WORLD RECORD ATTEMPT FEB 8

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not as many District or OFSC support or presence as nearly should have been. Really sad actually.

These two guys are pretty serious sledheads and are locals. Not taking anything away from the other Federation volunteers. Lots to do in a short season.

Not as many District or OFSC support or presence as nearly should have been. Really sad actually.

I thought it went very well considering there's over 800 sledders to deal with

I thought it went very well considering there's over 800 sledders to deal with

The planning was amazing. I can't imagine there are a lot of places to get planning advice from. Heck, I go to Cruising on King in Kitchener and they do it every year and still have problems organizing it,  oh sorry don't want to bash the volunteers there. I especially liked the way they launched us into the parade. I mistakenly moved my daughters sled behind mine, after they had her beside me, my bad, but they were so good to get things in order right away. The aerial footage of us getting into the parade is real cool to see.

The planning was amazing. I can't imagine there are a lot of places to get planning advice from. Heck, I go to Cruising on King in Kitchener and they do it every year and still have problems organizing it,  oh sorry don't want to bash the volunteers there. I especially liked the way they launched us into the parade. I mistakenly moved my daughters sled behind mine, after they had her beside me, my bad, but they were so good to get things in order right away. The aerial footage of us getting into the parade is real cool to see.

i'm sure there was things if it has to happen again, that was learnt by it. 

There is always something to learn each and every time something is done.  Always room for improvement to strive to do better.  We really had no advice to go on of any kind.  Lots of additional meetings with discussions and drawings and changes throughout.   We had some good discussions about what we would have liked to change. 

It is almost evening when Alberta is attempting it.  I'm not sure thats a good idea.  Canadian snowmobile convention is in town on that date.

There is always something to learn each and every time something is done.  Always room for improvement to strive to do better.  We really had no advice to go on of any kind.  Lots of additional meetings with discussions and drawings and changes throughout.   We had some good discussions about what we would have liked to change. 

It is almost evening when Alberta is attempting it.  I'm not sure thats a good idea.  Canadian snowmobile convention is in town on that date.

Could be harder to see how big the gaps are. That could work in thier favour!

OK follow this link to see our final version for the video from the world record attempt.

Pay special attention to the girl near the start in the pink coat.. That's my oldest daughter age 7.  My youngest is on the front page of the Stratford Beacon Herald

http://avmarketinginc.com/featured.php

you may need to copy the link into your url.

My son and I are in the video twice!

These two guys are pretty serious sledheads and are locals. Not taking anything away from the other Federation volunteers. Lots to do in a short season.

Oh im not taking anything away from the Gov. Or the 1st VP (or anyone else that was there) they are all great people and most certainly dedicated sledheads. Just seemed to be something lacking from the upper tier. It was a great feat and excellent work by everyone involved. Very well done!!

There was less than 100 sleds for the Kelly Shires Ride this year. Pretty sad.

They did that to themselves when they made the minimum pledge amounts so high.

Its unfortunate as its a good cause and was a great event when it was open to all.

Mossy, I was around Auburn today.. Pretty good up there.  Its always nice to see yourself on film.  Our whole family was on the Kitchener broadcast and my oldest daughter is front and center on the one I posted here.  Look for the little girl in pink near the start.  She waves right to the camera.

Alberta has now heard about our number and has changed their facebook add as a result. 

Looks like the record was reset by the Alberta club. Unofficially 1044 sleds! Now if they did everything to conform to Guinness guidelines.

We are looking into a record for having the shortest record.  lol

There's always next winter whether it be our club or another, and even though I'm happy it's in Canada, I want it in Ontario.  

I knew we should have gone around twice! Maybe need to try and coordinate with hailburton forest poker run! They draw 900 sleds most years!

• 2 months later...

Ok, everybody It is now official.  We have heard back from Guiness and Science Hill Drifters are now the World Record Holders for most snowmobiles in a parade.  847

Check us out of facebook or www.sciencehilldrifters.com

I am very proud to be a part of this and that my wife and two you girls could participate in this ultimate family event. 

This was a very well organized event. My hats off to all the behind the scenes people who made this work.

And especially the sledders who showed up coming from far and near. Congratulations to the science hill snow drifters

Congratulations to Science Hill S D and all who were involved. It is wonderful that your hard work has been rewarded. Very proud of this District 5 club. I sure hope the OFSC recognizes your accomplishment.

Watch for an upcoming article by Craig Nicholson.  The main organizer and our new club VP was recently interviewed by CBC radio.  We have been getting lots of good PR which is good for snowmobiling. 

(PS, you can see my oldest daughter Renee age 7 waving to the camera at the 8 second mark in the video.  She is wearing the pink coat.  Front and center.  You cant miss her)

Archived