Still Some Awesome Riding in Muskoka.

blakesnowcrest

Was out All the weekend and the Conditions were awesome.

Here are some pics

We will be out next weekend too

temporary_zps8cdfa092.jpg

temporary_zps7ee91094.jpg

The top photo's awesome, Blake.

Lots of sledding ahead this season.

Keep the rubber side down...lol

The top photo's awesome, Blake.

Lots of sledding ahead this season.

Keep the rubber side down...lol

Thanks!

We did a short loop yesterday and rode to Severn Falls over the Big Chute and Swift Rapids ect...

I agree....its just bizarre looking at the calendar then out the window!.....also, coming home riding its 8-10 o'clock now but seems like 6pm!     I have never rode in such long daylight!

post-23178-0-22627000-1395674655_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-45445100-1395674683_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-04342400-1395674700_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-81238700-1395674737_thumb.jpg

We were out riding the north end of the Muskokas this weekend and it seems like the grooming is starting to wind down. Sat/sun was pretty rough but can't complain, they've all done a fantastic job this yr! Best riding for me, ever. Can any of the muskoka club members comment on whether grooming will continue? It would be nice to get one more weekend but after last, it seems like it might be game over.

Agreed......seems the rd run trails are being groomed less here locally but main trails are still flat as heck

Here is a c&p from HGR club site:

Week 14 - Monday March 24th most of HGR trails are still AVAILABLE as is Mary Lake. Groomer operations are running according to a as required schedule as funds are very minimal. Road running is getting sketchy on trails 51, 53 and 54 hence LIMITED. All trails will be CLOSED as of March 30th...so get out and Ride Safe & Enjoy!

Dan

This is from the Almaguin website:

All ADSC groomers are up and running

ADSC trail and snow condition Up-Date March 23rd 2014 8:48 am

Will still be grooming this coming week, extremely busy weekend so far!
All adsc trails open and groomed and in good condition, looks like we are going to hit April. 
If your not sledding you should be! Picture of Top Trail D March 21st14 11 am perfect trails and most roads still good.

Just saw on Kawagama TV that tall pines(dorset) and ASC(dwight) will end grooming for the season as of sunday 30th.

I dont see this as a problem as friday the rains and 5c will be moving in and by monday it may hit 9c.  I think we can all agree this has been the best winter by far in a very long time.

I know I must load up and head home myself.....sad time of year, but leaving with best memories of the best sled season i can remember!

Dan

Just saw on Kawagama TV that tall pines(dorset) and ASC(dwight) will end grooming for the season as of sunday 30th.

I dont see this as a problem as friday the rains and 5c will be moving in and by monday it may hit 9c. I think we can all agree this has been the best winter by far in a very long time.

I know I must load up and head home myself.....sad time of year, but leaving with best memories of the best sled season i can remember!

Dan

the last of the grooming was done last night and the Entire system has been done in the last few days. Trails will close on the 31st but you'll be able to ride most of the trails for a few weeks at least as Most trails are on public land.

Archived