S.C special rate doesn't seem to apply at the Marriott.

Everyone is very welcome as long as they have trail permit, insurance, val tag.

ez there police chief

I will be riding either a black or white snowmobile with a flag sticking up.

watch for flag on trail within first 15 mins of ride..

just buggin you buddy,thx for getting these rides together for everyone...

Go to DEALS page and then scroll down to OFSC rates....

The discount code is already in his posted link. (Code W9P)

Thanks guys. Code worked.

Thank you, Yukon. MLSTA contacted our club about this, which was a nice neighbourly head's up. They told me the approximate location of their planned Saturday work crew. The trail will still be passable at that spot, so we'll keep our eyes open on our trip out toward Bala and Glen Orchard. Several of Snowcrest's trails will be going green on the interactive guide today, including most of the route between Gravenhurst and Bala. Looking forward to a nice Saturday ride. In fact, I'm a gonna check out the route tomorrow morning. If anyone wants to tag along, let me know!

Damn .. just saw this. I would of came up and rode the trails with you today .. 

The ride is still on for tomorrow, but having just returned from a test run to Bala, I recommend changing our destination tomorrow to Port Sydney. We will leave the starting point as the Wharf to keep things as simple as possible.

The trail to Bala is pretty low on snow, and a little bumpy in spots. It is passable, and everything humanly possible has been done by the groomer operators, but we need more snow in that area to make the riding great. The trail shows green on the ITG, but perhaps more of it should be shown as yellow.

D north to Port Sydney should be in much better shape, though it will get worn down as the day progresses. We went there last Saturday, and I am game to do a repeat. I was up the D and back on Wednesday with Grizzly Griff and Fire 242, and the trail was great. We will keep well to the right and be extra careful on the twisty corners north of Bracebridge. Destination will be the Ultramar. We should be back before 2. If some people want to sled farther, they will have a few options for breaking off from the group.

I will see the folks who show up at the Wharf just before 10.

Room is booked. See you in the morning.

UPDATE: Group Ride: Leaving Wharf at 10 as planned. Destination Bracebridge, then out to Summerland General Store for a coffee/snack. Total kms will be about 100.

I'm back at the Marriott right now. Just ate at Rombo's, good food, friendly staff. Went on a nice ride today with the snowcrest club, it was a little bumpy, but had a good day. Thanks to Blake for leading the way, great job. All of us southerners were up here looking for snow. I'm from Oshawa, one from Whitby one from Pickering and another from Scarborough. Just heading back to room, exhausted from all the bumps. Thanks again Blake, hope to make it back up again.

That would be great, Terry! Hopefully we'll have some cold and more snow!

Bumps seem to be everywhere this year. Just not enough snow to fill in the dips.

Thanks Blake for an awesome ride yesterday. GravenHurst to Ultramar was the usual snowmobile ride, a couple bumps, road running etc. But the memorable part was D south from GravenHurst. Can't forget the view from Hotdog point over 3 mile lake, running 3 mile lake and Kashe lake. I believe I left my eyeglasses at the food stop.

Back at Muskoka Wharf we ran the lake to a marina and back then loaded up for home.

Cheers to all for a memorable day.

Archived