Elliot Lake

Rich Saul

when are we going Scott? Ski

I am busy working on the house remodel. Had delay after delay and hope to get done with what I am doing myself in the next few weeks.

Weather not helping right now either.

Plan to ride over to Elliot Lake and stay at Dunlop Lake Lodge the weekend of Jan. 30th. You want to go?

we have next weekend off Monday and Tuesday (19-20) was thinking about dub, or the soo/Algoma local, then. the following weekend lynne is out of town for a conference. I might be able to go depending on when you are leaving and coming back. send me a text when you have your plans firmed up. ski

Will do.

We floated the 2 groomers that we had serviced for the district up to Black Creek and Flame Lake. Flame got the BR180 that was at Black last season and Chapleau's old TM125 went to Black Creek. I went up to Black Creek for 2 days to show the guys how the tractor operates. There is enough snow up that way that the groomers are working at thier max trying to open trails. The biggest problem though is brush down across the trail. On Friday we bulled the machine about 4 kms. north of the Ranger Lake Hwy. before breaking the windshield wiper, then had to turn back because we could'nt see. The guys are going to take the sleds and cut where we packed. The first day up there went south on the d106 to the rapid river hwy croosing.

Got some snow in Elliot while I was gone, went out today for a few hours, to check conditions. Went west on the D trail as far as the mile long swamp. Going to start packing/grooming all our trails on Monday, going to be slow going but will get her done.

great to hear, and thanks for taking the time to help the new operators out!!!  How are things going with the new exec at the Chapleu club, have you heard much? Hopefully it all works out for them, a big undertaking if they weren't involved before. 

We floated the 2 groomers that we had serviced for the district up to Black Creek and Flame Lake. Flame got the BR180 that was at Black last season and Chapleau's old TM125 went to Black Creek. I went up to Black Creek for 2 days to show the guys how the tractor operates. There is enough snow up that way that the groomers are working at thier max trying to open trails. The biggest problem though is brush down across the trail. On Friday we bulled the machine about 4 kms. north of the Ranger Lake Hwy. before breaking the windshield wiper, then had to turn back because we could'nt see. The guys are going to take the sleds and cut where we packed. The first day up there went south on the d106 to the rapid river hwy croosing.

Got some snow in Elliot while I was gone, went out today for a few hours, to check conditions. Went west on the D trail as far as the mile long swamp. Going to start packing/grooming all our trails on Monday, going to be slow going but will get her done.

Elliotgroomer

Thanks for the up-dates will be checking on trail up-dates

Zrtkat

• 1 year later...

I am off to Elliot lake tomorrow. Should be a good time and I have Dan seniors notes on where to ride. Thanks again, maybe see you on the trails.

Groomer went past Dunlop Lake Lodge yesterday. Mint trail (now).

Have a great time.

Groomer went past Dunlop Lake Lodge yesterday. Mint trail (now).

Have a great time.

Seen the groomer tonight. Went to Dunlop for supper. Conditions are great here in Elliot lake. Still enough snow to groom and provide lots of lube for sliders. Food was great at Dunlop and cheap too. Not much road rash at the Hilton, parking lot Is snow covered still and there Is trail out behind the mcdonalds and timmy's. Easy trail access.

Best part is trails are all mint and not many riders. They are grooming trails that would be considered perfect in the musoka region.

Just left there last Thursday...love Dunlop Lake Lodge and the trails around the area are awesome! Wish I could have stayed longer!

Just left there last Thursday...love Dunlop Lake Lodge and the trails around the area are awesome! Wish I could have stayed longer!

I had a good chat with the owner of dunlop lodge. Has been there two years and Is slowly making changes. Ride down d143 was great today towards Bruce mines. Snowing now, so things will improve here.

Keep us updated. I'll be in Elliot Lake starting Monday. 

We're up there Saturday night. Too bad path's don't cross. 

If I can ever get out off all this work I'll want to head up earlier then Sunday night.

The town of Elliot lake received about 2 to 3" snow, last night. 15 kms north nothing, not even a trace. Rode the F up to abey falls. Was good and smooth, trail is hard, but still enough lube. Odd path of gravel is showing, where sun is hitting the trail. Only around 1.5 feet of snow in the north section. Groomer Is down north of black creek on the F, blown tire. Not fixed yet. So that section is real rough out to halfway. Took the d106 east towards Bruce mines is mint. All of the trails are great around Elliot lake. Crazy traffic near the soo and north of halfway. Abey almost ran out of fuel today. They had a record amount of sleds that way. We took last of the fuel, and then truck showed up after lunch, so all is well again. I recommend calling ahead to check on fuel situation, or carry extra fuel, if heading that way.

We're up there Saturday night. Too bad path's don't cross.

You will have a great night. Band 108 is playing at the Dunlop. Had chicken wings tonight and ceasar salad. Great food again. Haven't had a bad meal three yet. On second note no road running at the Hampton. Just go across parking lot and hit the trail behind mc Donalds and gas is right here. So great spot too.

The D down to spanish was groomed yesterday, night. Was perfect today. F was good that way too. Elliot lake groomed most of the local trails and traffic is still light. Everything in great shape for the weekend.

Archived