Fuel in Kinmount!

whiskywizard

In case you hadn't heard yet, Kinmount is getting a gas station (again). This may not be news to the Kawartha/Haliburton County guys, but it's good news nonetheless. North end of town, by the LCBO, very handy to the rail trail.

In case you hadn't heard yet, Kinmount is getting a gas station (again). This may not be news to the Kawartha/Haliburton County guys, but it's good news nonetheless. North end of town, by the LCBO, very handy to the rail trail.

Thats worth getting pumped up about

Is the old station reopening? I saw no sign of anything happening last weekend.

yes, it appears we will be getting fuel in Kinmount. next to the liquor store is what I remember being told.supposed to break ground in june but nothing yet. will post when I see any construction starting.

LIVIN"

Supposed to be where the old Simpson's station was on the opposite side to the LCBO. Also of not is that Irondale General Store is under new management and has gas again along with Gooderham which is open cash only.

I checked the location in Kinmount today. There is a notice of application for a variance. The meeting was scheduled for May. No sign of any actual construction.

• 6 months later...

Any news on this?  Would love to support a Kinmount gas station.

There is no gas there yet. We keep hearing about it, but so far there is nothing.

Hi Yammymammy. How is the twin mountains club doing? How is vector devil?

Supposed to be where the old Simpson's station was on the opposite side to the LCBO. Also of not is that Irondale General Store is under new management and has gas again along with Gooderham which is open cash only.

Where is this said gas station in Gooderham?  Never ridden this area but its on my radar for this year.

For gas in Gooderham, when open, you need to run the Hwy for a couple of KM from the 'E' on the east side of town. It's on the north side of the Hwy 503 as you enter town. 

Hi Yammymammy. How is the twin mountains club doing? How is vector devil?

. Hi Andrew !!! It's Shawn here !!!! Give me a shout

Just go to Wilberforce, its an extra few minutes up the railbed. premium available.

And right beside the trail.

The gossip from a local real estate agent was that if they didn't break ground by early fall it won't happen. They were trying for a sight right on the Burnt river I personally never thought it would happen that close to the river.

LIVIN'

• 11 months later...

I checked the location in Kinmount today. There is a notice of application for a variance. The meeting was scheduled for May. No sign of any actual construction.

Was thru today & no progress. 

Have the pumps been pulled @ the gas station in Gooderham? I'm pretty sure they weren't there today.

I heard it fell thru so nothing on the horizon for Kinmount. Irondale is closed and Gooderham was open in the fall.

I heard it fell thru so nothing on the horizon for Kinmount. Irondale is closed and Gooderham was open in the fall.

The permit application could be overwhelming! Can see why stations close and don't reopen!

Archived