Port Carling area questions

paulh

Just wondering what the conditions are like in the Port Carling  area, Just got onto the site and see no trails open yet.  Any word of whats expected.

Thanks in advance

Cheers Paul

I am also curious.

Bitter cold for a while now and steady snow fall, must be getting close?

MLSTA have a crap load of snow to deal with. Groomer is having difficulty plowing down and avoid sinking in swamps. They are taking it easy. May see something available mid week from my understanding.

MLSTA have a crap load of snow to deal with. Groomer is having difficulty plowing down and avoid sinking in swamps. They are taking it easy. May see something available mid week from my understanding.

It actually does become a problem too much snow and you belly out some sleds packing down sure helps a lot 

Some clubs seem reluctant to have sleds pack down the trails due to liability concerns. A catch 22. Other clubs use their Facebook pages to openly encourage sledders to carefully go out in packing groups.

Some clubs seem reluctant to have sleds pack down the trails due to liability concerns. A catch 22. Other clubs use their Facebook pages to openly encourage sledders to carefully go out in packing groups.

it is a balancing act 

Thanks for all the info. Would love to break trails though, Id pay for the opportunity!

Contact the MLSTA. Maybe they can use your services. Clubs don't want people joyriding all over the unopened trails for a variety of reasons (safety, liability, landowner) but perhaps you can contribute in a way consistent with the club's needs?

Thanks for all the info. Would love to break trails though, Id pay for the opportunity!

If you are interested in helping the club I can put you in touch with Rene the club President. We spoke this morning and they are progressing using the Centaur unit. Packing with sleds at this point will be more hazardous than good. They ate making great progress but patience is needed...

If you are interested in helping the club I can put you in touch with Rene the club President. We spoke this morning and they are progressing using the Centaur unit. Packing with sleds at this point will be more hazardous than good. They ate making great progress but patience is needed...

Sledders do not seem to have much patience we are being abused by some for things not being as they wish immediately 

Sledders do not seem to have much patience we are being abused by some for things not being as they wish immediately

It all comes down to educating and marketing your club and involving your membership.

Some people just don't get it....

I've already received 3 complaints about the trails. I did stop for lunch today at one of our local eateries (Dam Grill) and there were about a dozen sledders in there. They asked me to pass on their thanks to the local volunteers.

I can't beilieve people complain !!! just 7 days ago there was barely any snow and today 7 days later there's feet of snow 2-4 ft depending what area. Me personally I'm amazed and appreciate the hard work all clubs did this past week to open up trails that only a week ago were barely passable on an Argo let alone a sled !!!

Thanks again to all the volunteers. Maybe one day I'll be able to help out a bit my self.

I can't believe people complain !!! just 7 days ago there was barely any snow and today 7 days later there's feet of snow 2-4 ft depending what area. Me personally I'm amazed and appreciate the hard work all clubs did this past week to open up trails that only a week ago were barely passable on an Argo let alone a sled !!!

Thanks again to all the volunteers. Maybe one day I'll be able to help out a bit my self.

X2  Nice post!!!

we have a past president taking potshots on facebook nice . Meanwhile two broken groomers and some very overtired workers 

Nice (sarcasm)  also fixed for you WB.  LOL   No complaints here.  Just waiting to see the green and hopefully I can play in a week.  See what the weather deals you guys. 

Keep up the good work clubs.  Thanks for all your hard work EVERYONE!!!

As Yukon stated, the club is working hard trying to pack but there are still lots of open swamps causing problems.  the MLSTA facebook page provides fairly regular updates FYI

we have a past president taking potshots on facebook nice . Meanwhile two broken groomers and some very overtired workers 

We have one groomer and when it was broken down had one person ask why we don't just rent one and have it brought in until the other is fixed.... Hi Stephensons.... do you have a groomer sitting in your yard I can rent?

As Yukon stated, the club is working hard trying to pack but there are still lots of open swamps causing problems.  the MLSTA facebook page provides fairly regular updates FYI

Driving home in the truck on Sunday, there were so many sledders riding oncoming on snow packed highway 169, that I almost started giving hand signals....

We have one groomer and when it was broken down had one person ask why we don't just rent one and have it brought in until the other is fixed.... Hi Stephensons.... do you have a groomer sitting in your yard I can rent?

rental groomer 2800 per week plus the cost of trucking it there and back 

Archived