NEED HELP!! calling all Snowmobilers and ATVers the Future of trails in Dubreuilville.

The Groomer Guy

Guys, I need your help to send a msg to the MNR, they want to close more roads to motorize traffic to protect the Tourist lodge operators.  they help them create a FAKE remote settings when there is road nearby and our small town that is 15kms from some of those lakes,  they put buffer zones around them and restrict us form using the road or expanding out trails on CROWN land to protect a few owners.   this has been going on for over 20years but we stood our ground many time but now they are back at it..... they give us crazy deadlines that they spring up on us at the worst times of the year trying to push a agenda that we do not want.   the deadline is Dec 23rd to make comments.  we need to swamp the MNR email and fax.  

I will post more details but please share with others.... time is limited.... I'm just coming out with this as we sent letter to stop... to postpone this but we did not get it so we have to speak out....... will post info in a few minutes. what we need you to say.

Thank you

Luc

Ok here is the Fax!!!!    MNR fax is 705-856-7511.      The comments should be mailed, faxed or e-mailed to MNR attention Mary Lynn McKenna. Mary Lynn’s e-mail is : marylynn.mckenna@ontario.ca.

Here are some key things to say,

The deadline is December 23

you may outline the affect the road closures will have on business.

It’s important to state the following:

1/ The Magpie plan calls for closing many existing roads (36 as listed in Table 3) by erecting signs prohibiting motorized vehicular travel on these roads. The roads would be closed a distance of 3 km. from a designated Remote Tourism Lake.

2/ You are opposed to closing these roads to the public by using the new signs.

3/ You support restricting access to the remote lake by using the current Road Access Signs ( Use of this road to Access a certain Lake is prohibited). This system has worked for 20 years and why fix something that is not broke.

4/. The Outfitters and Public have shared the Magpie Forest in harmony under the existing Road Use Controls for the past 20 years. These new measures are not necessary and will only create conflict between the users.

If this goes as planned we will not be able to go off trail and ride old logging roads to run the powder, we will be restricted to run the just the trail and from a predetermined date.   this will hurt us to open up new loops, trails in the future and new trails would not accepted in theses areas.  

I need you guys to share on as many sites you can, if you have special skills that could help us please let us know... we can use every trick we have.

Thank you.

Just sent. I also requested a read receipt and sent it high importance to the email. I will be curious to see if it even gets opened or is deleted without opening. I get notification either way. They need to get their act together. MNR hampers everything they do, costing us money while Ministry of Tourism recognizes value and gives us money.

Just sent. I also requested a read receipt and sent it high importance to the email. I will be curious to see if it even gets opened or is deleted without opening. I get notification either way. They need to get their act together. MNR hampers everything they do, costing us money while Ministry of Tourism recognizes value and gives us money.

It would not surprise me  they delete them and don't submit them.  Thank you.   :)

Have you contacted your MPP? Could you get him/her on board as well?

We did but our local MP and MPP are NDP so they are not in power so they cant do much then ask...    I'm so tired to have fight against the MNR... I don't why they protect so much those remote tourist operators... they hardly bring in $$$$ to town, they Fly in from Wawa, hawk an White river into our lakes north of town. when the plans are full with clients they detour the town but when they come back empty they fly right over town.... they avoid the town so they give the impression of remoteness to people that pay crazy amounts for a vacation when I can drive my truck and atv to those lakes if we could... but we have the restrictions.

Luc, I prepared and sent a detailed email to the address you provided.  In my content, I voiced my opposition to the Magpie Forest area road / bush closures that will affect general public recreation use of that area.  I also indicated Wawa and Dubreuilville are home to some of the nicest snowmobiling opportunities in Ontario and to please leave it as is.

Luc,

Not sure how much it will help but this is what I sent:

Mary Lynn McKenna

Ministry of Natural Resources,

I am opposed to the MNR's proposal to close roads in the Dubreuilville area just to protect tourist lakes from the general public. The current system of using road access signs "Use of this road to access a certain lake is prohibited" has proven it works as well as any other system. Why change it?

As a snowmobiler I visit the Dubreuilville area in the winter to ride both the local trails and also the forestry roads in the winter. It is unfair to deny me the use of these roads. This will only make it more difficult for the local club to build and maintain trails as they also use these roads as part of their trail system. Please remember, as a snowmobiler, I come to the area with my snowmobile and my wallet. I support the local economy through my purchasing of all trip amenities including, but not limited to, lodging, food, fuel and entertainment. My spending is not limited exclusively to one lodge owner but to many of the local businesses. There are many other snowmobile enthusiasts in the same boat as myself supporting the local businesses.

In closing, please leave the current system of lake restrictions in place for the Dubreuilville area and allow us to continue to support the local economy.

I too requested notification on whether it was read or deleted without opening.

Here's the message I just sent

Restricting the use of CROWN land to one tourism segment is WRONG!  If these operators are convinced this will good, then they should buy the land.

Crown land needs to be accessible to ALL.  Plain and simple.

Feel free to get in touch with me.  I have kept this message short in the hopes that it will actually get read.

Sincerely,

Mr. R. Fulford   (TAXPAYER)

I used nith valley sleders letter and augmented it for my use. both lynne and I have sent in the following letters. Ski

Mary Lynn McKenna

Ministry of Natural Resources,

I am opposed to the MNR's new proposal and new signage to close roads in the Magpie Forest area to "protect" tourist lakes from the general public. The current system of using road access signs "Use of this road to access a certain lake is prohibited" has proven it works as well as any other system. no need to further tighten the already restrictive access to this area, that is on crown land, for ALL PEOPLES ACCESS. For the past 15 years we have honored the signs, and have never accessed an area where we were not allowed, nor have we saw any evidence of anyone else disregarding the current sign system.

As an avid fisherman, tourist, motorcyclist, and snowmobiler I visit the Magpie forest area year round, to ride both the local roads, trails and also the forestry roads to access the wilderness for my vacationing pleasures. It is unfair to deny ANYONE the use of these roads for recreational purposes. This will only make it more difficult for the towns, local clubs, and the region to build and maintain snowmobiling/atv trails, as they also use these roads as part of their trail systems to interconnect to the ofsc province wide trail network, that adds a HUGE influx of tourist funds to this region, that has been badly hurt in the economic downturn of late.

Please remember, as a tourist, I come to the area with my snowmobiles, motorcycles, truck, and boat, friends, family, AND OUR WALLETS. We support the local economy through purchasing of all trip amenities including, but not limited to, lodging, food, fuel and entertainment, permits, licenses, souvenirs, repairs, bait, tackle, equipment etc... Our spending is not limited exclusively to one lodge owner but, to many of the local businesses throughout the region Wawa, Dubreuilville, Missanabi, Hornepayne, White River, Manitouwadge etc.... There are many other tourists, and wilderness enthusiasts in the same boat as myself supporting the local businesses, and tightening restrictions, may lead us all to seek out less restricted areas and not spend our money in these communities, where our funds are badly needed, and wanted.

In closing, please leave the current system of lake restrictions in place for the magpie area, and allow us to continue to support the local economy, any additions to the current plan, may have an adverse effect on the economy, and perhaps even friction between remote tourist outfitters, and local municipalities, and or user groups.

thank you for your time and consideration, 

Wow!!!! Omg  you guys are great!!! this is perfect!!!!!   We need more the deadline is today we can send more.  Please spread the word   we then have a other thing called CLUAH that we need to fight.. its the same type of thing but a project the MNR had put in place...a working group to come up with scenarios to deal with the conflict but its flawed as there is remote tourist on it and they are pushing  hard with  their  federation  called NOTO  the thing was put aside and was sleeping and they suddenly work it off blow the dust off of it and BANG we have to decide what we want and we have until Jan 20th I think   this can also be very bad  I saw the Maps

Luc,

Email sent as well!!! Hope all this helps you guys!!

• 2 weeks later...

Worst is most tourist outfitters are not Canadian at least around here anyway, yet they want to control my access to my crown land in the country I pay taxes in as a citizen so they can ask for more money from their guests. They on the other hand split their profits between Canada and the US and therefore pay less tax to Canada by hiding half in the US that was made in Canada!

We have fought and lost the road closures to motorized vehicles on many roads to tourist interests that entail restricting our access. B.S. Its why some of us access the lakes of tourist outfitters (yep they think that they are their lakes and even try to run us off) by creeks and fish alongside the tourist boats. They get very puzzled by where we came from and even more so when we tell them there is a road just over the hill.

I'm all for tourism but tourist outfitters taking over our lakes calling them their own and blocking access is wrong!

I got a message yesterday that my email had been read.... at least that is something

• 2 weeks later...

I copied this from information I recieved from an outfitter, I myself don't agree with this, and I believe it fits in well with this thread. Not much time left, act quick.

About 4 years ago we had solicited your help to fight a proposed logging road that would potentially destroy the remote values we cherish in this northern part of Ontario.  Sadly, we now find ourselves in an even bigger battle in a Land Use Planning exercise that is currently taking place in the Wawa District of the Min. of Natural Resources. This land use exercise is referred to as the “CLUAH project”.  We had hoped that this plan would seriously look to the future and plan for the sustainability of all of our fish and wildlife resources, as well as provide for all those who love the remote values of our wilderness.  That will not happen if the current plan listed on the Environment Registry of the Min. of Environment if this is allowed to proceed.

We are on a very tight time line and need those of you that wish to help to do so IMMEDIATELY.  You only have until January 19th/15 to respond.  Please click on www.ebr.gov.on.ca .  this link will bring you a screen where you click on “Environment Registry”.  On the next screen Enter the following registry No.  PB06E2025. Once on that screen, click on this number which will bring you to the main site of the Project.  The details are listed at the bottom on the Screen in “Stage IV’ (4) if you wish to read them.  However, you can just go to the right side of the main screen to the CONTACT INFORMATION.  Click on “Submit comments”.  In the blocks that will appear, please enter your name, mailing address, city/town, postal code and phone number.

In the Comment box – IF you wish to support the sustainability of REMOTENESS into the future please state that you “DO NOT” support the plan as presented.  That you wish to see areas of the land designated for “Enhancement Management for Remote Recreation and Tourism” .  The key words are the need for “Remoteness and Roadless areas.”

For your information, the plans as presented are lumping all of the land base in the Wawa District into “General Use” and are only considering “donuts of trees” around the tourism valued lakes….our fish and wildlife resources are not sustainable in “donuts of forested areas”.

We regret that we are having to rush you through this, but the plan was only put onto the EBR before Christmas, and once we had reviewed the details we knew we had to seek everyone’s  help to protect what we all love for “Future Generations”.

Hey Wildman... thanks for sharing.... Why did they send you this? they want everything then screw the rest!! they don't care about us snowmobilers or Atvers. they want to have a "Fake Remoteness setting" this is what we have to fight. they want everything and shut all CROWN LAND to others that DO NOT PAY the fees to go to their private places. I bet yah if we paid 1200$ to go there and ATV or Snowmobile they would not have a problem with it. Thank you all for the Help. I will need you more. Please continue to send letters to the MNR and Follow the the info in Wildman's Post but in the comments say that you are against remote areas and you want access to crown land you support “General Use"

Archived