Big Northern Loop

marcs

Hoping to head out from North Bay area on Sunday on big loop.Thinking of heading towards Sudbury,north to Gogama,across to Chapleau,up to Hearst,back through Cochrane and New Liskeard.Hoping to be done loop by Thursday.Any info regarding trail conditions and weather forecasts would be helpful.Thanks.

Hearst to Cochrane is all in tip top shape.We have some guys coming in from New Liskeard tonite and i will ask them what the conditions are like from there up and will post the info later.The days are getting warmer but the nights are still cold and no rain in the forecast.Hope this helps.

That would be helpful.Will look you up for a place to sleep if timing is right and you have room.We usually just fly by the seat of our pants on these trips so we never know where or when we'll end up.Thanks.Marc.

Is everything still good between Gogama and Timmins (trails and fuel)? Also, does anyone know how late Ernie's (Missanabie) will be staying open this year? We will be coming through the last week of March. We can likely make Dub. on fuel, but it's always good to gas up and grab a great burger at Ernie's.

Is everything still good between Gogama and Timmins (trails and fuel)? Also, does anyone know how late Ernie's (Missanabie) will be staying open this year? We will be coming through the last week of March. We can likely make Dub. on fuel, but it's always good to gas up and grab a great burger at Ernie's.

I'm going to call him over the weekend and will post info here

I'm going to call him over the weekend and will post info here

Yup, the Ernieburgers are THE BEST anywhere! And you should ask Ernie if you still have to run the 15 miles of road from Chapleau to his place. That's what it was like at the end of February when we were through there. Apparently the beaver dam had broken through somewhere along the trail,pretty far in so Ernie stuck a little piece of cardboard to a tree telling us the "F" trail had to follow the road all the way in to Missisabie. That's a looong way on the road especially if there's not much snow on them! But the detour was definitely worth it! Have a great ride!

Got home on the March 14 Stated in Sudbury, not much snow headed to Timmins the trail were all in good shape there was a little road running, from timmins to kapuskasing then back to cochrane to new Liskeard and back to Sudbury. If I was going up next week I would start at New Liskeard and go west

Decided late Saturday to postpone trip for a few days.According to the weather network it was going to be warm for a few days then turning colder with snow starting thursday and into next week.I don't know if trusting TWN is a good idea but thats what we did.Would still appreciate trail and weather reports through the week regarding the same trip.Thanks.

Marc.

Conditions out of Hearst are super!

Lows around -30c I'd say.

Pretty nippy for the date.

Archived