Snowcrest Weekend Group Rides 2015

Blake G

Every weekend, weather permitting, we will depart from Gull Lake Rotary Park or the Muskoka Wharf (depending on the week) and return in the afternoon, with a brief snack stop part way through the ride. Each ride will depart promptly at the designated start time. Each ride will have a designated Lead Person and Tail Person. The rides will be at a “family oriented” pace. If part of the group wants to ride more quickly – – the main group can meet them at the destination.

Click the link to see our Weekly Ride Schedule:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yAvrOJNB2N25Ue-eJlzyv0Upsd8T43-rlWjpEoygifI/edit#gid=0

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our first weekly club ride is departing tomorrow morning at 10 a.m. from Gull Lake Rotary Park. It will be a fairly short 90 km round trip up to Port Sydney and back. We plan to stop for a few minutes at Henrietta's Bakery in Port Sydney for a snack. Might have a preliminary coffee at the Coffee Station across from Gull Lake before leaving. Lots of restaurants on the trail in Gravenhurst if people are hungry or thirsty after the ride. All are welcome to come along. A low key affair.

If you're looking for me, I'll be riding a black Arctic Cat touring sled, with an orange flag for identification.

Hope to see some OC'ers on tomorrow's ride as well as our later rides!

post-22473-0-48586600-1421413091_thumb.jpg

Here's a link to our ride schedule:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yAvrOJNB2N25Ue-eJlzyv0Upsd8T43-rlWjpEoygifI/edit#gid=0

make sure that flag doesn't come loose,have a great ride...

Yes. Thanks for picking up my flag when it fell off this week. I think it was the only time you were behind me.

Out first Club Ride was a success. We had only four sleds, but it was an enjoyable first outing. Thank you to participants Jennifer Sanderson, Doug Tiller, Todd Tiller, and Club Director Glen Debes. Looking forward to having more participants in next week's January 24th Snowcrest and Baxter Two Club Ride from the Muskoka Wharf to North of Mactier. Departing from the Wharf at 10 a.m. sharp. Meeting Baxter out Bala way.

have fun guys great idea

X2 thanks for organizing these trips

Baxter will be riding from the Brissette House (local tourism office) on Lone Pine Rd. at 10:00 am and meeting our great neighbours from Snowcrest at the intersection of C and C101D then riding on from there as a combined group. A great opportunity for everyone to meet and ride with people they wouldn't likely otherwise have an opportunity to.

Our departure point -  Exit 156 off the 400 north bound. At the stop sign straight ahead is Lone Pine Rd. (right on C trail) Beside the Petro Can on the left is the Brissette House. Parking is available in either the Brissette House lot or the lower lot of the Petro Can. Gas is available across the road and slightly north of the Brissette House at the Amco or at the Petro Can. The Amco has trail maps and is usually easier on the carbides than the Petro Can. You can also get a great breakfast at the Amco.

This will be our first of what will hopefully be more combined efforts to provide fun family oriented snowmobiling.

Baxter will be riding from the Brissette House (local tourism office) on Lone Pine Rd. at 10:00 am and meeting our great neighbours from Snowcrest at the intersection of C and C101D then riding on from there as a combined group. A great opportunity for everyone to meet and ride with people they wouldn't likely otherwise have an opportunity to.

Our departure point -  Exit 156 off the 400 north bound. At the stop sign straight ahead is Lone Pine Rd. (right on C trail) Beside the Petro Can on the left is the Brissette House. Parking is available in either the Brissette House lot or the lower lot of the Petro Can. Gas is available across the road and slightly north of the Brissette House at the Amco or at the Petro Can. The Amco has trail maps and is usually easier on the carbides than the Petro Can. You can also get a great breakfast at the Amco.

This will be our first of what will hopefully be more combined efforts to provide fun family oriented snowmobiling.

stg will get you for that you better start your own topic lol

But this is a partnership effort between Baxter and Snowcrest for this ride. Blake and I first spoke about it at the sled show in October..... I am really looking forward to meeting up with our Snowcrest friends.

Same here, 02 !

But this is a partnership effort between Baxter and Snowcrest for this ride. Blake and I first spoke about it at the sled show in October..... I am really looking forward to meeting up with our Snowcrest friends.

Hi Guys....I'd like to take part in the ride on Sat Jan. 24  from Muskoka Wharf. Is this at 821 Bay St and is this where we park?

Thanks for any information.

Cheers.

:cheers:

Yamaha Fan welcome to the Forum.

It's great to see another Yamaha rider onboard.

Welcome.

Hi Guys....I'd like to take part in the ride on Sat Jan. 24  from Muskoka Wharf. Is this at 821 Bay St and is this where we park?

Thanks for any information.

Cheers.

:cheers:

Hi Yamaha Fan. Not sure of the address, but the Parking Lot from which we will depart is on Steamship Bay Road beside the Muskoka Wharf Residence Inn Marriott.

The map shown above in post # 2 indicates the Muskoka Wharf Parking Lot with a large red double circle.

The map below is an aerial close up of the departure area for the Saturday January 24th Two Club Ride.

I used black to paint over the old OFSC trail route that has been abaondoned. I used a squiggly green line to indicate the current OFSC trail route, which goes right to the municipal parking lot, which is bounded in orange.

The two orange X's will be the departure points. The top X is in front of the Marriott, right beside Lake Muskoka and the gas pumps that "MAY" be operationl by the 24th. The Wharf gas was not yet open last weekend, so I recommend filling up at the CTC gas bar up town if you haven't already filled up your sleds. The lower X is the large parking lot that we will drive through as we enter the OFSC trail to begin the ride.

post-22473-0-98706400-1421792930_thumb.jpg

Hi guys. Thanks for the welcome.

I'll be there this Saturday for sure.

I'm pulling a single covered Hyland Trailer with a 2011 Yamaha Vector gt.

Looking forward to the ride.

Cheers

Due to the current conditions of C trail from the intersection of C & B105 Baxter won't be able to meet up with our friends from Snowcrest this weekend as planned. We look forward to rescheduling once we get more snow.

Due to the current conditions of C trail from the intersection of C & B105 Baxter won't be able to meet up with our friends from Snowcrest this weekend as planned. We look forward to rescheduling once we get more snow.

02Sled: Sorry to hear about the iffy trail conditions. I would certainly like to reschedule if we can work it out Here's a link to our ride schedule. Looks as though Feb 7 would work for Snowcrest. How about Baxter?

Could see that being a problem. I'm still in if Snow Crest is riding.

02Sled. .. I hope your club still go for a group ride somewhere else.

Cheers

Yamaha Fan: We will go somewhere this Saturday....just trying to get an update on trail conditions. I would sort of like to avoid going north on D on a Saturday due to heavy traffic. Stay tuned....

Could see that being a problem. I'm still in if Snow Crest is riding.

02Sled. .. I hope your club still go for a group ride somewhere else.

Cheers

Snowcrest has been more fortunate than us with the amount of snow on the ground. We are planning on heading south from Port Severn on C to Coldwater and then on to Midland. Less rocky terrain, and from Coldwater to Midland is primarily an old rail trail or an all season recreational trail which should be much more rideable. Pray to the snow gods everyone.

02Sled: Sorry to hear about the iffy trail conditions. I would certainly like to reschedule if we can work it out Here's a link to our ride schedule. Looks as though Feb 7 would work for Snowcrest. How about Baxter?

Feb 7 is the opening celebration of our new groomer building.... I believe Saturday Feb 21 would be the next open date in common... time is passing by quickly

Archived