How far did you go this season?

Toyman

First was the famous 2002 polaris 800 twin PTO connecting rod pin and Pto bearing the second was the PTO bearing on a 2009 polaris dragon 800

That sucks. I bet you would take a bent trailing arm anyday again! Were the crankshaft failures Polaris triples?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was your longest day trip? 393 Miles (Kincardine to Midland and back)

Longest multi day trip you were lucky enough to enjoy? only  2 overnighters - Gravenhurst-NB (and back - 1 night)  and Martin River-Cochrane(and back - 2 nights)

Most mileage in one season? think around 2,500 miles this season, most ever probably 3,000 decades ago

Highest mileage you put on a sled?    9,000 miles - 1997 Mach Z     

What was your longest day trip? 393 Miles (Kincardine to Midland and back)

Longest multi day trip you were lucky enough to enjoy? only  2 overnighters - Gravenhurst-NB (and back - 1 night)  and Martin River-Cochrane(and back - 2 nights)

Most mileage in one season? think around 2,500 miles this season, most ever probably 3,000 decades ago

Highest mileage you put on a sled?    9,000 miles - 1997 Mach Z     

hey I remember your crazy ride to Kincardine and Midland! that was ambitious! I remember you updating us from Tim Hortons. Sounds like you had a great season!

hey bud the 89 was new in 88 fall . Your 10k was 88/89 

yep I was going to change it but knew you would correct me,lmao

89/90 was number 300 something Prowler proto-type I bought from a dealer on Kushog Lake Marine,,,lol

yep I was going to change it but knew you would correct me,lmao

89/90 was number 300 something Prowler proto-type I bought from a dealer on Kushog Lake Marine,,,lol

I just figured that your age was showing again 

Not all my miles, but I guess my highest mileage sled is this one.  A 2006 Crossfire 700 with over 24,000 miles per the Cat-ometer.  No motor work and only have done maintenance.  The exhaust Y-pipe rusted and cracked, so I replaced it.  These have been my most reliable sleds (all had y-pipes crack once) and still feel tight and drive like new.  Never have replaced a shock yet.  Still running 2 of the 4 and both had over 16,000 miles when I sold them to buy the other two.  The other one is run gently by my son at full throtle whenever possible and has over 20,000 miles. 

Years ago I rode a Yamaha SR-V over 10,000 miles in one season.  I live on a chain of lakes and trails connected to another chain south of us for about 60 miles of travel north to south.  At the end of the season, the frame would pop-pop as I shifted my weight.  It was done and I sold the 1 season old machine cheap.   

Longest multiple day trip was about 1950 miles and took about 10 days.  It was just looping around the north based out of Dub years ago when District 16 was open too.

The longest day trip was this year when my daughter and I left Gowagonda east on A107C to Elk Lake and then north up the A trail through Cochrane and then west to Hearst.  That was my third over 400 mile trip in all my years of riding since 1968 and more in the neigborhood of 450 miles.  It will be my last over 325 mile trip.  The next day we left Hearst at noon and would have got to Chapleau by 8:00pm, but somebody faulted the pumps in Dub and we ended up eating dinner at Ernie's on Dog Lake before finishing the ride to Chapleau by 10:30pm.

Years ago I left Goulias River (just north of the Soo) one morning and went to Cochrane.  Not sure how far that was, but that will never happen again unless the connection from Chapleau to Timmins comes back.  It was common to be at the Esso in Chapleau in less than 4 hours from Goulias River when the D trail was groomed. IMG_2479_zps1697f3e0.jpg

Put 1900 miles on my 77 Sno Jet SST so that should be like 9000 on a regular sled..lol...longest day was 180 mles....not bad for a 50 ++ year old rider and his classic cadillac..lol....Diceman

Diceman...I am so impressed! My neighbors had a jet back in the 70's.  I feel guilty; I only managed 1,000 kms on a new Renegade Adrenaline.  But I had a sore wing for over a month and a sprained wrist to boot that lasted two weeks. Looking forward to next season already and planning a trip to Temiskaming and back from the Ottawa Valley. 

Looks like most tokk full advantage of riding from home no matter where you lived, or shorter trailering if you are in a city. The season was great for all areas of the Province. I hope this is a trend, but the mother nature is a fickle girl. The worst part of a long season like this is the extra money I spent, and the fact I got nothing done this spring and now have less toime to do the spring jobs around the house before summer hits and walleye season opens.

This year was the best that I can remember.  2432 miles total on the T-Cat.  It rolled over 20,000 miles this year with a fresh engine and is ready for another flog.

On the Dalton Weekend, my son an I road from Milverton to Southamton and back the next day.

On our February vacation week, our group did a 974 mile loop from Englehart to Shining Tree, Timmins, Cochrane, Amos, Rouyne Noranda, Notre Dame du Nord, back to Englehart.  We even got to see a nice pair of kittys that were curled up sleeping on the side of the trail west of Shining Tree.

BP

post-22018-0-13969600-1397269983_thumb.jpgpost-22018-0-17740500-1397270593_thumb.jpg

Not far enought? :)

Cleared my 1000km annual goal, so that's all that really matters to me..

Longest day was my last one, just over 350km...

There was certainly lots of opportunity to get out this season, which for some is not done yet.

I'm always intrigued by statistics. So....

What was your longest day trip?

Longest multi day trip you were lucky enough to enjoy?

Most mileage in one season?

Highest mileage you put on a sled?

this season stats

Drove 3800 kms to ride in Sudbury area from Winnipeg and back, visit family and ride the great trails my old club has :D

Rode in Ontario, Michigan,Minnesota, Wisconsin and here in Manitoba this year :D

Longest ride was last Sunday(april 5th) which was 370km that day :)

1830klicks on the season BUT most of my rides were all day affairs off trail were 40-50miles max as off trail wears you out :icon_hyper:

overall stats

Highest mileage one season 5500kms in 1995

Longest day trip was 658kms from just North of Winnipeg across into North Dakota(Pembina Valley) and back end of march last year

this season stats

Drove 3800 kms to ride in Sudbury area from Winnipeg and back, visit family and ride the great trails my old club has :D

Rode in Ontario, Michigan,Minnesota, Wisconsin and here in Manitoba this year :D

Longest ride was last Sunday(april 5th) which was 370km that day :)

1830klicks on the season BUT most of my rides were all day affairs off trail were 40-50miles max as off trail wears you out :icon_hyper:

overall stats

Highest mileage one season 5500kms in 1995

Longest day trip was 658kms from just North of Winnipeg across into North Dakota(Pembina Valley) and back end of march last year

What are the border crossing like?

What are the border crossing like?

interesting, you just pull up like you would normally do in a car, take off your helmet, shut your sled off and get the same questions as where how long will your stay be etc

do NOT pull off the pavement once you cross the border while waiting for the other sledders in your group to cross :sorry:  you will get them pretty upset. I got a stern talking too when I just pulled off into the snow

I also forgot to shut my helmet cam off when I crossed too -_-

2834 kms which for me is one of my best. Final ride was April 2nd.

6500 km and all but 300 km from home.......Our youngest daughter who is 12 yrs old and first year with licence put on over a 1000 km. 

interesting, you just pull up like you would normally do in a car, take off your helmet, shut your sled off and get the same questions as where how long will your stay be etc

do NOT pull off the pavement once you cross the border while waiting for the other sledders in your group to cross :sorry: you will get them pretty upset. I got a stern talking too when I just pulled off into the snow

I also forgot to shut my helmet cam off when I crossed too -_-

Are you crossing at a regular vehicle crossing or a sled only crossing?

I understand at some crossings they are unmanned and there is a phone you are supposed to use to call customs.

Anyone had that experience? Think it would be very strange.

I understand at some crossings they are unmanned and there is a phone you are supposed to use to call customs.

Used the phone deal before by coming back to Canada by boat... Some places going to to the US on water have a videophone.

Using the phone coming in to Canada by boat was easy, just the boat's captain makes the call and does all the talking. Takes like 2 mins...  

mostly offtrail mileage the last 8 years.

most miles in a season, 4200 in 2001.

biggest trip 2006, 1250 miles 6 days. wawa to chapleau, chapleau to timmins, timmins to hearst, hearst to geraldton, geraldton to hillsport, hillsport to wawa. only saw 25 total sleds on trail the entire 6 days.

biggest single day, several in the 250 range, nothing more.

this year we barely broke 900 miles but, all but, 150 were powder miles, not on ofsc trails.

biggest day this season was about 120 miles. using 15 gallons of fuel to do it,  due to the deep snow offtrail.

Ski

After the OC ride, the 2012 Vector is showing 18468 for a total mileage this year of 6794 Km.  Racks up as second highest year behind last year.

I am on the DL list again, so my season is done. :-(

After the OC ride, the 2012 Vector is showing 18468 for a total mileage this year of 6794 Km.  Racks up as second highest year behind last year.

I am on the DL list again, so my season is done. :-(

same issue?

I used the car crossing one when I went to North Dakota Whahala on the way in and on the way back we crossed at Maida

The one near Lake Of the Woods has a phone where you phone in your details

same issue?

More or less.  Slipped on the ice at the hotel Saturday morning and fell on the same shoulder and also bruised my ribs.  See the OC ride for details.

There was certainly lots of opportunity to get out this season, which for some is not done yet.

I'm always intrigued by statistics. So....

What was your longest day trip? From Port Loring to Sturgeon Falls 167 miles/269 klicks

Longest multi day trip you were lucky enough to enjoy? Our 5 day RAN tour, 740 miles/1213 klicks

Most mileage in one season? In 2007/2008 I put on 4406 miles/7106 klicks

Highest mileage you put on a sled? My current sled has 15,636 miles/25219 klicks on it.

Freezie, your sled must be covered w/ permits! LOL

I haven't crossed the border on a sled, but had quite the chats @ Ft. Erie & Detroit w/ customs officials about sledding. In Ft. Erie the guy asked me where I snowmobiled (I;ve got the "sledder" plate. I told him mostly Apsley area. He said small world as a friend had a cottage on Chandos & they got up there @ least once a winter to ride. Hardly any other questions.

Crossing into Detroit the guy asked me how I knew the passenger in the truck. I told him thru a mutual friend when snowmobiling back in the 80s. He said he & his wife had a recent model Yamahas & asked me what I had for a sled. Again hardly any other questions.

This season was my 9th best mileage wise. Spent too much time shovelling & snow blowing this winter. Best thing was we got 3 three months out of our ice crossing. One brutal winter we got 5 round trips on it (late freeze up/early ice out).

Archived